One Flew Over the PENG CHALLENGE Thread

As to the bolding of names, Berli has it ALMOST right. He is quite correct, and I have made it plain, that the decision to Bold or not is up to the individual. I encourage it as it shows respect for the CessPool. In MY case, I choose to Bold the names of Olde Ones (in fact, as you can see, I feel that the title Olde One itself should be bolded), Knights, Officials AND SQUIRES! It is my feeling that once a person has reached the rank of Squire they should be accorded SOME measure of respect for having attracted the notice of a Knight. Serfs are NOT bolded and SSNs are right out of course.

In addition, it has long been a policy of mine to correctly spell the names of those whose names I bold. Exceptions to the rule, Berli and Peng mostly, are done through common usage.

Have I mentioned that SSNs are right out?

Joe

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Noba:

Dear Thistlesucker.<hr></blockquote>

(stares glumly at the Nobbit, chewing slowly)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Now that it established the

the Haggiss Head is your sponsor - I think it is worth your while to lift yourself out of your imagined depression and DO Somefink!<hr></blockquote>

(gaze moves to fix on something minor in the middle distance)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>How about getting some action? Some direction in your life ? Something worthwhile doing...like pulling your head out of your anus and sending a setup!<hr></blockquote>

(with some discomfort, the chewing stops, and with not a little effort, something large and half-chewed gets swallowed)

....hmmmmmmmmm.... did something say something?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>The local Vet can give you a rectal exam if you like to see how far it is stuck. I'm sure if he/she isn't available, there would be enough "animal lovers" in the 'pool to help you out.<hr></blockquote>

(with a growing crescendo, a slow, ripe report echoes around the paddock causing a trot to the other side)

hum-de-hum-de-hum-de-da

Nobbit by name and Nobbit by art

Nobbits and apples ferment a fart.

Yeknod

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

As to the bolding of names, Berli has it ALMOST right. He is quite correct, and I have made it plain, that the decision to Bold or not is up to the individual. I encourage it as it shows respect for the CessPool. In MY case, I choose to Bold the names of Olde Ones (in fact, as you can see, I feel that the title Olde One itself should be bolded), Knights, Officials AND SQUIRES! It is my feeling that once a person has reached the rank of Squire they should be accorded SOME measure of respect for having attracted the notice of a Knight. Serfs are NOT bolded and SSNs are right out of course.

In addition, it has long been a policy of mine to correctly spell the names of those whose names I bold. Exceptions to the rule, Berli and Peng mostly, are done through common usage.

Have I mentioned that SSNs are right out?

<hr></blockquote>

I am quite aware that you Bold squires, but that is hardly common usage. I do notice that I forgot to mention serfs... but that are a bit low for notice anyway. Oh, and yes, you did mention that <font size="-2">ssn's</font> are right out

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PondScum:

I shall meet you in Sollies-Ville. It's a little Berlian monstrosity which I think you'll grow to hate. Note especially the "both sides must target their FO on one of their TRPs every turn" rule. Wouldn't want to leave any of those buildings standing, would we? I'll race you to your paddock in the middle of town. Watch out for craters.

I am, of course, on the side of the garlic-chewers in this little stretch of hell. You shall take the forces of Prussian efficiency - don't worry, I'm sure you can make them HIDE and LOSE just as badly as the merkuns.

PS Scunthorpe? No wonder you're depressed.<hr></blockquote>

PondDuck

This is a thoroughly nasty little map, a gopher's warren that does everything to encourage mindless moving... and to cap it all, I have to spend me time looking at colourful uniforms and odd stupid, shapes... gawd, all mighty...

...oh, and so its known to yer as well? Oh, great, fine, just load up a couple of Shermans too... oh, yes, got 'em too? Great, feckin marvelous... right, PondDuck - I hope you dream Scunthorpe, I hope you're posted to Scunthorpe, I hope Scunthorpe consumes yer soul yer feathered-up, blasted lump of paddling stupidity.

Yeknod

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I am quite aware that you Bold squires, but that is hardly common usage. I do notice that I forgot to mention serfs... but that are a bit low for notice anyway. Oh, and yes, you did mention that <font size="-2">ssn's</font> are right out<hr></blockquote>Did I then, good, I was afraid that I'd forget to mention that <font size="-2">ssn's</font> are right out. I admit that I copied and pasted your font stuff since I don't know how to do it.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Did I then, good, I was afraid that I'd forget to mention that <font size="-2">ssn's</font> are right out. I admit that I copied and pasted your font stuff since I don't know how to do it.

Joe<hr></blockquote>

Quite simple really... you just type the 'less than' symbol followed by: font size="-1" (-1 can be replaced with -2, -3, etc). Now type the 'greater than' symbol and type the text you want modified. When finished, type the 'less than' symbol, /font, 'greater than' symbol. Quite simple really

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Quite simple really... you just type the 'less than' symbol followed by: font size="-1" (-1 can be replaced with -2, -3, etc). Now type the 'greater than' symbol and type the text you want modified. When finished, type the 'less than' symbol, /font, 'greater than' symbol. Quite simple really<hr></blockquote>Berli the <font size=+2>FACT</font> is that I screw up <font size=+1>UBB</font> <font size==-1>half</font> the time ... but I'll give it a try.

