Nordic Wannabee Tourney - finals

Hi guys!

I've been out of town for the last 30 hours or so. I'm catching up now.

Sgt Gold,

I show three games not yet completed by you. You mentioned one remaining above. Can you send me the scores for the other two?

Lopaka,

Your AARs are fine. That's what I'm looking for.

Treeburst155 out.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump.

and

Treeburst, will you please warn us about the AAR deadline, after the last game is finished?

The work and off-work activities are pressing too hard on me now, so i can't get my hands on remaining AARs...

Thanks.

Treeburst, do somefink !

We're being held up by three people and nobody knows whether they're even still playing. For all we know they might have thrown in the towel while we're all standing around on our heads waiting for our socks to fall off !

Treeburst, I think you badly need to set a deadline now, so that if needed games can be pulled from players - rest of turns finished in a "compatible" manner by someone else if everything else fails. But you can't pull the game without a fair timeframe of warning.

[ April 12, 2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Redwolf,

The only big problem I see with your plan is getting the players to actually send us the game files we need to play out the games. We're already having trouble getting them to send files. smile.gif

Perhaps I can coax them into finishing. I managed to do that once before with the original WineCape tourney last year.

Treeburst155 out.

Yes, I think we may have a serious problem here.

Without ALL players completing their games the scoring system just doesn't work. Maybe we should just call the thing off. At least you all got to play some new scenarios completely blind. Perhaps I can come up with some sort of half way fair way to score the games that have been played, but somebody is likely to get a raw deal.

I'm discouraged at this point, and also far too busy to devote lots of time to this problem. Real Life should go back to its normal slow pace for me starting tomorrow. I'll give the scoring some serious thought then.

It's clear we need to end this thing so the official deadline for AARs and game results is April 16, 2200 hrs (GMT -6)

I can just about guarantee this problem of MIAs will not plague any future tourneys. I have a long list of reliables now. Those of you who finished your games are on that list, and Uber General too. Thanks, guys!

Treeburst155 out.

Well, there go the socks.

I propose a badge for those that made it into the Round That Never Was, to be included in sigs and to be revered by all persons as a token of tactical ability, tacit perseverance and patience bordering on the saintly.

For Treeburst I propose three cheers, a lie-down and a wet towel.

Section 4 - DIIIIIS- MISSED !

OK, as things are accelerating downhill, some things:

Treeburst, you are a hero. Don't let people discourage you. I think

requiring a telephone number from people not already known to be good

will avoid much of these mishap in compaigns or tournaments.

Then, I'm a member of the group this stuck games are in. I firmly

believe we can get a useful end of SGT gold, his answering was

spotless when we played, and he posted here lately.

I we get useful results[*] out of Sir Uber General's and SGT gold's

games, then the only open slot is fytinghellfish vs Cooper. I think

we scoring system may stand it when one game is set to the average of

the other pairs, if you put real Nordics and Wannabees together.

I wonder whether the Uber General vs SGT Gold game is still on. What's

the current status of open games.

[*] I can imagine several ways to get useful results out of a game

which is 2/3 or more done and can be judged over by the comments on

one opponent, the other players who played the scenarios, the AARs and

finally the scenario designer or a neutral party setting one victory

level. Should I propose a system with details?

My apologies to Sgt. Gold. I got confused. It seems to be fytinghellfish and Cooper that are holding things up the most.

I understand what you're saying Redwolf. Perhaps it is possible. The first problem is to get the game files from Uber General and Sgt. Gold. What we do with them after that is step two. We also need a status report on the Uber General/Sgt. Gold game. Uber General, Sgt. Gold, are you listening? smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst: another thing we might do for these games is to convene a panel of judges, cease-fire the game then let the judges assign scores based on what the score is, where the forces are, how much time is left, etc.