VOTE: The CM Grog award.

LGMB

Winner of most knowledgable grog category:

[x] Rexford - grog among grogs. Hell, he even wrote a book about armor penetration. :eek:

runner up -

[x] LOS - been quiet recently, but he deserves a vote too.

[x] Michael Dorosh - well, I suppose he wrote a book too. That makes him a runner up at a minimum. smile.gif

Winner of visual aides category:

[x] Jeff Duquette - always good with a diagram.

Winner of most long winded category:

[x] Jason C - his posts are so long I seldom make it entirely through one.

Jason C. is the hands down winner to me. I enjoy reading his stuff. Is he a history professor or something? I must confess sometimes I skip down a few hundred lines or so in some of his posts though. I believe he could write an entire book on how motorcycle units were the major force behind the German Army if he was tasked with it.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by -Havermeyer-:

And Weighing in with Posts of 350 lbs, JasonC!!!

YES

JasonC

The winner and Still Champion Based on words written and posts to this board.

I have no real stats

but who has more posts than that gentleman?

JasonC for Grog of the Year! MVG ( Most valuable GROG)

-tom w</font>

Point of order ASL Vet - I have two books published and several more written and only in manuscript form. Remember that Schoold House Rock cartoon - "I'm Only A Bill"? Kinda reminds me of that.

I still say it's silly to single anyone out; sometimes someone non-groggy you least expect to will come along and throw out a mind-blowing bit of data or factoid and considerably alter the face of a discussion - and people's perceptions of what they thought might be true.

I think critical thinking is far more important than the ability to recite facts out of books or off a website; one of the major problems we saw with Major HooHoo, come to think of it.

So if were are going to seriously compare grogs (and leave me out of it, please), how about doing so in a groggy-manner - with citations of sources and analysis?

I stack Germanboy up quite well, along with JonS and the rest of the Commonwealth Mafia on this board. The Finnish Ubermafia scores highly too, but no one can read their sources, so there is no way to dispute them!

But honestly - let's see some 5000 word posts with proofs, footnotes, and detailed reasoning "why". It's the groggy thing to do.