Polite 1.03 Checkup

With all due respect, it is that attitude that has caused the mess we have today. Had BF taken the time to begin with to iron out all these issues then we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

To be honest I consider this to be a beta test ..... yes a beta test that I paid to be a part of but a beta test just the same ......

I bought a game that sometimes seems to work, sometimes doesn't. I really don't want to wait two or three weeks to get one step closer to making it consistent only find out its starting all over again. I would like to get at least one phase of the game up and running so I can play a single solid game without saying CRAP and restarting because something absolutly ridiculous happened. Fix Tank v Tank, fix infantry in MOUT, etc., get one aspect working. Some people have a lot more tolerence for that. Right now I have spent weeks of my free time testing scenarios to find out what the heck is going on. I have stopped doing that.

I know I'll end up doing it again when 1.03 comes out, just like I did with 1.02. I am a glutten for punishment.

And before anyone says, well thats how it works in a real war...that is not what this was designed to do.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

As a tester I can tell you BFC are working very hard. A substantial patch is >.< this close. They have most certainly not been taking their sweet old time, I assure you. I understand your frustration, but hang on in there. IMHO, it's worth it.

Thanks, I was starting sound a little shrill.

Originally posted by Rocky Balboa:

With all due respect, it is that attitude that has caused the mess we have today. Had BF taken the time to begin with to iron out all these issues then we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

To be honest I consider this to be a beta test ..... yes a beta test that I paid to be a part of but a beta test just the same ......

Actually if you do some searching, you will find the shortened timeline (from ideal) was due to their agreements with Paradox and nothing to do with impatient potential customer bitching about a release. As far as I can tell, BF has been pretty adamant about their release dates when it comes to customer questions:

It's ready when it's finished.

Because of their agreements, however, it had to be done now...whether it was actually finished or not..... tongue.gif