Joe

Ha ya bumbling boobs...........greetings from sunny mexico. Weather is gorgeous, sitting on the beaches sipping a bit of tequila, well alot and Not thinking of you all, at least till I get back and go Justicar hunting, and probably never answer Seacachais turn so he will eternally be always ending in a draw, mu ha ha

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dalem:

I'mb gebbing a colb.

I habe you aww.<hr></blockquote>

That's not a cold...it's just congestion from all the smoke I'm dropping. If you think that's tough, wait until you start inhaling the lead.

Dear CMSplatter,

Most of my posts to the 'Pool are from work where I am bereft of CM:BO. I can only process turns at home after I go to the bar and barring the presence of young ladies in my domicile. Squid Pro Timpani (or some other incomprehensible Latin legalese) you get you turns in order of your importance in life, e.g., et al, et cetera last! Since I have a real life and you rank (and are rank) below the mildew in my shower or the dust bunnies under the bed you're gonna have to wait ya git. Blubber like a baby with filled diapers in need of a good, swift kick to the head and I'll ignore you more.

To my other erstwhile opponents rest easy that you'll get your turns before CMSputterer but after I get my bed fixed and the dirty clothes picked up. To my most noble and kind Liege, Sir Lars, uhh... turns being sent right away your lordship. Is there anything else I can do? Kick a few SSNs in the teeth or somefink? Figure out a way to draw and quarter Donkeydumb using hamsters?

Hanns

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hanns:

Is there anything else I can do? Kick a few SSNs in the teeth or somefink? Figure out a way to draw and quarter Donkeydumb using hamsters?<hr></blockquote>

....figure? Bwabwabwabwabwabwabwabwa... one dressing short of a bleedin salad

(note made in paddock log book: Heinz - pointless bouncing and tasteless table condiments)

Yeknod

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]</p>

Dear Hanns.

You are a useless wanker.

the American Commander.

[edited to mention that your constant ongoing need to mention how many young ladies visit your domicile impresses me about as much as a child bragging about the size of his Pokemon card collection]

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: CMplayer ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hiram_Sedai:

need a smoke

got to have a smoke

who here has a smoke?

how about the Raunchmeister?

no, not that kind of smoke

need a smoke

you just don't understand

got to have a smoke<hr></blockquote>

I can't picture Eeyore with a cigarette in his mouth. It just doesn't work.

Persephone

Patience is a virtue. Everything comes to He who waits. Your turn is in the Mail - L'arse

Your troops will impale themselves fataly on the sword of my defense. You shall not pass ( except in your underwear ).

UPDATE :

The headless Gnome (no bolding for those that are laggards returning files)is putting off the glorious day that his folly against Australians is shown to be monumentous in it's defeat. No longer will he be able to swill around the boards pretending to be protector of the free world. His soul is mine.

Pondy is not doing much.

The donkey is just plain Recalcitrant.

Berli's troops are getting their heads kicked in by artillery.

Hann's's' troops, well they are pretending to be hurt....I won't fall for it in this mud.

Overall, a win,win,win,win situation coming up.

[so what, everyone edits]

Noba.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Noba ]</p>

Hiram, dead serious lad, Nicorette Gum! Every time I quit I did it with the gum. Now mind to READ the instructions. The first time I tried it I figured, "HEY, I KNOW how chew gum." ... it was the WALKING and chewing that ... never mind.

The point, you see, is that you should chew it UNTIL IT STARTS TO TINGLE, then you "Park" it (I'm not kidding, that's what the instructions say) in your cheek for a bit and then chew some more. If you don't, if you just munch down like it's Double Bubble or something ... it'll feel like it's eating a hole in your tongue.

Highly recommended, and now it's in User Friendly Orange flavor they say. The other stuff was fairly foul and gave you a reason to STOP chewing the gum, at least that was my impression.

Good luck, lad, it's worth it.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Noba:

The headless Gnome (no bolding for those that are laggards returning files)is putting off the glorious day that his folly against Australians is shown to be monumentous in it's defeat. No longer will he be able to swill around the boards pretending to be protector of the free world. His soul is mine.

<hr></blockquote>

You might have taken his head but only Berli can take his soul.

Persephone

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Persephone:

I am presenting you with my own challenge for the name of Peng.

<hr></blockquote>

Peng's name can only be won back by an Olde One™ in a CM match.

If I can find some time this weekend I might dig around for a picture from the pre-vampire days and send it. In the meantime your buddy Pluto owes me a file.

