Ok this is a new one on me..

Been around for awhile now..

Played the Alpha demo, Omega Demo and everything in between.

RoW..Rockin Rolla Cola wars..you name it.

Played Fionn, Von_Shalburg, Wreck and Swamp..

Made some friends and some not so friendlies.

I have seen a Greyhound kill Wittman.

I have watched a lone HMG win a battle.

I have seen the horror of a Coy trapped in a TRP.

Watched a richochette take out an HT.

BUT I have never seen this..

In CMBB, Siege at KellslinesomethingorotherdamnNazinamesallsoundthesamestien...

Lone Panther takes a shot at a T-34/85..hits the one in front of the target..takes it out..the AP round keeps going and takes out the one I was originally shooting at.

1 shot..2 kills...anyone else see this.

After two and a half yrs this game is still surprising me..kinda makes me wonder what the guys who invented chess musta felt..

I'd REALLY like to see that movie Capt. Was it a PBEM game, I hope?

I was always under the impression that no vehicle in the flight path of a round could block it. The "wrong" vehicle can only be hit if the round is actually calculated to hit right where the "wrong" vehicle happens to be. This I've seen occur when two vehicles are very close together.

I'd sure like to see that movie.

Treeburst155 out.

I think Treeburst is right about the game's calculation of trajectories; they are calculated only if there is a miss. But the wrong vehicle doesn't have to be exactly where the target vehicle is; it just has to be close.

I'm not sure how two vehicles could be knocked out at the same time, though. If a vehicle is knocked out and burns, I wonder if that affects vehicles that might be close to it?

On this topic - there were a couple of reports in CMBO of HTs knocked out when a shell hit a tank, ricocheted away, and hit a nearby HT.

Well it was rum as usual..

Sorry fellas but this was an AI game and I don't have the save game file.

I watch the film several times with the "wrong tank" hi-lighted and no other weapon system had it targeted. From its perspective, it was simply and suddenly knocked out. I do have the file with the two tanks KO'd in line with each other but I lacked the presence of mind to capture the actual incident (actually I didn't know you could do that in CMBB).

Well perhaps this will have to be another Nessy sighting but I do know what I saw and the only cause I could see is an AP round which nailed two tanks.

As I have stated I have seen richochetes do the same but a double penetration was something new.

Michael,

I am trying to get a hold of a college buddy whose wife was killed while flying a Griffon in Labrador last Jul. I am hoping James has his contact info, so if you could pass on the message it would be greatly appreciated.

[ October 13, 2002, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: The_Capt ]

Hrrmm. Are you sure there's not a second shooter that's still unknown due to, say, EFOW? At least for small arms fire, the tracers aren't drawn until somebody figures out where they're coming from, IIRC; might be the same for gun and tank fire. That's just a wild conjecture, however.

Originally posted by zukkov:

in the good, the bad, and the ugly, tuko lined up 3 guys, fired one bullet from his 6-shooter, and killed all 3 with 1 shot.

There is a scene in Schindler's List where the German soldiers have entered the Jewish ghetto and are rounding up people to send them off to the death camps. In the background of one shot, you see a pair of soldiers line up half a dozen or so men. Then one of the soldiers raises his rifle and fires and the whole line goes down. Very economical.

:(

Michael

Originally posted by The_Capt:

I do have the file with the two tanks KO'd in line with each other but I lacked the presence of mind to capture the actual incident (actually I didn't know you could do that in CMBB).

I don't know any way to save the film, but you can always save the orders phase before you hit GO. It won't always reproduce the same actions every time you run it though.

Michael

Originally posted by barrold713:

You should definitely check out the grassy knoll for a second shooter.

Another question is how much rum effects the Death Clock in comparison to other liquors or beer.

BDH

damn, you took the words from my mouth! i guess we'll have to stick with the magic ap round theory since the cap'n won't set up a warren commission. lol...

Oh you guys are a laugh riot.."warren commission..never heard that before...grumble, mumble...."

Anyway, I think I am going to go with the death clock theory, I never did see the first tank get hit so it may have been hit earlier and was waiting to die.

If so, it was perfectly timed. The Panther fired, it went down and then the second target was hit.

I think there was more than one shooter...

The Panther got credit for two kills btw.

Oh you guys are a laugh riot.."warren commission..never heard that before...grumble, mumble...."

Anyway, I think I am going to go with the death clock theory, I never did see the first tank get hit so it may have been hit earlier and was waiting to die.

If so, it was perfectly timed. The Panther fired, it went down and then the second target was hit.

I think there was more than one shooter...

The Panther got credit for two kills btw.

Ok

I like a good mystery too! smile.gif

I agree with Treeburst and the folks you say knokcing out two tanks with one round in CMBB is impossible (At least we all suspect it is impossible based on the way these things work in CMBO)

However, I am at a complete loss to explain:

"The Panther got credit for two kills btw."

but if there was more than one shooter then we don't need to ask the warren commision to re-invent the magic bullet theory. :eek:

-tom w

Well it was rum as usual..

What kind do you drink, is it CM...Captain Morgan's, not Combat Mission!

I wish I can remember who it was, but someone said that their Panther was hit by oblique frontal fire from a TD (in CMBO), the shot bounced off, but got a KO side turret penetration on the adjacent panther...cool.