The Peng Challenge Gets All Strategery

Lars

Well, last night I did my taxes, and, when I woke up this morning and shook off the hangover, I found that I'd been taken roughly from behind. I'd be more philosophical about it if they'd bought the wine.

I never resent paying my taxes, though, because I know that every dime I paid went towards the Pentagon's decision to pay Halliburton despite fraud, over-charging, double-billing, corruption and shoddy, sub-standard work. I would resent paying for a war based on lies, stupidity and misrepresentation, so I'm glad to know that my tax dollars are being squandered on the illusion of rebuilding an infrastructure in the soon to be 'Fragmented Warlord States of the Former Colonial Creation Maintained by Vicious Dictatorship Previously Known As Iraq', while in actuality being spent to enrich the cronies and supporters of Dick Cheney, a man whose lack of future political ambition, not to mention bad heart, has given him the wonderful freedom to piss right onto the heads of the American people because he simply doesn't give a rat's ass about what they think.

Mr. Cheney knows that it is easier for a rich man to suck the last bit of meat off the bones of a camel, than it is to reach up the arse of a huge corporate python and try and pull the money back out.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, last night I did my taxes, and, when I woke up this morning and shook off the hangover, I found that I'd been taken roughly from behind. I'd be more philosophical about it if they'd bought the wine.

I never resent paying my taxes, though, because I know that every dime I paid went towards the Pentagon's decision to pay Halliburton despite fraud, over-charging, double-billing, corruption and shoddy, sub-standard work. I would resent paying for a war based on lies, stupidity and misrepresentation, so I'm glad to know that my tax dollars are being squandered on the illusion of rebuilding an infrastructure in the soon to be 'Fragmented Warlord States of the Former Colonial Creation Maintained by Vicious Dictatorship Previously Known As Iraq', while in actuality being spent to enrich the cronies and supporters of Dick Cheney, a man whose lack of future political ambition, not to mention bad heart, has given him the wonderful freedom to piss right onto the heads of the American people because he simply doesn't give a rat's ass about what they think.

Mr. Cheney knows that it is easier for a rich man to suck the last bit of meat off the bones of a camel, than it is to reach up the arse of a huge corporate python and try and pull the money back out.

Oh, and MrPeng, me old chum! I was reminded today about sitting this one time with me Grandma, who was then about 90 years old, and we were after watching the evening news.

And there was a story about how a certain political party was claiming that their policy of tax cuts to the rich would stimulate the economy, and result in increased jobs for the working class.

And me Very Favourite Olde Woman, my Irish-Catholic Grandmother who used to actually take me to Mass, of all the goddamn things, and who used to club me with whatever was handy, shaking with upset, when I used to fight with my sisters, and who I 'Almost Never Heard Say a Bad Thing About Anyone' when I was growing up, turned to me, sitting there as she was in her wheelchair, having worked the line, and then as an office worker for 'Taystee Bread' her entire life, and said to me:

"How much longer are we going to be expected to buy our jobs back from those sons of bitches?"

I just blinked. I'd never even heard her swear before, in all the 35 years of life I'd known her.

Here's a toast to Olde Women

They brought us this far

And we'll sing to their memory

As our glass hits the bar

They worked all their lives

To teach us to live well

They'll spend eons in Heaven

For each day we're in Hell

They were better than we

And they always will be

In their hearts, we've a place

And that might win us grace

But if prayers from the damned

Can God's grace command

Then I pray that Olde Women

Are laughing somewhere

And drinking white wine

With flowers in their hair.

Oh, and MrPeng, me old chum! I was reminded today about sitting this one time with me Grandma, who was then about 90 years old, and we were after watching the evening news.

And there was a story about how a certain political party was claiming that their policy of tax cuts to the rich would stimulate the economy, and result in increased jobs for the working class.

And me Very Favourite Olde Woman, my Irish-Catholic Grandmother who used to actually take me to Mass, of all the goddamn things, and who used to club me with whatever was handy, shaking with upset, when I used to fight with my sisters, and who I 'Almost Never Heard Say a Bad Thing About Anyone' when I was growing up, turned to me, sitting there as she was in her wheelchair, having worked the line, and then as an office worker for 'Taystee Bread' her entire life, and said to me:

"How much longer are we going to be expected to buy our jobs back from those sons of bitches?"

I just blinked. I'd never even heard her swear before, in all the 35 years of life I'd known her.

They brought us this far

To teach us to live well

They were better than we

And they always will be

Can God's grace command

Are laughing somewhere

And drinking white wine

They brought us this far

To teach us to live well

They were better than we

And they always will be

Can God's grace command

Are laughing somewhere

And drinking white wine

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Well, last night I did my taxes, and, when I woke up this morning and shook off the hangover, I found that I'd been taken roughly from behind.

So, doing your taxes is the equivalent of playing CM against... well, everybody apparently. </font>

Well, last night I did my taxes, and, when I woke up this morning and shook off the hangover, I found that I'd been taken roughly from behind.

So, doing your taxes is the equivalent of playing CM against... well, everybody apparently. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I never resent paying my taxes, though, because I know that every dime I paid went towards the Pentagon's decision to pay Halliburton

Look on the bright side. Today Iraq tomorrow Iran. Toss in BFC invading Syria and we have a whole new ball game! Beer? Popcorn? Pretzels?

I never resent paying my taxes, though, because I know that every dime I paid went towards the Pentagon's decision to pay Halliburton

Look on the bright side. Today Iraq tomorrow Iran. Toss in BFC invading Syria and we have a whole new ball game! Beer? Popcorn? Pretzels?

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dearest Ms Sedai,

It is so nice to hear your written voice again. I hope all is well down South and that you and your bandwagon jumping husband are still blissful.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. In case he has forgotten it is spelled E.A.G.L.E.S

(Do you think that will shake the bushs enough to get him to show his face?)

Always a pleasure, m'dear. We are doing fine at the moment and for that, I am thankful.

And we'll see if that's enough to illicit a response, heh.

Right now, he's got his head so far up another game's files, all he can see are orcs and wargs and balrogs.

Dearest Ms Sedai,

It is so nice to hear your written voice again. I hope all is well down South and that you and your bandwagon jumping husband are still blissful.

Love,

Elvis

Always a pleasure, m'dear. We are doing fine at the moment and for that, I am thankful.

Right now, he's got his head so far up another game's files, all he can see are orcs and wargs and balrogs.

Dearest Ms Sedai,

Love,

Elvis