FREE NAVAL SCOUTS/BLOCKADERS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hellraiser:

Edwin, unfortunately UK dow on USA does not decrease Russia's readiness. At least not in my game.

I would add this feature via the editor, along with having other nations join the Axis as a counter.

It should be noted that if the UK conquers the USA it does not gain the advantage of USA's increasing industrialization and American production is reduced so that over the long term the allied player acutually loses MPPs from this strategy in addition to losing any American units that are on the map or due to arrive.

Unless the UK player can quickly beat the Germany with the plunder he is sunk, and quickly beating Germany will not be easy if Spain, Turkey et al join the Axis and the UK has force pool limits.

[ April 11, 2006, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Yep it seems some houserules of the good old SC 1 still make sense.

The sea is ruling the game...imagine loading almost the whole army into boats ..40+ boats swarming out and killing every ship in port taking key cities...you wont need many groundforces anymore. ;)

You're talking about another game, not SC2 tongue.gif

think we should not worry about grazy tactics but rather about gamey moves which could influence the game balance.

Thank you.

Seriously.

Keep the craziness coming on.

We wanna know about EVERY "gaminess"

Or possible finagle or exploit

That you guys can find.

And,

We wanna know it... now,

Or later, and soonest

Rather than - then. smile.gif

I second not allowing the player to move garrisons way from the neutral major capitols. It's the best suggestion given here. And I don't see a big problem with it being a "special rule" since it's just one (sensible) rule made to prevent a horrible exploit.

Originally posted by Exel:

I second not allowing the player to move garrisons way from the neutral major capitols. It's the best suggestion given here. And I don't see a big problem with it being a "special rule" since it's just one (sensible) rule made to prevent a horrible exploit.

I do not agree with that at ALL. You the player ARE the dictator with ALL powers. Do whatever you want with those troops, send them out to sea if you want, ALL of them.

It could very well be your loss, it takes 6 turns to fully entrench on a Capital, move it away and if the enemy attacks and you just moved it back, you're in trouble.

The question is how to best avoid the UK DOW USA exploit, where Allied player moves US corps out of Washington, then DOW and Invades. Taking Washington in one turn and gaining 3400+ MPPS

Note that if UK does this it: 1) loses all USA units and 2) faces reduced production from USA. If USA partisans are activated this extra production could be reduced to almost zero.
Option 1 (FAVORED BY HC & BLASHY (Blashy except for Italy))- Do not allow Major Powers to attack Neutral Major Country Allies. Germany can't DOW Italy and UK can't DOW USA or Russia.

Option 2 (Favored by Exel)- Do not allow Garrison of Major Country Neutral Nation Capital to move

Option 3 (Favored by Edwin) - Have Spain, Turkey, Bulgaria, Iraq, Hungary and Vichy France join the Axis and activate American Partisans

Option 4 - Don't Allow UK to DOW USA, do allow Germany to DOW Italy and UK to DOW Russia.

Option 5 - Activate American Partisans; pre and post surrender, and have USA capital move from City to City, thus requiring UK to send 4 corps to USA.

Option 6 - Enlarge Map by 2 tiles and have USA capital move West to Chicago or Pittsburgh if Washington is captured.

[ April 11, 2006, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Option is the best, except for Italy of course, but it does not matter.

Honestly, DoW Italy by the Germans = Game over. You loose WAY too much for the little gain in MPP. Now that it has been fix.

NOTE: This whole issue would be non existant had I not forgoten to mention this to Hubert. I did the whole Italy thing and wrote it down, it was fixed, but I forgot to write about the USA issue.

So just forget about it, it never happened ;) .

No one seems to care answering...
Do we care?

Well, HR,

Tote up the posts that Hubert, Bill,

Blashy, Moon and myself have made

Since Demo came out. ;)

[... and just wait until actual game

arrives, eh? ;) ]

... why those damned UK ships don't collect xp via shore bombardment ...

Everybody who admired!

How the average Admiral could

Wallow off-shore and bombard

Oh, let's say, defenseless

Dublin or Bergen,

And arbitrarily boost the number

Of experience medals

For their Capital Ships,

Please raise yer hand.

Things are better all around

SC Town. :cool:

For instance,

You NOW earn LESS experience

For shore-bombardment,

And MORE experience

For actual at-sea encounters

VS an enemy - that can shoot back.

Seems more realistic,

And not so "gamey," to me. smile.gif

Yeah,

I know.

Sighting in the big guns

Takes some skill.

Is that identical to what

The Captain and Crew

Had to do, sweating

Bloody rivets & bullets,

On HMS Hood

Or... Bismark? ;)

Originally posted by Blashy:

Why would I do that?

I'm just saying the flaw was found earlier, I just obviously forgot to mention it.

Option 1 is also my favored since the whole Germany invades Italy option is irrelevant.

Sorry, forgot the :D on both of those posts.

Originally posted by hellraiser:

No one seems to care answering why those damned UK ships don't collect xp via shore bombardment ...

Inevetiably some questions will be missed... however IIRC they still do collect experience but it has been reduced to 0.5 per bombardment. The manual is available to confirm this and you can set the experience display in the ADVANCED dialog to show the actual decimal values and not the experience flags as is set by default to know for sure.