OGSF

Liege, Burn's Night Poem from the Web

TAE A FART

O

h whit a sleekit horrible beastie

Lurks in yer belly efter the feastie

Jist as ye sit doon among yer kin

There sterts tae stir an enormous win'

The neeps 'n' tatties 'n' mushy peas

Stert workin' like a gentle breeze

But soon the puddin' wi' the sauncie face

Will hae ye blawin' a' ower the place

Nae maiter whit the hell ye dae

A'bodys gonnae hiv tae pay

Even if ye try tae stifle

It's like a bullet oot a rifle

Hawd yer bum ticht tae the chair

Tae try an' stop the leakin' air

Shify yersel fae cheek tae cheek

Prae tae God it disnae reek

But aw yer efforts go assunder

Oot it comes like a clap o' thunder

Ricochets aroon the room

Michty me a sonic boom

God almichty it fairly reeks

Hope a huvnae **** ma breeks

Tae the bog a better scurry

Aw whit the hell, it's no ma worry

A'body roon aboot me chokin

Wan or twa are nearly bokin

A'll feel better for a while

Cannae help but raise a smile

Wis him! A shout wi' accusin glower

Alas too late, he's jist keeled ower

Ye dirty bugger they shout and stare

A dinnae feel welcome ony mair

Where e'er ye be let yer wind gang free

Sounds like jist the job fur me

Whit a fuss at Rabbie's party

Ower the sake o' wan wee farty

Yeknod

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hiram_Sedai:

need a smoke

got to have a smoke

who here has a smoke?

how about the Raunchmeister?

no, not that kind of smoke

need a smoke

you just don't understand

got to have a smoke<hr></blockquote>

Croda's using all the smoke in our current game. Sorry, none for you.

Hiram’s Long Anticipated Game Updates

Here is a bone for you festering knob tugging, teen ogling, Peng sickophants. I’m only playing two games against Cesspool inhabitants but they are quality games I tell ya!! Warm up your printer and get set to displace the pictures that your offspring created on your respective fridges. Here is why we play the game, boys and girls.

Elvis His existence is a taunt to me. Every single time I read the word “dear” in a post, it heckles me. I do hope he has some spare plants around for me to pee in when I visit the King of South Philly abode during the Superbowl party. It would seem that I am automatically invited once more because he mistakenly let me into his place last year. Will he ever learn?

Speaking of learning (I am Mister Segway!! Tremble before my incontinent verbosity) We are playing a cute little battle thingy via PBEM and I am purposely NOT doing all the things I used to do. It’s a struggle to not telegraph my moves and send my dudes piecemeal. He is Polish and defending while I am, uh….not Polish and attacking…sort of. I’m struggling not to do my patented Hiram Lemming Attack Pattern where I pick a point on the map and send one unit at a time until I have nothing left and then he threatens to take my girlfriend and my stereo. You’ll get my stereo over my cold, rotting, oddly hirsute corpse, Nissan Boy!! Anyway…he is probably winning because he is Elvis and I am not.

Croda We are playing yet another one of his creations. This is not the traffic accident that Crodaburg is and for that I am grateful. He is German and defending while I am not German and not…uh defending. I know that deep within the bowls of his defense he is hiding some of those UberVolksSpankenLickenGrubers. They are 8 feet tall and can kill a Sherman by sneezing at it. Each of his platoons has 21 ubervolk per squad and his machine guns have approx 500 rounds. I could have sworn that one of his German dudes answered to the name of Andreas and that is what truly frightened me because there is no one more Uber than omniscient Andreas. Croda has already killed one of my Shermans because of a head cold that one of his ubermenschen has. Gesunheidt, ya bastige!!

Edited because of fallacies derived from inherent fallibilities found in a primative clime.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hanns:

To my most noble and kind Liege, Sir Lars, uhh... turns being sent right away your lordship. Is there anything else I can do? Kick a few SSNs in the teeth or somefink? Figure out a way to draw and quarter Donkeydumb using hamsters?

Hanns<hr></blockquote>

See, I told you abject groveling works. When you get a squire of your own, be sure to inflict it upon him at every opportunity. And never spare the Boot.

Now if you really want to do me a favor, you can come over and b*tch-slap one of my tenants. Seems she decided last night was a good time to get drunk and beat up her children.

For the rest of you lot (and Hanns, you’re welcome to hit them too), turns will go out after this situation has been resolved.

Updates? I'll give you updates.

Speedbump: I think we're playing still. It would be easier to tell if I could get a frikkin' TURN every once in awhile.

Terence: See above.

Croda: Trying to wrest one of my dog's ears back, that I won last week. Smoke alone ain't gonna do it, smoke-boy. Did I mention that he's using smoke?

And that's it. Three bloody games. Anb dis damnb colb. Fug.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dalem:

Updates? I'll give you updates.

Speedbump: I think we're playing still. It would be easier to tell if I could get a frikkin' TURN every once in awhile.

Anb dis damnb colb. Fug.<hr></blockquote>

Ah Hah! My mind games are successful already. What, are we in the 2nd turn? And already you are frustrated...at this rate, you will be completely out of control by turn 5!

Bwaahahahahah....

Speedbump