ModSlut special: Small arms preview! Hot Pix Inside!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've updated the preview pics on page 1.

The most notable difference are the Thompsons who have their wooden parts match the M1 rifle more.

And, Brian, a sleeve for the Vickers, plus that darker tripod.

Originally posted by Brian:

I'm not sure the WWII version could. I've never seen it on a mounting in any picture that I can recall with it being fed from the right. I suspect you're talking about a post-WWII modification.

Wrong. The M2 was a multipurpose machine gun that was mounted on many platforms that required a right-hand feed (fighter aircraft, twin and quad mounts). A picture of a M2 in a dual mount clearly shows both right and left-hand feeds.

Oh, and the quad mount on an M16 (although it is a little harder to see).

[ March 20, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Marlow ]

Originally posted by Juju:

Okay, I've updated the preview pics on page 1.

The most notable difference are the Thompsons who have their wooden parts match the M1 rifle more.

Why? I'd be surprised actually, if they did, considering different manufacturers made each weapon.

And, Brian, a sleeve for the Vickers, plus that darker tripod.

Much better! Very nice, indeed. Now its looking like a real Vickers should! :D

Now, lets see you get to work on the Bren, then. ;)

[ March 20, 2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Originally posted by Marlow:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Brian:

I'm not sure the WWII version could. I've never seen it on a mounting in any picture that I can recall with it being fed from the right. I suspect you're talking about a post-WWII modification.

Wrong. The M2 was a multipurpose machine gun that was mounted on many platforms that required a right-hand feed (fighter aircraft, twin and quad mounts). A picture of a M2 in a dual mount clearly shows both right and left-hand feeds.

Oh, and the quad mount on an M16 (although it is a little harder to see).</font>

Why? I'd be surprised actually, if they did, considering different manufacturers made each weapon.

That was merely a gameplay decision. It just looks better in game. I'm not really into 100% realism here. Frankly, I don't know the first thing about guns. smile.gif

Glad you like the Vickers. I've already updated it to give the canvas a 3D-ish look, not like it's glued onto the barrel like in the preview pic.

Glad you like the Vickers. I've already updated it to give the canvas a 3D-ish look, not like it's glued onto the barrel like in the preview pic.[/QB]

Yes, even nicer now. With this, I might be tempted to use a mod for the first time. When will it be released and will you do all the other weapons as well?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Splinty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Now, a question, doesn't the .50 cal feed from the left, not the right?

The .50 can be set up to feed from either side.[/QB]</font>

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

i am curious to see how well the preview images actually translate into the actual game.

thanks.

They look awsome. Juju used me as a playtester. He has really outdone himself this time.</font>

Hi all. I've just updated the previews one final time, and sent the pack off to Manx at CMHQ just now.

Thought you'd like to know. smile.gif

Thank god. I was about to complain and whine about when they were going to be released. Now I can complain and whine to Manx about when he'll put them up

Originally posted by Commissar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Juju:

Hi all. I've just updated the previews one final time, and sent the pack off to Manx at CMHQ just now.

Thank god. I was about to complain and whine about when they were going to be released. Now I can complain and whine to Manx about when he'll put them up</font>

Originally posted by Manx:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Juju:

Thank god. I was about to complain and whine about when they were going to be released. Now I can complain and whine to Manx about when he'll put them up</font>

Moan, moan, moan...that's all i ever hear from you lot! Didn't anyone ever tell ya that "patience is a virtue".

And, No! They ain't ready. I'm keeping these for myself. Muhahahawaw etc. etc.

It's a hard life being a Mod-Pimp!