What's with "BFC"???

Technically we (Dan, Steve, Martin, Matt, Charles) are all the staff of Battlefront.com (BFC), the publisher of all the products you see listed and for sale and the owner of this website.

Big Time Software (BTS) is the company Charles is the head of and is only the game developer for Combat Mission, but nothing else. So when people refer to BTS as this all encompassing company, they are incorrect.

It is better to just refer to us "Battlefront" because that is who we are and we are trying to get away from there being a distinction between BFC and BTS.

Madmatt

[ June 27, 2002, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Big Time Software (BTS) is...the game developer for Combat Mission...

And therefore, when speaking of CM and CM only, which is what most of the posts on this particular board are concerned with, it seems to me that continued usage of 'BTS' is most proper. When referring to the other games that BFC published, then use of 'BFC' or reference to the specific developer in each case (i.e., Major Holdridge, Panther Games, or Fury Software) would be the only proper usage. I hope this is clear enough.

[Of course, it won't prevent misuse by the rough mob of semi-educated louts that populate these premises, but one does try.]

;)

Michael

[ June 28, 2002, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Technically we (Dan, Steve, Martin, Matt, Charles) are all the staff of Battlefront.com (BFC), the publisher of all the products you see listed and for sale and the owner of this website.

Big Time Software (BTS) is the company Charles is the head of and is only the game developer for Combat Mission, but nothing else. So when people refer to BTS as this all encompassing company, they are incorrect.

It is better to just refer to us "Battlefront" because that is who we are and we are trying to get away from there being a distinction between BFC and BTS.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Moon:

When you refer to BTS (Big Time Software), you refer to Charles. When you say BFC (Battlefront.com), you refer to Charles, Steve, Matt, Dan and me. Simple. smile.gif

Ah-Ha! Schism! Schism! See, it happens to everybody! It's only a matter of time before Meeks shows up here!

Notice how they make a point of citing Charles in BFC when it's clear he's been locked up for months until he acknowledges his 'errors' and recants his committment to 'Satan and All His Little Wizards'!

The real reason that CMBB isn't ready for release!

Perhaps if we begin a letter writing campaign politely requesting that BFC release him, and remind them that 'the whole world is watching'.

[ June 28, 2002, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Madmatt

Such modesty!

DjB

[ June 28, 2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Doug Beman ]

You guys think its confussing? Try working here! (sit down, it wasn't an offer!)

I work for Battlefront.com which is the Publisher but I am on the design team for Combat Mission which is the game series being developed by Big Time Software, but I also do work on all of our other products...

Hmmmm..so techincally I should be getting TWO SALERIES! Hey, Steve, Where is my second check?!?

Madmatt

Yeah... yeah... Yeah... whatever, BFC, BTS, BSTFC-- whatever you wanna call yourselves, and lump yourselves into or out of or whatever. We just know you as our pimps-- and you've been getting mighty tight with the juice lately and we are having a hard time with the freakin wit..hdrA...W...AL....

WHEN'S THE GAME GONNA BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!!!

BONES, FACTORIES, VEHICLES, AARS, PREORDERS, DOODADS, MODS!!!!

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

[slumping in corner, drooling]aerchgashsspttf![/slumping in corner, drooling]

[ June 28, 2002, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: -Havermeyer- ]

Ah, human nature. Aint it sweet? It cannot be controlled! This aint a prison or the military, so there isn't any reason to pretend that it is. People are curious. Can anyone really blame them?

If BTS/BFC knows that CMBB aint gonna be released before the end of (any month), it should say so while at the same time saying it isn't a release date.

If that time gets close and a release date still isn't possible to be announced, then extend it. Tell us when it aint gonna be released and everyone will be able to calm down and get back to life as we normally know it to be. Eventually BTS/BFC will know when it will be released and I'm sure they will say it guys.

Secondly this notification of non-release should be immediately locked and kept at the top of the discussion list so everyone can be informed.

Why should we be informed? We pay for their rent and house payments. We pay for their groceries and all the goodies in life that they deserve to enjoy. That's why.

In my opinion, Madmatt can lock up any thread he likes. I think that this sort of thing is only going to get worse and some sort of pressure release (no pun intended) is necessary for things to get back to normal.

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

[QB]

If BTS/BFC knows that CMBB aint gonna be released before the end of (any month), it should say so while at the same time saying it isn't a release date.

Until BF, BFC or BTS come out and say it isn't so, I am resigned at having to wait until the 27th September for the release of cmbb :(