VOTE: The CM Grog award.

LGMB

What on earth does "best" mean? There are a wide variety of knowledgeable posters, all with their various quiffs and areas of expertise, and yes, even the buttons to push to make them mad if you know how.

Attempting to elevate one person over the others is plain stupid.

And you don't have to be a grog to enjoy CM or enjoy talking to others about it. For some, its just an added bonus.

(Thanks, by the way, Jarhead - I must admit, your comment about "They were hungry" in response to my A and W drive in gag during our TCP/IP game did have me in stitches...)

[ February 24, 2002, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Gyrene:

I vote for Mike DeRoach. He even cracks a joke now and then. No, really!

Gyrene

I can't beleive you legitimised another dopey LGMB idea by giving it even a semi-serious answer.

I too was thinking of suggesting that a "Lord General MB Memorial" award be given. But it had nothing to do with grogs.

Originally posted by Simon Fox:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gyrene:

Gyrene

I can't beleive you legitimised another dopey LGMB idea by giving it even a semi-serious answer.

I too was thinking of suggesting that a "Lord General MB Memorial" award be given. But it had nothing to do with grogs.</font>

Oh, yes, I'm absolutely seething.

You're just grumbling because you would never win. It's your own fault, really, you're far too non-descript. The key to true Groginess (and I mean capital-G Grogginess, mind, not the regular kind) is to blather on about everything under the sun in a Cliff Claven kind of a way whether or not you know anything about it, but being sure to make reference to the fact that you read a book about it once and here's the author's name as proof and gee look at me with these run on sentences with my brilliance flapping in the breeze.

So basically, get with it Fox, or you will never attain the heights of a JasonC or a Michael Dorosh or even a Gyrene.

So in other words, instead of just leaking a bit of my knowledge at a time in certain posts, just to show off a little and retain some semblance, I just start blabbering about everything I know every time the opportunity comes up..and thats how you become a grog?

Oh, okay, all I have to do is just be loudmouthed..and if I only knew it was this easy before...

Originally posted by Fieldmarshall:

So in other words, instead of just leaking a bit of my knowledge at a time in certain posts, just to show off a little and retain some semblance, I just start blabbering about everything I know every time the opportunity comes up..and thats how you become a grog?

Oh, okay, all I have to do is just be loudmouthed..and if I only knew it was this easy before...

You also need an ability to fabricate believable information. See Captain Wacky's post in the Russian Elite thread...

Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldiers,

Who do you think is the best CM Grog amongst us?

Bloody hell, now there's a concept. Grog Dorosh has the right of it, on what basis do you choose?

Now, I don't follow all the Grog threads as I should, but I've followed my share, and many with never a post, because I'd nothing to contribute, but was there simply as a student, an auditor, as it were, looking to pick up knowledge and insight into matters arcane.

Now, then, I shall just have to vote my inclinations, but, besides being long-winded, my inclinations are to categorization and 'Choosing the Right Grog for the Right Job' (many don't realize that this is a menu item you can enable on the Forum if you know what key combinations to utilize). So in the spirit of the Academy Awards of Grogdom, or the 'Bonaparte' Awards, as they're known colloquially (with a little statue of the Corporal, hand tucked inside his coat), I propose 'categories'.

My vote for 'Best Grog Who Never, Ever, Loses His Sodding Focus, Ignores All Responses Not Directly Relating To the Point He's Raised, and Is Most Likely a Grog Collective' is Rexford (Mind you, the man's posts {if he is an actual individual} make me think of the Borg, and lead me to the conclusion that 'Argument is Futile')

My vote for 'Best Overall, Well Rounded Grog, Who's Still Sodding Annoying, But a Bit of All Right, and Amuses and Knows How to Have Some Fun With the Forum' is Grog Dorosh (annoying Canadian pillock, but the gods command us to love the Canadians as our brothers, and at least he seems to understand the concept of the Peng Challenge Thread, and, as has already been pointed out, can crack a joke.)

In the category of 'Most Insufferable and Snide Grog Who Still Has Some Redeeming Moments, All of Which Currently Escape Me, But I'm Almost Sure There Was This Time When Instead of Pissing On Some Idjit, He Was Actually Helpful and Positive' I would vote for Slapdragon.

Iron Chef Sakai is quite wrong for proposing Stuka. Stuka is a Cesspooler, bred and born, and so cannot be tasked with being a Grog, however knowledgeable.

My vote for 'Low Key But Ever Present, Scary, Commonwealth Grog Given Over to Horrible Aussie Tendencies' would be Simon Fox. He's not like one of those high octane Grogs who post fecking tables and charts and use numbers in a way that would make all right thinking folk wonder if they'd gone to the bathroom enough that day, but he's always there to post a sardonic, and often brutally dismissive post, just when you need it.

For 'Best Grog in the Capacity of Finnish-ness, Which Is To Say, The Ability to Ignore All Limitations of Being Merely Human And Accomplish Those Acts of Heroism Possible Only to UberNations' I would have to go with tss (bolded out of actual respect). Unlike many 'UberFinn Wannabes', he consistently supplies good information, a reasoned and balanced approach, and a refreshing sense of humour in support of the nation that he is quite justifiably proud of.

I'm sure that if this thread isn't locked down by the time I get done catching up on the Peng Challenge Thread, I will come up with more Grog Awards. Talk amongst yourselves until then.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Simon Fox:

Oh, yes, I'm absolutely seething.

You're just grumbling because you would never win. It's your own fault, really, you're far too non-descript. The key to true Groginess (and I mean capital-G Grogginess, mind, not the regular kind) is to blather on about everything under the sun in a Cliff Claven kind of a way whether or not you know anything about it, but being sure to make reference to the fact that you read a book about it once and here's the author's name as proof and gee look at me with these run on sentences with my brilliance flapping in the breeze.

So basically, get with it Fox, or you will never attain the heights of a JasonC or a Michael Dorosh or even a Gyrene.</font>

What on earth does "best" mean? There are a wide variety of knowledgeable posters, all with their various quiffs and areas of expertise, and yes, even the buttons to push to make them mad if you know how.

Attempting to elevate one person over the others is plain stupid.

And you don't have to be a grog to enjoy CM or enjoy talking to others about it. For some, its just an added bonus.

(Thanks, by the way, Jarhead - I must admit, your comment about "They were hungry" in response to my A and W drive in gag during our TCP/IP game did have me in stitches...)

Aw, thats nothin. I once made Soddball shoot beer out 'is nose I did. Ask 'im about it sometime smile.gif

Gyrene

I too was thinking of suggesting that a "Lord General MB Memorial" award be given. But it had nothing to do with grogs.</font>

Originally posted by Bastables:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Simon Fox:

Gyrene

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by arax3:

Guys, guys!! The one and only chief grog is: Jim Dunnigan. The rest of you are minor leagers.

Truer words have never been spoken. But the guy has 50 years of wargaming experience under his belt...</font>

Soldiers,

You seem to forget the most important point: The Grog Who Makes You Vomit In Annoyed Rage, And Gives One The Urge To End There Live. To this overly lenghtned award; I would nomiate David Atken. He seems to have this amazing skill of causing ones brains to turn to mush- at least by page 10. ;)

Originally posted by -Havermeyer-:

And Weighing in with Posts of 350 lbs, JasonC!!!

YES

JasonC

The winner and Still Champion Based on words written and posts to this board.

I have no real stats

but who has more posts than that gentleman?

JasonC for Grog of the Year! MVG ( Most valuable GROG)

-tom w