Steve, you know you want to tell us!!!!

Come on, I know you're dying to tell us what you have up your sleeves, what is next for BFC?!?!

Is it the Med? Is it with the new engine?

Are you branching out? Dividing resources?

Will we see Cold War? Arab/Israeli war? Napoleonic, Boer, Civil, CRUSADES???

Come on, man! We have no patience, besides, with have criticism for whatever it might be, we need to collect our thoughts!

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

OK, I'll spill the beans...

We hired Username to make:

Bulldozer Mission - Beyond the Latrine Ditch

We expect the AI to be superb :D

Steve

Now THIS is the funniest damned thing I've seen posted in a long time.

-dale

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Come on, I know you're dying to tell us what you have up your sleeves, what is next for BFC?!?!

Is it the Med? Is it with the new engine?

Are you branching out? Dividing resources?

Will we see Cold War? Arab/Israeli war? Napoleonic, Boer, Civil, CRUSADES???

Come on, man! We have no patience, besides, with have criticism for whatever it might be, we need to collect our thoughts!

What's up, PL? You looking for ANOTHER game where you can, on a daily basis, have your butt handed to you on a platter?

:D

Steve

ROTFLMAO!!

Steve! your sense of humour is amongst the very finest on this forum. I know there are some truly talented comedian's on this board and the head honcho is surely one of the funniest!!

smile.gif

Lewis is still reading this board he e-mails me sometime when he wants to post something smile.gif

-tom w

"BTS, each time my troops gorg themselfs on sloppy joes and prunes they start sneaking to the outhouse! Fix it or somefink!"

"BTS, my cowardly Sarget won't eat 5 bowls of 4 alarm chili. Why won't he take it like a man?"

Jeff,

I'll bet Steve really is still too busy

working on the Import Licensing

for the T-34 he recently purchased

You don't even know how close you might have been! I know a guy who brought in two of these and six T-62s recently. Just not good timing for me. I'd need to quit my job just to keep the bloody thing running smile.gif

Seanachai

Good Lord, what are you going to admit to next? Exchanging psychic messages with Eichmann?
hehe... you should see the email I just got from Username himself (thanks Tom!). Seems he wasn't too happy with my post. He can sure dish it out, but man... he can't take it.

Steve

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />OK, I'll spill the beans...

We expect the AI to be superb

Steve

I can't wait to see the mods and doodads for this. :D </font>

Seanachai

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Good Lord, what are you going to admit to next? Exchanging psychic messages with Eichmann?

hehe... you should see the email I just got from Username himself (thanks Tom!). Seems he wasn't too happy with my post. He can sure dish it out, but man... he can't take it.

Steve</font>

Steve

Ditch or trench?

Do we get seats?

Bulldozers are fine but do we get Caterpillars, JCBs and the big truck things with very large wheels?

Dump and scoot command will be good, for the bulldozers, if not the latrines.

Yeknod

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Lewis is still reading this board he e-mails me sometime when he wants to post something smile.gif

-tom w

Good Lord, what are you going to admit to next? Exchanging psychic messages with Eichmann?</font>

Hi,

was just about to post asking when we will be told what the new project is to be, then I saw this thread, anyway... here is what I was about to post

"When are we likely to know what CM3 is to be?

Hi,

The last I heard from BFC, some months ago from Steve in fact, was that they had not yet made their minds up as to what their next project was to be. Steve did give quite a long list of the sort of features the new engine will have, and all very impressive it is too. To give an example, not just individual spotting by units, but also a radio network coded in, so units spot individually, and then can spread the word by radio, all very cunning. Add the above to a tweaked version of Extreme Fog of War and no more Borg spotting. Anyway….

The next big moment for CM fans is when BFC let us know what they have decided to go for as their first subject for the new engine. My question is, when are we likely to be told the exciting news? Some time soon, or not for many months?

The guys at BFC will have been considering a lot of possibilities; I know they have been doing some early testing of some coding and possible features. Are they close to having made their minds up, and letting us know the news?

Just a friendly question, I am really far too old for this sort of thing smile.gif , but I find CM games just as exciting as I did wargames when I was half my age! It’s sad, but I not matured at all in last twenty years :D !

All the best,

Kip.

PS. Before someone posts to say it is slotted to be the Med, Steve said they were having a rethink, may still be the Med, but they were considering all options, of which the Med was one.

PPS. The good news is that once the new engine is up and running, Steve reported it was hoped there would be a far faster follow through of new games, someone at BFC suggested it may be down to every six months. We can but dream :D ."

With luck this will provoke a answer from Steve. I quoted him a lot above!

All good fun,

all the best,

Kip.