Challenges...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jdmorse,

Aka Bastard Lawyer. Any chance of you tapping one of your underworld contacts (don't pretend you don't still keep in contact with Berli ;) ) and ordering us up a courtoom map or something similarly fitting?

I don't know the layout of courtrooms ( well, I won't admit that I do anyways ;) ) so you'd have to describe it to them but it might make for a more "exotic" game ;)

Terence,

I'm sure God will understand. After all he's over his whole "I'll flood the Earth if they piss me off" stage. Still, as a hedge, I'd get in as much carnal pleasure as I could while on Earth. Eternal torment's a bitch!

TankLord,

A merciless, rip your throat out with my teeth game it is ;) . I'll see if I can defeat your attack in less than 3 turns ( my current best). Enjoy ;)

Eben,

I understand fully. I also thank you for being so sporting when I had to drop out of our game due to my own RL committments. Whenever you are free and want a game just let me know and I'll play you immediately. You really were very honourable and I'll remember that.

Elvis,

Smileys man. SMILEYS!!!

P.s. Tosser.

[ June 06, 2002, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Fionn ]

Fiona, if that, in fact, is your real name:

11. My distaste for smilies is in no way mysterious and is actually quite well documented.

~onyx. You are a rule-happy, thin-skinned, smiley-loving (illegal in ALL 50 States in the USA - who knows what sort of emotifornication goes on where you live!?), sissy-boy, girly-man, hyphenated THING.

bar sinister. The only good thing about you is that this challenge thread might finally kill (please oh please oh please!!!) the Peng Challenge thread once and for all.

42. Being Peng, I should go to the head of the arse whuppin line. Short 75s (Does that include StuG IIIs? - I love them {illegal in all 50 states except for Lakawana County in good ol Pennsyltucky!}) 2000 basis points blah blah blah, show me how to die quickly and with ruthless efficiency

11a. NO NUMBERING TURNS.

Peng

P.S. Die a lot now.

Originally posted by Moriarty:

once on defense, once on attack. I suck at both.

Moriarty,

I must protest this post. How dare you bring your losing up in a general forum thread. I know you are trying your best to lose our current game. But I refuse to let you! I have proven on many occasions that I am the one that sucks at CM. NOT you. While you may whine and boast about your lack of tactical knowledge. I have gone further. I have actualy taken the time to prove it!

Example:

Lorak: Fionn, Could I bother you for a game of CM? I would prefer a learning game.

Fionn: Learning experience? You know how hard it is to write AAR's while laughing like that?

Lorak: Ah, yes quite so. I of course am an idiot and am about as bright as a box of rocks. So I'll just open CM, close CM and chalk up a loss.

Fionn: There, see, Your learning already.

HA! beat that Moriarty!!

Lorak

[ June 06, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Lorak ]

Oh and a little joke:

One day Lorak and Moriarty are out hunting in the National Forest when Moriarty falls to the ground. He doesn't appear to be breathing, so Lorak whips out his cellphone and calls 911.

He says to the operator, "I think my friend is dead! Ya gotta tell me what to do!"

In a calm, soothing voice the operator says, " Just take it easy. First, let's make sure your friend is in fact dead."

There was a short pause, then a gunshot. Lorak gets back on the phone and says.....

"OK, now what?"

Hiram,

Nice try but no joy. I INSIST on playing you .

After all you're a Pooler. It is my DUTY to cull you so that you don't suddenly all spill into the Outerboards ;) .

Seriously, drop me a line and let me know how things are going ok? You have my email address and should always feel free to email me man.

Fionn

A 2000 point defender limit is fine. I would prefer to keep it on the minimum level as I've got work that get's in the way. I can do one turn per day. Will give you my password at the end of the battle. When it's my turn for a match let me know about the weather, night or day, conditions you prefer and who is to be on attack and defense.

All best

Patrick

THATS peng? wow i was expecting a far more grandiose piece of slime, all we have here is the crud which falls off a SSN when he's left in the sun too long. smile.gif

and as for fionn, putting me at 23rd just shows how afraid you are ;) , bring your little girly man CM skills to me, i shall complete your training young jedi.

Woot! I'm number 15! (Dances a jig) Read it and weep all you wanna be players below 15!

Ahem... having danced and such I would love to play you again Fionn. I am sure I will crush you this time just as badly as I did last time. It is going to take me a while to free up enough time to devote to a lengthy pbem game so if you want to play one of these lowly > 15 players go ahead.

smile.gif

rv

Originally posted by Fionn:

TankLord,

A merciless, rip your throat out with my teeth game it is ;) . I'll see if I can defeat your attack in less than 3 turns ( my current best). Enjoy ;)

Excellent! smile.gif

And you are looking on the wrong page in your book my friend, your are gonna need the one labeled "my current worst". ;)

1. Charl Theron

2. Titan.

3. Eben Bratcher.

4. Harv (Confirmed)

5. Kingfish.

6. Hiram

7. Mr Spkr

8. Elvis. ( Confirmed with extra turn numbering ;)

9. Pondscum (Confirmed)

10. Cyberfox

11. von Shrad

12. Juju

13. Joe Private.

14. Marlow.

15. Richard Valle

16. Terence Nelan

17. Wolfcub

18. Patrick Lucero

19. KiwiJoe

20. Terence McLaughlin (Confirmed)

21. John Morse

22. Patgod (Confirmed)

23 Colonel_Deadmarsh ( Confirmed)

I'm honoured to be No. 1 on your scalp list Fionn, but my schedule (wine, soccer officiating, as well as out of office this week-end as I'm fetching my 2 daughters from my parents in the Karoo - 550km away) is hectic!

