In memory of the Americans, British, Canadians and other mixed Allied fighting men... June 6th 1945

BTW: Facts, D-Day stood for the Day, and H-Hour, the Hour in which combat attack or operations were undergone. Something the American's used for the first time in the planning in WW1 smile.gif

There are no more Wars like there was then guys, there is nothing as epic or as righteous as freeing France from the Iron Fist

Band of Brothers is a great show, watch this if you're younger and want an idea of what is was like for our men. People think Wars today compare, Axis Partners like Italy were weak but Japan & Germany were real hardcore foes and they had training and equipment to match USA/USSR/UK.

People think if we'd of just driven our Trucks and Tanks to Berlin it would've ended!

NOWAY!!! Those Axis made us work for every inch of soil and never would've conceded without total defeat... and Many British, Canadian lost their lives too in West!

Camp Rambo salutes those at D-Day, on the Allied side that is. My grandfather-in-law won a couple medals including the purple heart that day. Later in the Campaign, he waxed a Bunta officer & collected the uniform. It's in a museum today smile.gif

Camp Rambo salutes ALL American soldiers in today's war. Camp Rambo salutes President Bush for taken on the today's Axis of Evil.

[ June 06, 2007, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Originally posted by Liam:

NOWAY!!! Those Axis made us work for every inch of soil and never would've conceded without total defeat... and Many British, Canadian lost their lives too in West!

Well Liam you are correct. However in 1944 the Wehrmacht was a shadow of what it had been before. When will we see a truly amerian acknowledgement of the russian war effort that tore apart the best of the wehrmacht? The history writing of the second world war in the west is seriously flawed.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Well Liam you are correct. However in 1944 the Wehrmacht was a shadow of what it had been before. When will we see a truly amerian acknowledgement of the russian war effort that tore apart the best of the wehrmacht? The history writing of the second world war in the west is seriously flawed.

History is never written objectively.

Der Standort bestimmt den Standpunkt. ;)

(The location determines the point of view)

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Camp Rambo salutes those at D-Day, on the Allied side that is. My grandfather-in-law won a couple medals including the purple heart that day. Later in the Campaign, he waxed a Bunta officer & collected the uniform. It's in a museum today smile.gif

Camp Rambo salutes ALL American soldiers in today's war. Camp Rambo salutes President Bush for taken on the today's Axis of Evil.

@ Rambo ... Dude, tongue.gif

what has your friend George double-u to do with D-Day? :confused:

He is just celebrating a party with Mrs. Merkel and comrade Putin. tongue.gif:D

Anyway, I salute those, who you salute...

... and also those, who fought on the other side of the front. tongue.gif :eek: ;)

Yes, the Russian Campaign. One has to admire the beauty of simplicity, I was reviewing IL2 Sturmovik, it has a great realistic Flight Sim of the Eastern Front.

Though of course this topic is to remeber the D-Day assualt on Normandy. Something Russia wouldn't have been able to likely do, in 1944.

Also one tends to forget that France, The United Kingdom and many other nations were at war with Germany in 1939! While the Russians made a non-aggression pact making Hitler stronger and stronger, both politically and otherwise damning themselves! It's their own fault they didn't join in '39 and their losses would've been far less, I assume greed was the motive?

Nevertheless later, they proved themselves the most powerful land army in the world! "Great Patriotic War" As the Russians call it and they won of course without the West they may not have!

As an American I salute all sides in the war. I lost 7 of 9 uncles in that war. Our family tree comes from an area of Poland that was both German and Russian. Five of those lost served in different armies. Three were Russian that died. Two where German and two where American.

It was truly an international war for my family. I salute all who died and lived in all wars for those men give it all for their countries.

Wars are just so stupid. A complete failure of the politicians result in war. As a combat disabled veteran I sincerely hope we will someday learn not to throw our good young men away in this way.

But then where would I get these great war games from?

Originally posted by targul:

Wars are just so stupid. A complete failure of the politicians result in war.

A great thought and often true. On the other hand, war at times is a necessary evil. There have been and will unfortunately be again times where there is no choice but to go to war. Some people and/or some beliefs are so dangerous and destructive as to require their elimination. There have and will be those that will not think twice about conquering, controlling and/or killing others and will continue to do so unless stopped.

We may at times have differences of if a particular war is/was necessary. But unfortunately, we must understand that it can be and we must be ready to go to war when it is. Perhaps many of us would agree that Hitler & WWII was one of those times.

