The RealColor MOD is fantastic!!!

Just installed it and was blown away! :eek:

The demo pictures look nice, but within the game it looks incedible.

Superb, Gunslinger. Thanks a lot for this huge labour.

But the problem is, that all the other MODs don't fit and i don't like them anymore, since i played the game with "real colors".

yeah, thanks for all the work in that mod, it looks great, but i do have one question.

i always thought it was spelt adolF Hitler, but the main screen says adolPH Hitler ?

i know im a thankless whining git, but typos really bug me, and its driving me nuts everytime i see it, not knowing if its spelt correctly or not.

guess ive now murrayed myself into typo hell !

Originally posted by Schoerner:

But the problem is, that all the other MODs don't fit and i don't like them anymore, since i played the game with "real colors".

I was thinking last night, that it would be great if mod makers would inform in the readme file or somewhere else, that does their mod fit with real color mod?

I like real color mod also, but many of the other mods don't fit. Actually I have only sound mods installed now and real color of course.

If I only would have time, I could convert mods into real color, but of course I would need permission to do that.

Maybe after fourty years when I'm retired...

Originally posted by P5:

I could convert mods into real color, but of course I would need permission to do that.

If you mod a mod for your own use theres no need for permission as long as its for personal use and not for release outside your own PC. If you did intended to make those modded mods available to others then yes seeking permission is the polite thing to do.

PS I have started the long task of DL this over 56k :rolleyes:

[ November 14, 2002, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Pud ]

Originally posted by Lt. Kije:

Is this fabled RealColor mod Macintosh-compatible?

I'm just askin'

-- Lt. Kije

it would be if you could get past the .exe that he packed it with

there is some winace .exe thingy that is a compression method that the mac users have not got past yet

I have the mod downloaded on a MAC and plan to move the file to a PC run the .exe to extract it then put it back on a mac

its the .exe excuteable in the compression that is not mac compatible thats all

smile.gif

-tom w

Has anyone been using the Realcolormod together with (for example) MrNoobies T34 mods. Do they look out of place in the realcolor environment?
i think it will be out of place, the real color mod is a desaturated look and it looks like the series "Band of Brothers" i have yet to install the real color mod because i have samiv, guatrek, including mine and a couple of others and theyre not desaturated, though i would love to see this im just lazy to desaturate every mod i d/l

aka_tom_w volunteered as follows:

I have the mod downloaded on a MAC and plan to move the file to a PC run the .exe to extract it then put it back on a mac

Thanks a million, aka_tom_w! Where can we Mac users download your 'conversion' from? Can't wait!

-- Lt. Kije

;)

I'm also in the "downloaded it but not ready to install it" camp. I just don't want to give up Ed Kinney's trees, and I read they look goofy with the real color mod.

I'm sure I'll install it as soon as I get the courage. Sound like it looks great. Maybe if it's really popular, we can just convince the modders to do all future stuff desaturated!