ModSlut special: Small arms preview! Hot Pix Inside!!

Feast your eyes...

Preview%20Rifle.jpg

Preview%20SMG.jpg

preview%20MG.jpg

And, uhm, when it's done. Shouldn't be too long...

And, er, should someone come along and point out that some of these guns aren't entirely historically correct: my answer will most probably be: "yeah? So?" or "shuh? Really?" (You have been warned. :D )

Oh, and, ahm, no requests either, okay? smile.gif

Edited: twice, to update pics.

[ March 22, 2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

[confusion] Are those mods or pics in a museum? [/confusion] Either way I can't wait to see more.

That, my dear Gustav, is a preview of my latest small arms mod. As you can see I've learned a thing or two. smile.gif

A. OK for us non-Grogs, how are they NOT historically accurate*

B. You may expect a visit from the National Firearms Authority

to make sure you are not actually caching them

* OK they look a bit "out of the box" new

for weapons that have been used in combat

but I have seen a Lee-Enfield Jungle Carbine

that has the same level of wood detail and quality

[ March 18, 2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

A. OK for us non-Grogs, how are they NOT historically accurate*

Oh, I don't know. Someone is bound to come along and say, for instance, 'say, that's an Enfield Mark so-and-so which wasn't issued to units in Europe,' or 'doesn't that look like a part of an AA mount on that M1919? Infantry don't carry AA mounts, matey.' smile.gif

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

* OK they look a bit "out of the box" new

for weapons that have been used in combat

Ah, yes. So you noticed. Next step is to see if weathering will do any actual good at all.

Originally posted by Commissar:

If you were a woman, I'd give you a slobbery kiss.

I'm, er, well... I don't know if I should be touched, or just glad I'm not a woman. ;)

People,

I had the honor of playtesting these arms along with Tanks' for Juju; and they F****** ROCK!! :eek:

Prepare to sit and stare at your squads for hours after you install this set of super-de-duper-ultra-high-res small arms! :cool:

. . .and Juju: Who's grass are you using in those pics with your mods? tongue.gif

[ March 18, 2002, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Originally posted by Fieldmarshall:

The 'Mg-42' the third one (bottom) is an MG-3 from what I can see, --Niles

Thanks for the nice comments. As far as I know the gun you're referring to is an MG42. Actually it's the same gun I've (any many other mod sluts out there) been using for years, since the same gun is in BFamily's small arms pack as well.

Incidentally, that particular MG ( the bottom one)is intended as a replacement (finally) for the HT Mounted German MG. The second one is an optional MG34 for the infantry units.

Very pretty. Why two SMLEs?

As to weathering, be very careful. No soldier worth his salt lets his weapon remain dirty for long! If do you, do weathering, limit it I'd suggest to removal of blueing from cocking handles and other areas where the weapon would be handled.

Now, a question, doesn't the .50 cal feed from the left, not the right?

Originally posted by Brian:

If you look at it from the left in the game... It'll feed from the left! Works both ways. can't be helped, sorry.

BTW, good suggestions on the weathering. Valid points there. I'll keep that in mind. Um, What's an SMLE?

[ March 18, 2002, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Brian:

If you look at it from the left in the game... It'll feed from the left! Works both ways. can't be helped, sorry.

BTW, good suggestions on the weathering. Valid points there. I'll keep that in mind. Um, What's an SMLE?</font>

Good looking work. The Garand doesn't have the correct WWII style locking bar on the rear sight, and if you look real close, you can see that the serial number indicates it was built by Winchester in 1943, so it is obvious that it is a reworked piece.

Also, the chamber brush in the cleaning kit is not the early style that was part of the combination tool. Other than that, it's great!

;)