All new screenshots posted showing new textures and exciting "HDR" effects!

Madmatt

We have posted 58 new screenshots which clearly show some of the incredible advances the game has undergone recently including all new vehicle textures (winter and summer both) and the use of advanced post processing graphics effects such as High Dynamic Range rendering and full screen glow. Through innovative coding, these exciting effects are even available in DropTeam for those without cutting edge video cards!

DropTeam Media Repository (new screenshots are in gallery #1)

Madmatt

Screenshots are an extreme improvement over the original screenshots. Think these new ones will really get a lot of peoples eye and bring them over to the Dropteam camp and then they'll read about the complex and awesome physics and damage modeling.

Remarkable progress here!

May I suggest making the vehicle shadows a little bit darker and enhancing the light-dark contrast on the vehicles? Would make them look more 3D, I guess.

Also, the fire and smoke effects need to be looked at again.

But you are almost there, no doubt!

Best regards,

Thomm

I have some questions about the game. I hope these haven't been asked already...

When will this game be ready? When can I preorder? Is there going to be a playable demo? Can I be a beta tester? Can I have a Pony? Better to have them all in one post...

I think I forgot to ask the really important ones... What will the system specs be? Is windows, linux and mac versions going to be on the same disc so that I can buy only one copy and play on all platforms? If not, are they all released at the same time?

Originally posted by Drusus:

I think I forgot to ask the really important ones... What will the system specs be? Is windows, linux and mac versions going to be on the same disc so that I can buy only one copy and play on all platforms? If not, are they all released at the same time?

Hey! Did I just read Linux?!

Hoping for one CD/DVD then, because I have just been awarded 8.000$ to buy computer hardware for my "computationally and graphically intensive" project! tongue.gif Linux environment, though.

Best regards,

Thomm

Ctrl-K... this is useful e.g. when you're stuck in a badly damaged vehicle with no hope of extraction (because enemy AA is too close for example) and allows you to abandon the vehicle.
May I suggest that the last player to do damage to anyone pressing ctrl-k be given kill credit? Air-to-air duels in BF1942 were rather irritating because whenever planes were significantly damaged the pilot would bail out, and one wouldn't get credit for the shootdown.

Minor quibble, of course ;)

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Moon:

Early 2006

4-6 weeks earlier in 2006

Are things going as planned?

I am really, really waiting for this game. I know the policy of "when it is done", but I would just like some kind of status update, if possible. Like is the biggest problems at the moment in the balancing of the game or is there major issues still to be fixed? If this is anything I hope and believe this game to be, I think I am going to spend a lot of time playing this game.

• 1 month later...

The game looks cool and challenging. The vehicles looks great, but I was wondering how they stay so clean after running around the battlefield. Must be that futuristic paint.

I like SciFi so I am hoping this turns out well. And I am really interested in seeing how infantry is going to be simulated in the follow-on module.

Other than vehicles and radar, are there any other recon assets such as UAVs and UGVs?