Biggest letdown in CMBB demo so far...

The tracers still faces the wrong way! :( (Ok, imho). When I saw they were mod-able now, I immediately tried it, but the shape of the tracer is still hardcoded. Bummer.

And they seem a bit small? It's hard to see them from anything but "point blank range".

Coolest thing so far: I got my ass handed to me by the sovjet-ai on the "citadel" scenario. That haven't happend before smile.gif

They are not backwards as such, its just that Charles prefers that they point TOWARDS their direction of travel instead of looking like little comets with trails.

The fact of the matter neither is really the way they look in real life.

I tried to get Charles to change it, but he likes them the way they are.

They were reduced in size somewhat to reduce clutter and be a little more in line with their actual size but I dont have a problem seeing them at all levels of elevation.

Madmatt

I'd like the tracers to be a tad bigger as they are currently in CMBO. At the moment I am hearing gunfire, then having to click many units trying to see where the enemy LOS line is coming from.

Also tank rounds are a little tricky to see, I don't know if they've been reduced in size or not.

Originally posted by M. Bates:

I'd like the tracers to be a tad bigger as they are currently in CMBO. At the moment I am hearing gunfire, then having to click many units trying to see where the enemy LOS line is coming from.

Also tank rounds are a little tricky to see, I don't know if they've been reduced in size or not.

I am wondering if modding them would help. They are not as "stand out" as I would prefer. Modders could lighten up the colors in the bitmap to make them easier to see against the map?

-Sarge

agreed...kinda gets annoying finding out who's shooting on your side and who's just sitting around with there hands on there a$$...it could be a tad bigger...just a tad...not to big like CMBO...CMBO looked like a star wars battle at times...

I think that the tracers look worlds better than they did in CMBO! So fixes needed there IMO.

Oh, you lost to the AI! smile.gif I almost got my butt handed to me by the AI when I played the first scenario (in German, and I dont speek German too well!) and had to learn the hard way about how to attack the new MG's.

Chad

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

The tracers still faces the wrong way!

Jesu Christo!

You are granted the gift of the CMBB demo, and you're gonna rant about the shape of the tracers?!? Holy Moly...

I bet you get pissed when the restaraunt doesn't make sure all the asparagus on your plate point in the same direction too.

The shape of the tracer is about as important as the pimple on the flea on the hair on the wart on the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea...

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

When I get asparagus I dip half of them in ketchup and half in mustard. That way I can use the colors to help tell if they are incoming or outgoing.

For me, they're coming if I am putting them in my mouth. They're going if...well, I hope you get the picture.

:D

Michael

Originally posted by Madmatt:

They are not backwards as such, its just that Charles prefers that they point TOWARDS their direction of travel instead of looking like little comets with trails.

The fact of the matter neither is really the way they look in real life.

I tried to get Charles to change it, but he likes them the way they are.

They were reduced in size somewhat to reduce clutter and be a little more in line with their actual size but I dont have a problem seeing them at all levels of elevation.

Madmatt

I understand about the "pointing towards" the target, it's just I would have prefered the comet/fireball style. Too bad Charles couldn't have made them just rectangles, so the shape could have been decided with the texture...

But I can live with that... What's more bothersome is the size. When I played "citadel", it was impossible to see them from any further up than view 1 or 2.

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperSulo:

The tracers still faces the wrong way!

Jesu Christo!

You are granted the gift of the CMBB demo, and you're gonna rant about the shape of the tracers?!? Holy Moly...

</font>

The biggest letdown in the GERMAN demo ist the opening screen! It shows two GIs (yes, Americans!)pulling out in front of a Panther.

Congratulations, CDV (the european publisher)!!!

By using this picture for the opening screen AND a one-page-ad in the german gaming magazines you showed that you are totally unaware of what this game is all about!!!

BTS, still happy with CDV???

I hope this does not give an indication on the quality of the localized german version....

Originally posted by Marder:

I hope this does not give an indication on the quality of the localized german version....

As CDV aren't writing it, how would it? Just think, if it wasn't for that opening splash screen you'd have to find something else to complain about, personally I couldn't care if the opening splash screen showed Brittney Spears, it's the game that counts.

Originally posted by Firefly:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Marder:

As CDV aren't writing it, how would it? Just think, if it wasn't for that opening splash screen you'd have to find something else to complain about, personally I couldn't care if the opening splash screen showed Brittney Spears, it's the game that counts.</font>