CMBB Demo in Texas

For those willing and able to endure the heat of Central Texas, I have been granted permission to host a demo of the current beta build of CMBB.

Date is scheduled for Saturday, July 27. I live in the Bryan/College Station area and will provide driving directions for those who are interested. Please e-mail me at:

olderpaladin@hotmail.com

Check all weapons at the door.

Not to worry, I'm not an Aggie. heheheh Yup, there are quite a few beer joints in town, but there are still 17,000 Aggies here in sumnmer school. The drive is more like 3 to 3 1/2 hours depending on where in Dallas you live. E-mail for address and driving directions.

Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seimer:

. . . but there are still 17,000 Aggies here in sumnmer school. . .

Thanks for the warning. If I talk to any of them, I'll be sure to speak s-l-o-w-l-y and loudly.

Steve</font>

I haven't visited the Dixie Chicken since my wife graduated in 1995. This might be a good opportunity to check out CMBB and visit Aggieland's most famous drinking establishment. Check your email Seimer and thanks for hosting this demo.

Is anyone from Houston interested in car pooling? As cool as it would be to go, I don't feel driving the whole way.

I'll definitely chip in for gas, beer, show girls, etc.

[ July 15, 2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Alan ]

Originally posted by Seimer:

but there are still 17,000 Aggies here in summer school.

How many Aggies does it take to eat an armadillo?

Three. Two to watch for headlights, while the third has a go at the carcass.

I find the concept of Texans being given a sneak preview of CMBB absolutely disgusting. Although I'm glad that even a naysayer of House Bard, like MrSpkr, has a chance to enter into the promised land.

The biggest question for those of us in America has always been: How can we convince the Mexicans to accept Texas back, without agreeing to a repatriation of the current populace to the rest of America?

Just wanted to say that I went out to Seimer's house yesterday. He was kind enough to give me an early preview since I'm moving in the next day or two. Everyone who goes is in for a treat, Him and his wife are great hosts (Free pizza...a huge plus in my book :D ) and then I got to see CMBB for a while. Hearing some of the things that have gone into the decision making process was very nice, and the love and detail shows. Got to play USTanker in a TCP/IP match...well, got to have my rear handed to me by USTanker in a TCP/IP anyway. I didn't have a whole lot of time to see some of the things I wanted to, but what I saw was really, really nice. If anyone wants to ask anything I'll try to answer. BTW...when you go...have him show you the partisan scenario. You'll see a traffic jam from hell. :D

Edit: The mouse view movement is a nice improvement in my opinion. If you've played Shogun or Medieval Total War, it's just like that. Once you get used to it, it makes things much easier.

[ July 21, 2002, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Wolfpack ]

I think I watched JasonC play this scenario or something similar at Rune's place.

It did have a different flavor than anything I had seen before. The scope and breadth of scenarios that the designers will be able to present soon is going to be fantastic.

BDH