CMBB Pre-orders Discussion

I spent several years before the CS mast at Amazon.com and found fulfillment achieved without much trouble, most of the time, concerning preorder situations. The reason to order ahead from an instant ship co. (as BTS is) is to be able to keep from forgetting to do so when the product is actually launched...ie. peace of mind. The system at AMZN was set to charge within twenty four hours prior or up to the moment of shipment after release date. Any cc probs caused delays. Of course, keep in mind that Murphy designed this universe...and deadlines serve mainly to let you know how late you are. So I intuitively believe that CMBB will be out in plenty of time to satisfy nearly everyone and allow all to continue vaporizing one another on the cyber battlefield like civilized combatants...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

BUMP!

Well, this thread started sometime last year. Think its a good time to resurrect this topic.

Battlefront.com now handles pre-orders for "Airborne Assault- Red Devils Over Arnhem", why not use the same system for CMBB? I'm sure there are lots of fans willing to place orders now.

Any takers?

What Madmatt didn't mention is the particular method that they are going to use to take preorders and when the release date is expected to be.

It will most likely be released on December 25, 2002. That would easily resolve all of their preorder and shipping problems. Preorders will be taken by two methods: you can send a letter to Santa (or your regional equivalent) at the North Pole well in advance of the release date. You won't receive a confirmation note, though it may be possible that Santa Claus gets online this year and automates the request process. The second preorder method is to go to your local mall and wait in line for eternity with a thousand screaming kids and 3-4 other ostensibly adult fans of CM. You then get to sit on Santa's lap (optional), have your picture taken with him (for $5 or so) and request your copy of CM:BB in person. You're more likely to get confirmation by this ordering method, though it may be a little ambiguous, and you may be told that it depends on whether you're naughty or nice.

Shipping will then not be an issue at all: Santa has for many years been providing overnight delivery from the North Pole to the rest of the world, but only one day a year. BTS will then not have to worry about whether they can get the packers to get things right and get them to the shipping company, since Santa has a large team of elves with some amount of magical power who will take care of burning the CDs, printing manuals, shrink wrapping, gift wrapping, and loading into the reindeer drawn sleigh. Anyone who wants their copy ahead of the rush can just move to an address in the GMT zone, where the 25th will hit first. Their biggest issue is that those who have been naughty will probably receive lumps of coal, rather than CM:BB, and have to be nice the rest of the year and hope Santa brings it next year.

(edited because I'm a spaz and hit the post button rather than the preview button)

[ June 14, 2002, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: chrisl ]

THIS JUST IN!!!!

If you don't have your latest issue of "Rapid, Foaming Gamers Monthly", you should rush out and get it.

Madmatt states that there will be NO CMBB. :eek:

He states:

"In our mission statement we have made it clear that here at BTS we make games that we like to play and well, I really like CMBB as it is right now. IF we don't release this outstanding game I will be free to play all I want and not have to spend time coming up with patches so that some yutz in Anchorage can play CMBB on his Commodore 64.

After the barrage of complaints about what was left out of CMBO I can not even begin to imagine what will be said about not including the Finnish Synchronized UDT or the Glorious 567th Cossack mounted charge which was a glorious victory for Russia with over 5000 cossacks dead and one Lynz dented.

Not to completely ignore our loyal fans we will be releasing an exciting Britney Spears Tour RTS. This first person perspective will have you on your toes as you collect gate reciepts while hiding Britney heroin addiction...truly exciting!" tongue.gif

*Any resemblence to any person, place, animal or vegetable is purely in your mind and you should consider therapy while indulging in vast quantities of adult beverages. :D

I will certainly pre-order when the time comes.

One thing that BTS could do is to charge us and ship the game now -unfinished. We can always download the patches and upgrades off of the web-site in order to finish the game.

Wait a minute! Isn't that exactly what other game companies do?

On another note....

The other day, I was thinking about -what if the end of the world happened before CMBB is released? Then I heard a rumor that God has postponed it until after CMBB is released. (He's not only a nice guy, but he's a fan of CM too.)

smile.gif

[ June 14, 2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

Hehe....the waiting is easy right now. When everyone starts talking about how great CMBB is, and you see dozens of posts like, "I Got It!!!!!!!"; that's when the waiting gets tough. Some will get it in a week, and some will get it in 6 weeks, pre-ordered or not.

Some may say I'm a pessimist; but think of the crunch they're going to have to deal with. Lots of people will pre-order. Somebody has to be on the bottom of the stack. It WILL be you (and me). smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst155 out.

I am still all for CMBB bein shipped out starting with the lowest member number and going up from there. Perhaps in blocks of say....150....yeah I like that ...send to the first 150 member numbers and don't worry about anyone else.

For the record Matt, I'll give you my card number now and you can charge me now and sent it when it's done. I know you'e good for it.

Originally posted by Elvis:

I am still all for CMBB bein shipped out starting with the lowest member number and going up from there. Perhaps in blocks of say....150....yeah I like that ...send to the first 150 member numbers and don't worry about anyone else.

Fine idea, except it should consist of the second 200.

smile.gif

Michael

Low member numbers are the fingerprint of the infamous "Refresh Monkeys". All member numbers less than 2,500 should be put at the end of the list for their crimes.

Priority for processing should go to those who can prove a CMBO pre-order BEFORE the demo came out. IOW, 99% of you should be behind me. The other 1% are surely Refresh Monkeys anyway, so I should be first in line. :D

Treeburst155 out.