But back to your thought, you are correct that war should be avoided, is horrific, is often stupid and can be the failure of politicians.

@Kuniworth --- Dude, it took the USA a little time to ramp against Germans killing farmers. We were asleep. The war in the West wasn't as easy as you make it. We had a long ride just to get to the show. Oh, don't forget that little spat in the Pacific!

Originally posted by Retributar:

At least in the case of ... WW1!,...it took place for the right reasons!.

WW1? :confused:

Originally posted by Yogi :

Also one tends to forget that France, The United Kingdom and many other nations were at war with Germany in 1939! While the Russians made a non-aggression pact making Hitler stronger and stronger, both politically and otherwise damning themselves!

Sorry, but it was France & the UK who helped Hitler most.

1936: Rhineland

If France would have marched in 1936...

1938: Munich

UK & France let Hitler stay alive (without appeasement Hitler would have been arrested by the german generals)

So don't blame Russia for 1939

It was the west, who feeded this demon first...

PS: even in 1939 France could have done more: after Poland the german Wehrmacht was very low on ammo...

It all started with WW1 and the much too harsh demands of UK and France, Germany was being starved economically and so the people easily fell prey to a man who promised them the moon.

But then again the first WW was started by Germany and prior to that... well it could go on and on but basically it was and still is (see George Bush) idiots with delusions of grandeur who cause wars.

Greedy nations = War.

D-Day what an incredible feat in logistics, the greatest ever for sure.

We sent troops to Iraq to make its people free, not to make them American. Iraqis will write their own history and find their own way. We cannot let terrorists hold this nation hostile. We will never relent in defending America - whatever it takes. The tyrant has fallen, and Iraq is free. America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman. America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

God Bless the USA

God Bless our troops

God Bless President George W. Bush

AACV035~President-Bush-1st-pitch-2001-World-Series-2-Photofile-Posters.jpg

We sent troops to Iraq to make its people free, not to make them American. Iraqis will write their own history and find their own way. We cannot let terrorists hold this nation hostile. We will never relent in defending America - whatever it takes. The tyrant has fallen, and Iraq is free. America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman. America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

God Bless the USA

God Bless our troops

God Bless President George W. Bush

That really made me giggle a few times.

How can someone be so brainwashed on so many accounts.

Do you ever watch some international news?

So happy to be living in a country where people still can make up their own mind without following the screwed image that the American press is creating.

Fox news, rofl....prime example.

After seeing airplanes flying into our buildings & people jumping off the top of the World Trade Center that's all I needed to know.

"Wasn't my war, they started it" --- Rambo, First Blood.

Why would I care about international news? Europe does nothing for me, neither do they care about me. Europe is the one who started all the wars throughout history. We pilgrams left Europe to get away from your tyranny.

As for being brainwashed, nah...I don't care about the press. They actually hate Bush & the USA, therefore my beliefs sure didn't come from them. I'm bloodwashed, see KJV.

I supported the cleanup of Yugoslavia few years ago under Clinton. You Euros could careless & did nothing to help those people either. Euros just sit back, unless it's their own neck on the line, they'd rather make peace with evil. Screw that. We helped with fighter support in Yugoslavia, Bosnia, Crotia, or whatever it's called now.

"We were suppose to protect those who can't fight for themselves" --- Few Good Men

Remember rambo the guys flying those planes were saudis(americas big oil friends)and egyptians.NOT IRAQIS.What he did makes about as much sense as after japan bombed pearl harbour america attacks mexico.I wonder why georgie didnt go after saudi arabia and egypt?

Europe is the one who started all the wars throughout history.

You kinda forgot your little Independence and civil war. And not to mention Korea, Vietnam, Cuba and some other minor stuff in South America.

I supported the cleanup of Yugoslavia few years ago under Clinton. You Euros could careless & did nothing to help those people either. Euros just sit back, unless it's their own neck on the line, they'd rather make peace with evil. Screw that. We helped with fighter support in Yugoslavia, Bosnia, Crotia, or whatever it's called now.
Actually Europe has been there for a very long time during the whole conflict and since then long after. You might wanna read up again on that subject. And Clinton bombing that country was conveniently timed with his Lewinsky affair becoming public ;) Which was long after the war had ended.

Anyway I'd love to see all the Religion and Politics crap being dumped in a very deep dark hole. It has no place on a WW2 game forum.