CMBO on sale in a bookstore ???

Somewhere in a long-ago thread I thought that I read that BTS was going to use a distributor for its European market. Don't know whether that post was from someone with good knowledge or whether it ever happened.

Yep, CMBO is being distributed in Western Europe by CDV, also using retail channels. A boxed UK and French version should be hitting the stores soon, the German version is available for a few months already in stores over here (and has outsold other games distributed by CDV for a couple of months, among them Sudden Strike). No, nothing like this is planned for the US. Looks like US distributors are sitting on their (insert your favorite body part here). smile.gif

And why did amazon give it an "11" rating?

11+: This means the game or software is unsuitable for anyone younger than 11. It may include one or more of the following: cartoon violence; blood or gore; bad language; derogatory stereotypes; offensive gestures.
I'm still trying to figure out which of these are in the game. We all know there's no Blood or Gore... despite all the noise about it in the early days. :rolleyes: Cartoon Violence is the most likely, although you can bet I'll be spending more time at view level 1 looking for Offensive Gestures. :D

Originally posted by Moon:

No, it's not. The boxed version is PC only :( Mac version available through us only.

Somehow this seems like it is not in keeping with the BTS manifesto and the true spirit of CMBO

in the begining there was ONLY one disk and it had BOTH platforms on it.

now CMBO is availabe in retail outlets in a box on a shelf and it is PC only?

I am not a European customer so this decision does not really affect me personally but I must say I am dissappointed the Loyal Mac following in Europe has been deprived of the opportunity of a retail purchase.

I'm sure there is more behind the scenes to this one than I can imagine, but still it just seems like a real SHAME when the original offering was dual platform as it had the installer for BOTH Macs and PCs on the game disk.....

:confused:

oh well

-tom w

[ March 01, 2002, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Hey tom_w, this was planned initially, but unfortunately a hybrid CD was not possible due to the massive copy protection CDV required. So one of the two platforms had to be dropped - the decision which one wasn't all too difficult smile.gif However, expect some extra Mac support from our end to make up for it - it's in the works right now, like so many other things...

Originally posted by Moon:

Hey tom_w, this was planned initially, but unfortunately a hybrid CD was not possible due to the massive copy protection CDV required. So one of the two platforms had to be dropped - the decision which one wasn't all too difficult smile.gif However, expect some extra Mac support from our end to make up for it - it's in the works right now, like so many other things...

OK smile.gif

Thanks for the update

Like I said it was more of a philisophical/principle issue if you know what i mean as it does not affect me, up here in Canada smile.gif

Thanks for the prompt reply :D

-tom w