Ten reasons why it is just and fitting that the Europeans have to wait!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personnally I'm french and I don't hate any contry's people.

But I think that's why Americans hate french people that french hate american.

France is the most beautiful country of the world but got some problems at this time.

Stop talking about Europe's contry. Most of France people has got america's dream.

Madmatt please close this topic it's not talikng about CMBB.

Paulus

Originally posted by Poobear:

reasons continued;

Europacks (aka the male purse),

Smelly French People,

French Accents,

Too much Drakar Noir,

Moby,

Teletubbies,

etc...

Pooh,

Christopher Robin asked me to make three points on his behalf:

1. Moby is one of yours. That's both the bald music guy (I wonder - do you think that he is by any chance related to you know who?) and the white whale.

2. You consider that there is a state of 'just the right amount of Drakar Noir'? Interesting.

3. Europacks. Is this the same thing as a 'Fanny Pack'? Always gets a smile out of me that one. Fanny Pack. smile.gif See I smiled.

Toodle Pip!

Originally posted by Determinant:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Poobear:

reasons continued;

Europacks (aka the male purse),

Smelly French People,

French Accents,

Too much Drakar Noir,

Moby,

Teletubbies,

etc...

Pooh,

Christopher Robin asked me to make three points on his behalf:

1. Moby is one of yours. That's both the bald music guy (I wonder - do you think that he is by any chance related to you know who?) and the white whale.

2. You consider that there is a state of 'just the right amount of Drakar Noir'? Interesting.

3. Europacks. Is this the same thing as a 'Fanny Pack'? Always gets a smile out of me that one. Fanny Pack. smile.gif See I smiled.

Toodle Pip!</font>

Originally posted by Von Paulus:

France is the most beautiful country of the world but got some problems at this time.

Stop talking about Europe's contry. Most of France people has got america's dream.

Paulus

Relax! Or else we'll sick the Germans on you again! ;)

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Von Paulus:

Paulus

Relax! Or else we'll sick the Germans on you again! ;) </font>

#3) No, refering to the strapped across the center of the chest pack that was all the rave about two years ago!

Sounds like a description of a strait Jacket...

Which brings me to my point...

All the rave!!!

Two years ago!!!

And you were where exactly? :D

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Spook:

And if Onehitsky keeps trying to recycle a topic that was padlocked, without pausing to think why that happened, he may be a contender for "quickest BF forum casualty."

Spook, why don't you check the times of the posts in the two threads. You'll find that the one that was padlocked was posted at 9:59 am; the one that is still open, at 9:55 am. In other words, he didn't 'recycle' a padlocked topic; it looks like his sin may have been simply double posting.

Everyone needs to just take a huge chill pill here. The guy is a newbie and obviously a bit puerile, but you guys are really overreacting.

Steve</font>

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Poobear:

#3) No, refering to the strapped across the center of the chest pack that was all the rave about two years ago!

Sounds like a description of a strait Jacket...

Which brings me to my point...

All the rave!!!

Two years ago!!!

And you were where exactly? :D </font>

Some people don't need a smilie to understand a thread is 'tongue in cheek' or just being silly.

I will note, though, that as bad off as the Europeans may be in getting CMBB, they should take heart in knowing that their Canadian brethren are that much worse off -- given the nature of Canadian customs, most Canucks are hoping to get CMBB as a late Christmas gift.

Steve

Ps. While the thread is still open (5...4..3...),

British teeth,

Frenchmens Breath,

and German Food (now come on Brits, Italians and Swiss, you have to agree w/ me on this one!).

Ouch! That stings like squirting lemon in an eye.

Don't forget....

European Cars,

Starting Wars they can't finish,

and let's see...

oh yes, I think it was mentioned above...

THE FRENCH!

:D

Six reasons why Americans had to have the game early ;)

1) To recover from the shock that a cardboard box can be delivered to their house which does not contain artery blocking junk food.

2) To give them chance to scrutinise the units, in their endeavours to find out exactly which American force won the war on the Russian Front.

3) To start their copious consumption of American beer several weeks in advance. They then sportingly enter the TCP mayhem with the same blood-alcohol level as their Euro opponents have after their first whisky.

4) To give up looking for big sweaty men or rad-teenage-dudes when they realisie that Extreme FOW is not another made up US sport.

5) After the unaccustomed deep thought caused by the game, their lawsuits will start against BFC when they will claim that CMB2B stood for Caused My Brain 2 Burst.

6) To give them chance to recover from their headaches caused by squinting at the mini-map, as they try to ascertain exactly which part of the USA it is showing.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Some people don't need a smilie to understand a thread is 'tongue in cheek' or just being silly.

I didn't limit to smilies. One could put "just kidding" or "(j/k)" as another version of a humor disclaimer.

Anyway, most seem to be taking this thread in humorous light, and hopefully it stays that way. But the original post could've quite as easily been offensive to some other posters, and it indeed appears to be to a few.

I will note, though, that as bad off as the Europeans may be in getting CMBB, they should take heart in knowing that their Canadian brethren are that much worse off -- given the nature of Canadian customs, most Canucks are hoping to get CMBB as a late Christmas gift.

Steve

It's a time-honored tradition, here at BTS and other wargamer forums, for Canadian wargamers (and others) to speak poorly of Canadian customs. ;)

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Six reasons why Americans had to have the game early ;)

1) To recover from the shock that a cardboard box can be delivered to their house which does not contain artery blocking junk food.

2) To give them chance to scrutinise the units, in their endeavours to find out exactly which American force won the war on the Russian Front.

3) To start their copious consumption of American beer several weeks in advance. They then sportingly enter the TCP mayhem with the same blood-alcohol level as their Euro opponents have after their first whisky.

4) To give up looking for big sweaty men or rad-teenage-dudes when they realisie that Extreme FOW is not another made up US sport.

5) After the unaccustomed deep thought caused by the game, their lawsuits will start against BFC when they will claim that CMB2B stood for Caused My Brain 2 Burst.

6) To give them chance to recover from their headaches caused by squinting at the mini-map, as they try to ascertain exactly which part of the USA it is showing.

LOL :D

Personally, I'm not French, but I do live in their godforsaken country. Isn't it bad enough that we're going to be the last people in the known universe to get our hands on CMBB without you Yanks rubbing it in? By the way, who gives a monkey's about the Canadians? Nobody over here can tell you apart from the Americans anyway.

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

What's wrong exactly with the French ?

What’s wrong with the French? Well,

First off we very kindly gave them Calais, but all we got back was the bidet.

Then every summer their air traffic controllers go on strike and stop us going on holiday.

They all wear berets and they are all called, “Jaques”

They steal from us Brits the words they lack (e.g. “Le Weekend”, “Le Camping” and “Cul de sac”)

That’s what’s wrong with the French

They bake their bread in such a naughty shape

And they brag about their wine and worship the grape

They criticise our food but then they eat crepe

And now they have started coming over here in droves;

French cigarettes, French letters and French clothes.

I am sick and tired of eating all this brie,

And I’ll be buggered if I go to gay Paree.

They are pretty cocky about their games in the dark

They claim that with girls they light a special spark

But look what the bastards did to Joan of Arc

What I really resent is that they are so good in bed.

With apologies to Mr. Atkinson et al. And also to any of our French friends who may be offended