Machine Gun Jams

In a PBEM game I have been playing, last turn one of my German HMGs jammed(eg next to ammo it said JAM). I looked in the manual and it didn't seem to mention anything about weapons jamming, so I was wondering how regular an occurence this is in CMBO, as it has never happened to me before(although having said that I've only been playing for about a month and a half). I presume the gun isn't going to be completely out of action?

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

I find that it's a pretty common occurance. I expect all my mg's to jam once before they can fire off all their ammo

thats about right, it has been my experience that the jammed MG is just a fact of life and you should see at least one or two jams every game.

NO big deal unless it happens at a VERY bad time, give it a turn or two, three turns at the most, and your guys will be back in action!

-tom w

Happens all the time to me but I play only the American's which everybody knows how crappy thier machineguns were compared to the German's. Glad to hear it happens to the German's too. However, I feel for you. :(

My MGs jam pretty frequently, too - I would guess at least once a game. It's probably happened to you more than once in the past month and a half; because the MGs typically unjam themselves in a turn or two, you may not have noticed unless you clicked on every MG every turn.

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Happens all the time to me but I play only the American's which everybody knows how crappy thier machineguns were compared to the German's. Glad to hear it happens to the German's too. However, I feel for you. :(

Er, American MGs were just fine. The Browning .50 is still in use, AFAIK, and the .30 did what it was supposed to do. The MG42 was an excellent weapon, but I don't think (especially in terms of reliability) it's leaps and bounds over the competition.

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lcm1947:

Er, American MGs were just fine. The Browning .50 is still in use, AFAIK, and the .30 did what it was supposed to do. The MG42 was an excellent weapon, but I don't think (especially in terms of reliability) it's leaps and bounds over the competition.</font>

The best MG in the war I read in numerous sources was the one the Aussies used in North Africa and in the Pacific. What was it called ahhhh!????

It rarely ever jammed, caused it relied on gravity for the rounds to be placed in the barrel. Only prob it had, was a sevre case of overheating.

Hi,

It often happens to me when one of my MG's jams it keeps jamming for the duration of the game, eg.: turn 1 : jam, turn 3 ok , turn 5 jam, turn 7 ok, turn 9 jam,....

Is this just me, or is it some kind of circumstancial factor?

[ May 03, 2002, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: SturmSebber ]