At Last!! My member number is now in the lower half of all registered members!!!

Apparently sometime on September 24, My member number went from being from one of the higher numbers on the board, to being one of the lower numbers.

Many thanks to PolloAzul, member number 13489, for knocking me into the lower half of all registered member numbers (13,486 13,487 and 13,488 haven't posted anything yet)

My number=6743

PolloAzul

Member Number: 13489

Now back to your regular programming :D

[ October 01, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: wbs ]

Originally posted by Stoffel:

should have taken a nick with an A in front maybe than my number would have been lower :mad:

Me too. I registered over nine months before Berli, but look at him, the fat sod, he's got a number over three hundred places ahead of me. The swine...

It's alphabetical discrimination, I tell you!

Michael

I am worthless. I am nobody. I have a 5 digit number. I am not worthy to sniff the tires of the mail truck that delivered your copies of CMBO.

I bow to the power of the lower 50% and two's and three's.

However my number is lucky 2 pair ace's and eight's. That is a lucky hand, ehh?

[ October 02, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: DingoBreath ]

Originally posted by DingoBreath:

I hate to bring the bearer of bad news but I used to play a bit of poker and a pair of aces and eights is called a "dead mans hand"!

Found this too to explain why. You better watch your back Dingo!

dead man's hand

(n phrase) 1. Aces and 8s. Supposedly "Wild Bill" Hickok was holding aces and 8s when he was shot in the back by Jack McCall in the Mann-Lewis Saloon in Deadwood, South Dakota, on August 2, 1876. There is some controversy as to the fifth card. Some say all the cards in the hand were black, and that the fifth card was the jack of spades. The current story promulgated by the cardrooms of Deadwood is that the two pair were black and the fifth card was the nine of diamonds. Even so, the term dead man's hand usually just refers to two pair, aces and 8s, in any combination. 2. In hold 'em, A-8 as one's first two cards.

Originally posted by Horncastle:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DingoBreath:

I hate to bring the bearer of bad news but I used to play a bit of poker and a pair of aces and eights is called a "dead mans hand"!

Found this too to explain why. You better watch your back Dingo!

dead man's hand

(n phrase) 1. Aces and 8s. Supposedly "Wild Bill" Hickok was holding aces and 8s when he was shot in the back by Jack McCall in the Mann-Lewis Saloon in Deadwood, South Dakota, on August 2, 1876. There is some controversy as to the fifth card. Some say all the cards in the hand were black, and that the fifth card was the jack of spades. The current story promulgated by the cardrooms of Deadwood is that the two pair were black and the fifth card was the nine of diamonds. Even so, the term dead man's hand usually just refers to two pair, aces and 8s, in any combination. 2. In hold 'em, A-8 as one's first two cards. </font>