Nordic Wannabee Tourney - finals

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump from page 3! Any way of finding out when we will know who made it to round 2? BTW, fun reading with the AARs. Its interesting to see the different strategies, initial perceptions, and even the similiarities between the players moves.

Yeah, the AAR's can be quite interesting. Some of you have requested AARs. I will be working on this tourney in about twelve hours, updating results, processing AARs, etc.. After I finish that I will send the AARs to you.

I will also post a progress update, games remaining, etc..

Treeburst155 out.

We only have six games left to be completed. Unfortunately they are spread out among all the scenarios so you still can't discuss the scenarios.

If you have finished all of your games I will send you the results spreadsheet containing the raw CM scores if you request it by email. It is in Microsoft Works '97 (.wks) format. Evidently most people cannot open this type of file. I have a text version too, but it's not real pretty.

Email me and specify which version you want (or both)IF you have finished all your games.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Unfortunately they are spread out among all the scenarios so you still can't discuss the scenarios.

Don't forget the other tourney - they have to be done with a scenario as well before we can start the discussion here. smile.gif

Glad to hear that things are proceeding nicely. What's the estimated end of the first round now?

Good Morning, Nabla!

It's hard to estimate when we will be done. I have no idea how far along the remaining games are, or how many files per week are being exchanged. Not all participants post regularly with updates.

The Nordic Championships is behind this tourney in progress, but not by too much.

BTW, don't forget we need to discuss the scoring program parameters at some point. I believe I sent you my proposal.

To All,

You probably won't be able to discuss the scenarios on the forum even when everyone is finished. The Nordic Championship is using the same scenarios and they are behind you, so let's not spill the beans.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Good Morning, Nabla!

Good morning.

BTW, don't forget we need to discuss the scoring program parameters at some point. I believe I sent you my proposal.

I haven't actually forgotten it, but it is a good thing that you reminded me. We have to decide it upfront, before the tourney(s) end.

I will study your proposal today and send you my response via email.

Hehe....that's about right, Jack Trap. These tourneys are highly dependent on everybody finishing their games. We just have to wait it out. Nabla is working on the scenarios for the finals anyway. He's creating two, and I'm supplying the third.

BTW, the final details of the scoring system have been worked out. It is an improvement over the method we are using for the Wild Bill tournament. It's the same basic concept, just tweaked here and there.

Treeburst155 out.

Below is a list of all the people who have turned in AARs,

along with the number of AARs I have from them. If you see

an error, please email me so we can straighten it out.

Redwolf-5

Ciks-3

Cpl Carrot-3

Jack Trap-4

Kanonier-1

Massattack-1

SGT Kelly-5

Warhammer-4

White4-5

Thanks, Treeburst155 out.

[ March 20, 2002, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Hello everyone!

First the bad news: the finals will definitely not start before 8.4. I've been way too busy to be able to complete and test my second scenario for the finals. I'm going on holiday next Saturday and will return 6.4., and will finish off the second scenario after my return.

Then the good news. The thing I've been busy with concerns CM (and is especially close to the hearts of Nordic people), and is something that you will hopefully have a chance to enjoy during the next couple of years. So my time has been well spent. :D

[ March 26, 2002, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Nabla ]

I haven't received any results from this group lately. The Nordic Championship guys have passed up the Wannabees in games completed. We have six games to go here according to my records. They are:

SGT Gold vs Cooper

Uber General vs SGT Gold

fytinghellfish vs Cooper

fytinghellfish vs Uber General

SGT Gold vs fytinghellfish

Uber General vs Cooper

If any of these games have been completed I didn't get (or lost) the final score. Please send it my way.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst: it just ocurred to me that since I have never written an AAR before today, and I'm not sure that I have ever seen one - that my little essays may not be what you are looking for. If that is the case, please let me know if i am totally off base. thx