Nordic Wannabee Tourney - finals

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have two game results for Kriegstadt. That one is finished. I will post the scores within the hour. Three of the six games have been completed. We're half done with the finals.

EDIT: OK, here are the Kreigstadt results. The Allied player is ALWAYS on the left.

(Edited out the scores}

As a result of this scenario the tourney standings are:

Wreck......1 point

White4.....1 point

Redwolf.....0

ciks....... 0

Keep in mind Wreck and White4 did not get the point for winning. They got the point for achieving the highest score from the side they played. Congratulations, Wreck and White4!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ June 27, 2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Very interesting guys, BUT the Nordic Championship guys have not finished that scenario. In fact, they've probably barely begun since they are all enjoying the sun. smile.gif

I would appreciate it if you would edit out your AARs. I will have to edit the scores too. I forgot all about the Nordic Champs gaining intel. We will have to do all this via email from here on out. I'm editting my post now.

Treeburst155 out.

Finished "Fluid" with Wreck. It occurs to me he made fewer mistakes than me :cool:

"Twin valleys" with ciks processes, we even started shooting at each other. But he's on vaction now.

[ July 02, 2002, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

• 3 weeks later...

I guess both games are mine. One with redwolf: going at a constant on-file-per-day rate, we're at turn 23 or 24 of 40.

Another is against White4, he shot all my armour, now i'm killing his infantry. He's not happy. I'm having some fun thou ;) (this game is at 29 of 40)

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen!

A message from Treeburst:

Kriegstadt

Wreck* 69, ciks 31

Redwolf 32, White4* 68

Fluid

ciks* 65, White4 35

Redwolf 29, Wreck* 71

Twin Valleys

Wreck* 72, White4 28

ciks, 25, Redwolf* 75

The FINAL Score: Wreck 3, White4 1, Ciks 1, Redwolf 1

Congratulations, Wreck!

You are the Nordic Wannabee Champion!

Thank you, Nabla, for "Fluid" and "Twin Valleys".

Congrats, Wreck!

ciks was very unlucky to play my only game this summer where I had good luck and didn't do braindamaged stuff on my own behalf. Plus I find the scenario (Twin Valleys) to be reasonably easy for the defender. That makes me wonder about Wrecks's performance even more, who got almost as many points on the attack as me as the defender.

Thank you all for the games! I enjoyed playing each of the final scenarios, though particularly Twin Valleys. It seemed to have the most... but... perhaps I should not talk about this.

What is the status of the Nordic guys?

Originally posted by Wreck:

What is the status of the Nordic guys?

They have dropouts from which they probably won't be able to recover :(

Cogust disappeared, also a RoW II problem, another player, I think Matthias, is extremly overloaded with this supposely "real-world" stuff (what's that, it's that related to The Big Blue Room?).

[ August 10, 2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

I have to admit I enjoyed all of the games, and ironically I enjoyed twin valleys (auto surrender) and fluid (auto surrender)the most. :confused:

I certainly hope I caused as many nerve wracked moments to you guys as you have to me!

And if you guys ever want a pbem/tcp, just drop me a line.

Hello gentlemen!

Just came back from my holiday, and I'm glad to see that you've enjoyed the finals. You are hereby promoted to "Nordic Lookalikes".

EDIT: As soon as some of the "Real" Nordics (yeah, right) get their act together, I'd be really ecstatic if someone would be willing to post a mini-AAR. Better yet, if you just can't control yourself, you can write one now and email it to the participants, Treeburst155 and me right now.

Please? smile.gif

[ August 12, 2002, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Nabla ]