Artillery Test Range

I am wrapping up the finishing touches on a really cool Artillery Test Range. On this test range (playing as Allies) you are supplied with four each of every type of artillery including 60 mm and 81 mm mortars. The FO's are Elite, come with maximum load of artillery shells and are guided by a fully decked out Battalion Command Unit and a fully decked out Company Command Unit (both elite) FO's are located on a elevated firebase at one end of the map. There is line of site over the entire map which is broken up by a small town, a river and broken forests which provides several natural chokepoints and some wide open areas that the enemy has to cross. The enemy I have been testing with is a German Infantry Battalion and a German Armored Infantry Battalion. The test range is excellent for developing your timing in calling down artillery strikes on moving opponents - Plus its just dang cool to watch 8 105 artillery pieces decimate a dozen halftracks in under a minute or watch 4 8 inchers drive infantry away from a bridge. Like I said, I am almost finished with this (it is a lot of fun to play with!) and I'm sure some of you will want to check it out. If you do, let me know and I will send you a copy.

I have got to warn you. Playing with the Artillery Test Range is extremely addictive! ;)

I tested it a few times with my Klipsch 400 Watt woofer turned up and the camera at ground zero - OH MY GOD - the screen shaking and the house shaking... You will enjoy playing with this!

Once I made a fortress map. In one corner was an elevated town of large buildings in a row to represent a fortress. On the outside and the first ledge were about 25 HMG42s and 10 150 inf guns.

Then for fun I added a bunch of 270mm rockets and 330mm spotters. I had alot of allied troops just start off in the opposite corner about 1500 meters out. And they would come to a huge treeline about 1200 meters from the fortress.

It was awesome to see the huge lob of the 150 mm shell. And the HMGs looked really cool when they all fired at a location and arced into it. Of course when the arty came down it was death for the Allied troops but damn it sounded and looked cool. Especially when at ground level and looking at the fortress. Looking at all the fire coming into the tree line and then the sounds and explosions of the arty.

Gen

Can I get a copy please?

bobostudaz@yahoo.com

Thanks,

bobo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commander:

I am wrapping up the finishing touches on a really cool Artillery Test Range. On this test range (playing as Allies) you are supplied with four each of every type of artillery including 60 mm and 81 mm mortars. The FO's are Elite, come with maximum load of artillery shells and are guided by a fully decked out Battalion Command Unit and a fully decked out Company Command Unit (both elite) FO's are located on a elevated firebase at one end of the map. There is line of site over the entire map which is broken up by a small town, a river and broken forests which provides several natural chokepoints and some wide open areas that the enemy has to cross. The enemy I have been testing with is a German Infantry Battalion and a German Armored Infantry Battalion. The test range is excellent for developing your timing in calling down artillery strikes on moving opponents - Plus its just dang cool to watch 8 105 artillery pieces decimate a dozen halftracks in under a minute or watch 4 8 inchers drive infantry away from a bridge. Like I said, I am almost finished with this (it is a lot of fun to play with!) and I'm sure some of you will want to check it out. If you do, let me know and I will send you a copy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>