However, I'm not spurning your offer completely, and will let you know when I'm ready to do battle!

Regards,

WineCape

And here all along I was under the impression you were avoiding a fight! ;) Battle confirmed, the larger the better. I think by the time you get down your list CM:BB will be out so we can arrange parameters when the time comes, I think I still have your email somewhere, if not, mine is still active. Rematches always accepted, so yes a play-to-win attitude will be required on your part ;)

12. Juju ( Did you want a rematch. Your email detailing ur new insights as of 23-3-01 was unclear re: this).

Hey Fionn. Just noticed this thread (bit late, been taking a break for a while), and yeah, I'd like a re-match. Purely for fun, let's not involve ladders and stuff. Oh yeah, and learning new stuff, of course. I'll play anything you want. I would like to defend this time, as I attacked last time (and lost). I think I'm better at defending too.

Besides, it would be interesting to see you tackle a defender who does not use army doctrines, but just does what seems 'right.'

Let me know.

Oh, and by the way, good to have you back. smile.gif

Best,

Juju

[/QB]

Fionn,

I was struggling to be altruistic insofar as so many want to suckle on the teat of the “Uber Grog” and glean a bit of wisdom. I didn’t want to be one of the thousands. But, you saw through me and recognized that my childhood dream was to play you in a PBEM. Other children wanted to be doctors, lawyers, and gigolos. My only aspiration in this joke of a life was to display my paltry skill in this game for a moment and perhaps earn a hearty “you suck, Hiram” from the one and only “Fionn”. Lord knows, I hear it quite often from my current opponents. There doesn’t need to be a summation of my tactical ineptitude or even pointers on aggressively defending. You need only say “you suck, Hiram” and I’ll understand and be grateful that you glanced my way as I trumpeted with a bottom burp that is the embodiment of my verbosity.

I confess that I was surprised you insisted on playing me seeing that I am nothing more than a freckle on the left butt cheek of humanity. You may have to type slowly when sending me text that accompany turns though because I am bit dimwitted in the CM field and may get lost easily. I’ll try not to go into synaptic overload by playing a 2000 pt QB/scenario. My computer can handle it. That much I am sure of. Whether or not you can beat me in 3 turns or less has yet to be seen. I’ll email you later on the particulars that will be replete with simpering and whining.

Dear Fionn,

3 turns to win a CM game is pretty strong but I once won a game 100-0. NOt only did I win 100-0 to this poor lame unnamed bastard but it was even some trick clown game or gamey use of anything. It was just a straight up normal type purchase attack. I was agressive and certainly was not playing the game with the intent of winning 100-0. It just turned out that way.

Love,

Elvis

Elvis,

Of course I don't have a problem with sending you un-numbered files ( I'll save them on my computer in numbered format for record-keeping purposes... Recently I counted and figured out I had over 2 GB of PBEM movies saved. YIKES!!! ).

*extends hand*

No. I forbid this.

Fionn, you must not give into the sad, sick demands of this delusional half-wit.

Number every file. Elvis must, somehow, rejoin the human race. Even though he's not actually suited to be a member. If we cannot somehow reach and reclaim him, he stands a good chance of raising his child to be every bit as half-witted and emotionally disturbed as he is.

Fionn, as a member of the medical profession you must realize that 'humouring' Elvis on this matter is tantamount to condoning his dementia.

Originally posted by Priest:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Lars said:

I'm with Dorosh on this one. There has been too much Fionn (Fionn who?) posts lately on the CM forum.

Larsen

My challenge to you is to refrain from using the messageboard for long winded, self important posts like this one, and to conduct your PBEM life via email, or at the very least in the opponents section, where it belongs.

Are you up to the challenge?

Hmmm what is the point again? For a forum that fully supports (or is ashamed of I never quite know the answer :D ) an ongoing thread (beast?) that challenges a man named PENG you sure seem negative guys.

Fionn when I clear my schedule I would love a game but it is some time off and anyway I want your schedule to be clear for the...uhm...other proposed "venture" eh?</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

And Grog Dorosh is nominally one of ours.

As if I haven't invited enough abuse on my head in this thread, do I really need to be insulted like this too?

We're working with him,

I wouldn't mind so much if the G-D sheep suit didn't chafe so much.

but I'm sure that there are those who are still leery.
Not that I usually let you speak for me, but whatever.

But I believe he will eventually take his place among us.
And again with the insults.... :rolleyes:

I will give you this Seanachai - you are well and truly a despised and despicable man, and for that very reason, you will never have your name in 23 subject headings simultaneously; apparently that is only the lot of the misunderstood. Your problem is that you don't know a thing about self promotion, but of course, you never went to the Dublin Drive-In Medical Academy either.

Don't any of the lackwits here realize a Challenge Thread is not about sweetness and goodness????????

Must be the newbie page, let me know when the regulars start posting here, there might be something worth reading.