GWDWD(Y) Sez BTS, Please Help!!

Dear BTS,

I am afraid that if this game gets any more realistic, I will have to start taking an occasional slug in the chest. That sounds like fun, but I really was only looking for a game when I stumbled upon CM. While I have unlimited respect for those who gave their lives for the cause of freedom, it is not my time yet. Please help me.

Yours sincerely,

Guy Who Doesn’t Wanna Die (Yet)

Stay close to the ground and use cover wisely. If you *have* to move in the open, move fast and get into cover as soon as possible. Always, always, always have a covered withdrawal route in case everything goes to hell. Kill them before they kill you.

Remember:

1. Incoming fire has the right of way.

2. All your equipment, including your weapon, was made by the lowest bidder.

3. Keep a tight asshole.

Michael

Originally posted by GWDWD:

Dear BTS,

I am afraid that if this game gets any more realistic, I will have to start taking an occasional slug in the chest. That sounds like fun, but I really was only looking for a game when I stumbled upon CM. While I have unlimited respect for those who gave their lives for the cause of freedom, it is not my time yet. Please help me.

Yours sincerely,

Guy Who Doesn’t Wanna Die (Yet)

Good for you, lad! Stay out of the Peng Challenge Thread.

At least then you'll die without being abused.

The best way to avoid dying is to rush all of your jeeps forward at the start of the battle to get him to expose as many of his assets as possible, then pound them with arty.

That's the way everyone plays around here. Especially this Michael Dorosh guy.

Originally posted by Croda:

The best way to avoid dying is to rush all of your jeeps forward at the start of the battle to get him to expose as many of his assets as possible, then pound them with arty.

How RUDE! Good thing I search the forum for my name on a daily basis. I majored in ego at Seanachai University.

(Have we ever even crossed swords, Croda? What an odd comment!) Besides, if you look at my PBEM win/loss record (which I bravely include on one of the websites linked to in my sig), you will see that all the gamey tactics in the world haven't helped me any!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

How RUDE! Good thing I search the forum for my name on a daily basis. I majored in ego at Seanachai University.

(Have we ever even crossed swords, Croda? What an odd comment!) Besides, if you look at my PBEM win/loss record (which I bravely include on one of the websites linked to in my sig), you will see that all the gamey tactics in the world haven't helped me any!</font>

Originally posted by Croda:

No, I just figure that anyone who spends as much time as you do working on Canuckian stuff must need gamey tactics to get along in life.

If CM was anything like an accurate portrayal of the modern Canadian Army, you would have 1 general for every squad, the soft skin vehicles would all be condemned for rusty wheels, and the tracked vehicles would be in war storage...or on concrete plinths.

Guest SnarkerII

No, I just figure that anyone who spends as much time as you do working on Canuckian stuff must need gamey tactics to get along in life.

If CM was anything like an accurate portrayal of the modern Canadian Army, you would have 1 general for every squad, the soft skin vehicles would all be condemned for rusty wheels, and the tracked vehicles would be in war storage...or on concrete plinths.</font>

If CM was anything like an accurate portrayal of the modern Canadian Army, you would have 1 general for every squad, the soft skin vehicles would all be condemned for rusty wheels, and the tracked vehicles would be in war storage...or on concrete plinths.</font>

Here's an idea of how to make the game more realistic. Search out one guy among your forces. remember what unit he's in and his face. This guy will be 'you'. Play the game up until the moment 'you' dies in a mortar attack, then IMMEDIATELY shut off your computer! It's a shock when you do it. You sit there thinking "But how did the battle go after I died?" ...but you are dead and will never know. :eek:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Here's an idea of how to make the game more realistic. Search out one guy among your forces. remember what unit he's in and his face. This guy will be 'you'. Play the game up until the moment 'you' dies in a mortar attack, then IMMEDIATELY shut off your computer! It's a shock when you do it. You sit there thinking "But how did the battle go after I died?" ...but you are dead and will never know. :eek:

I've created my own scenarios with renaming a unit using my last name. I tend to be much more careful with that unit. He would be the person driving the Elite Uber Edited tank who is always hull down. I also enjoy editing the bit maps that come with the game to put my girlfriend's name on the sides of Shermans. I know I'm not the first person to do that.

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

I've created my own scenarios with renaming a unit using my last name. I tend to be much more careful with that unit. He would be the person driving the Elite Uber Edited tank who is always hull down. I also enjoy editing the bit maps that come with the game to put my girlfriend's name on the sides of Shermans. I know I'm not the first person to do that.</font>

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I do that a lot myself. Actually, it started with Close Combat 2. I didn't mind getting fragged all that much, but I hated it when my little pixelated counterpart cowered in a patch of trees, or just plain broke and ran. :mad:

I almost never pick tank crews. It's more fun to lead an infantry squad IMO. Right up until you get caught in that 81mm mortar kill zone. :(

Hey SnarkerII,

Thanks for the morale boost. I'd give ya two little red hearts if it were up to me. But believe you me, I am trying my best not to bite it before the big day. (When will that be, anyhoo? What? Different thread??)

The thing that I don't understand is that all these little pixelated people are trying to kill me... and they DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!! How RUDE!!! Maybe I'm just being paranoid...

(This line of thinking, so far as I know (about 6 inches), belongs to Joseph Heller. If you've never read Catch-22, you have no business playing this game in my feeble opinion.)