CMBB Speculations

Soldiers,

I think that it's time we all had a nice little chat about CMBB. Or what we think WILL be in CMBB. I'd like ot hear any speculation, any at all. Example: Will CMBB include the kitche sink, and will it be modled propperly? What do you think? Is that so? Bogus I say.... and so on. ;)

I bet that there will be too many different models of Pz III and Pz IV.

I wonder if there will be a field mice doodad? And whether the presence of such doodads will prevent a portion of German AFV's from responding to any movement orders? ;)

And I'll wager that there will be debates between opposing camps on whether it is "more fun" or "better" to play early war vs. late war.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: redeker ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

I have a feeling it that there might be grass and trees.<hr></blockquote>

BTS said they're scrapping that idea for CMBB as it wasn't popular in CMBO. I remember MadMatt talking about an "untextured look" for CMBB, he mentioned it cuts developement time in half. Sounds cool.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redeker:

I wonder if there will be a field mice doodad? And whether the presence of such doodads will prevent a portion of German AFV's from responding to any movement orders? ;)

<hr></blockquote>

Why, it wouldn't be a realistic wargame without this feature!

As any wet-behind-the-ears amateur historian knows, the "Elefant" tank destroyer was known to ommit high pitched squeals and seek the safety of the nearest stool whenever a mouse was in the viccinity.

I've heard rumor of a fusion-powered hovertank mounting a 150mm autocannon capable of carrying a whole platoon of space rangers and boasting a top speed of 230km p/hr!

Err... wait... That's gonna be George Lucas' new toy in the second episode of Star Wars... :rolleyes::D

Nathanael

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by von Murrin:

Err... wait... That's gonna be George Lucas' new toy in the second episode of Star Wars... :rolleyes::D

Nathanael<hr></blockquote>

I heard something about 15m tall AT-AT (all terrain attack transport) being ready in 44 to the finnish.

I also look forward to the new tank interface. No more loosing tanks to another tank because they decided to turn their turret to fire at a 2" mortar 300m away.

Overall, it will be a better game, but I will still play CMBO, I enjoy the Western Front more.

Chad

Soldiers,

I believe that the most popular, yet dienned addition to CMBB, are the famous, or infamous if you will, Polish TD's. I seem to vauglly recall Charels speaking of includding these lumberring behemothes of steel, and greese. Yes, yes, there was the "Madmatt," four hundered tons of alluminuim foil, and "Miracil" hair growth formula. Steve was speakign of includignt he Polish "Ramming" oder, which makes the most of rounded frontal armor.....