What`s your favourite Russian tank?

Well some of you lucky lot have got it now for almost 24 hours so let`s have your thoughts on what you consider to be the "best" Russian vehicle and why. (in game terms). IMHO I think that the SU-100,SU-76 or the JSU-122 may be good,but I wonder that the concensus of opinion is!

Only a burning russian tank is a good russian tank. :D

No, wait! I'm currently playing the russians in a PBEM! OK, so my favourite russian tank is the **censored** that is moving along the *censored* with a **censored** on his back to **censored** the fashists dogs near the **censored** **censored**.

Hope I didn't reveal too much.

To be honest it's far too soon to have a favourite tank. Ask me again in a week or two.

Guest Panzer Boxb

I've barely scratched the variety of tanks available but so far I'm really liking the T34-85's. Cheap, good mobility, and a decent gun. On the Axis side I just can't help but have a love affair with the Elephant. Don't ask me why. I could not tell you. Words fail me. :D

I think I'll go for the IS-3, the nastiest damn tank the Russians had. Then again, there's the SU-100, the goddamn nastiest tank hunter the Russians had. I like the ISU-152, too, for that was the goddamn nastiest assault gun of the Russians. So what if it comes with only 28 shells ? The blast value for HE is 303 !

Hell ! How should I know which is the coolest ? On the other hand, if the T-34/85 comes cheap compared to the Panther/Tiger, then why not have loads of them and race for a nice flank shot ? You know it makes perfectly good sense !

No, wait. Now I know. It must be the T-26. In the hands of Ãœber-Finns ! :D

Originally posted by Panzer Boxb:

On the Axis side I just can't help but have a love affair with the Elephant. Don't ask me why. I could not tell you. Words fail me. :D

Let me have a wild stab to the dark : 88/L71, superior quality optics, 200 mm armour up front ? :cool: How about the JagdPanther ? Or JagdTiger with the 128 mm baby, any experiences on those ?

Well,for the russkys numbers not quality is often the key.Is3 only saw action in the victory parade in Berlin.T34 my choice.In whatever flavor is available(gun)at the time.Low ground pressure and speed which is a must for off road flanking of superior german armor.My 2 cents tongue.gif

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Boxb:

On the Axis side I just can't help but have a love affair with the Elephant. Don't ask me why. I could not tell you. Words fail me. :D

Let me have a wild stab to the dark : 88/L71, superior quality optics, 200 mm armour up front ? :cool: How about the JagdPanther ? Or JagdTiger with the 128 mm baby, any experiences on those ?</font>

The su85m was the chassis of the su100 with the 85m gun.The 100m wasn't ready for production when the su85 production was cancelled.Thus this is the stop gap measure of which you speak.Once the bigger gun was ready to go su100's went into production.I remember PB.Was the game for tactical nuts in the day.I recall after ASL came out PB,PL and AIW just gathered dust on the shelf.(Well at my house anyway tongue.gif )

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Boxb:

Let me have a wild stab to the dark : 88/L71, superior quality optics, 200 mm armour up front ? :cool: How about the JagdPanther ? Or JagdTiger with the 128 mm baby, any experiences on those ?</font>

Let me ad some experiences i hade in the last days.

Brummbärs would be my favorite assault gun. Real good ammo loadout 40 pieces mostly he 30-35 150mm are real good to smash little towns when attacking, plus the 100mm/40@ slooped armor will help to save your bucks.. ;)

Sturmmörser: well, the 2-3 min. reloadtime issnt fast but this tank hase its authorization to be used, but not in the defense. The accuracy is really worse and you need a broad zone were no own units r involved.

KTiger`s turret speed are improofed, now alot faster then in cm:bo...i think its more realistic.

Shame over me, i never played as russian until now, but saw one time a russian mp squad with a blast power of 450!! :eek: Stay away from these bugs...kill them, where ever you see.....

:D

Yesterday i made some ugly experiance with T-34/85 and Su-85 with tungsten ammo....my panthers got some bad turret pennetrations. After the tungsten were gone, they never archived any frontal pennetration..but to late.. ;)

Originally posted by Panzer76:

I just look forward to kick some uber finn ass, with whatever I get. If all I get is Anti Tank rifles, I'll still kick their ass! :D

:eek:

No way d00d can the royal asses of the Finnish troops be kicked ! No way ! And even less if I'm in command ! Damn, if I had the game I'd be by now teaching you the lesson that so clearly want ! I did warn you ! :D

[ September 22, 2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Prinz Eugen ]

Originally posted by Rat:

My favorite Russian tank is especially that one with a nice smoking hole, established by a fierce Tiger round...

Hehe....you won't see that at a JS3...

and even a T-44 is not impressed by Tigers...

the JS3 will also perform against KTs...

a Jagdtiger (600m) was shelled by him until the crew bailed out after four hits...and no smoking holes...not one, but a lot of scratches from these 128mm popguns....

but besides this its always fun with a KV2 and some KV1 in a '41 environment....

there are hard times in '43 until the KV85 arrives...