Captured vehicles identification question

How about "friendly" fire in general? CMBO allows for "friendly" fire between troops, but not between vehicles (to my knowledge at least).

What if your Pz IV fires at captured T-34 in your service?

IIRC both sides used captured AFV's IRL to make the sentries guarding bridges not far from the frontline etc. think for a few seconds longer before opening fire.

Having a captured vehicle lead a collumn, especially in the dark, would make the enemy think all of the AFV's are friendlies after the first one is ID'd as a friendly.

Originally posted by SpazManOught:

If this happened then people wouldn't buy captured enemy tanks, so there would be no point in adding this feature.

See, there's this little thing called 'scenarios'... and in these 'scenarios', you can't buy your units.

Edit : spelling of buy hehe

[ May 13, 2002, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Herr Kruger ]

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SpazManOught:

If this happened then people wouldn't buy captured enemy tanks, so there would be no point in adding this feature.

See, there's this little thing called 'scenarios'... and in these 'scenarios', you can't buy your units.</font>

Scenarios are also a great way of learning how to play and to develop new tactics for specific situations (or to abandon a certain tactic :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

But a well developed scenario is also a lot of fun to play!!!!!!! :eek:

The only way I'll play a quick battle is if the computer picks the forces...otherwise, forget about it! My hat is off to all of you FINE scenario designers out there! Not only are you giving me SUPREME enjoyment from CMBO, but you're teaching me a bit of history as well! Bravo!

Sir_Elgnid out! :D