Winterized Doodads

Since learning about the recent inclusion of doodads into CMBB we've all been thrown bones with meat which have been sitting in the hot sun fermenting and allowing flies to impregnate with their eggs.

Maybe through the stormy blizzards we might just be able to catch a glimpse of one of these winter doodad bones, if they exist.

Cheers

Thats awesome, thanks.

What I really meant to ask was, are there any doodads that will exist only in winter maps?

Hey whats crater mode? And whats Huge crater mean in the text at the top.

Sneaky...

[ May 13, 2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Hoopenfaust 101 ]

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Hey whats crater mode? And whats Huge crater mean in the text at the top.

Throwing bones to the forum is like leaving a carcasses out in the wild. It will be torn apart dissolved into molecules smile.gif

There is no escape...

M.

Originally posted by Soddball:

My guess is there's a 'place doodads' option in the map/scenario designer, where you can lay extra terrain widgets over the top of the map - craters, foxholes, etc.

I agree. I hope we can also place AFV hulks on the field in the scenario designer as well; to simulate an area that has already been fought over at least once before. I always disliked how CMBO's battlefields looked almost new when you start a new scenario.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

My guess is there's a 'place doodads' option in the map/scenario designer, where you can lay extra terrain widgets over the top of the map - craters, foxholes, etc.

I agree. I hope we can also place AFV hulks on the field in the scenario designer as well; to simulate an area that has already been fought over at least once before. I always disliked how CMBO's battlefields looked almost new when you start a new scenario.</font>

I don't know of any doodads that are specific to winter maps. Actually winter tends to have FEWER doodads as the ground is covered in snow.

No, doodads are NOT repeat NOT user placeable as they are associated to specific terrain tiles.

Craters, however (and good catch on noticing that), are now. Foxholes are handled a bit differently but more on that later.

Madmatt

MadMatt,

One small question: is terrain other then buildings damaged by heavy arty now? Maybe this is beyond the code's current ability, and if so I understand, but that "Huge Crater" I see near the graveyard could have probably shattered like half the tombstones, thus reducing the cover they afford. This probably is beyind engine limits, but one can always hope...

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Hmm...Winter doodads...Would that be a Snowdad???

Something like this? Cemetary and scattered rocks in snow and light fog..Note damaged building textures in background.

snowdadtn.jpg

Click to enlarge...

Madmatt

Incidentally, in case no one else says it - I really like the artwork on the grave markers. Very well done.

I like how Matt always gives you layered bones. It's like you get a new pic that shows something which is great, and then there are little puzzle bones hidden in the pic. Stuff you have to figure out for yourself. Pretty cool and it's fun, two or three for the price of one sorta speak.

Mord.