Gamey Thread

laxx

Hi,

thought i'd start a gamey thread. gamey tactics that works in a game that probably won't be implemented in real life because it is not practical, suicidal, or simply can't be done.

This thread is especially useful to those who are newbies, non-grog and love spoilers, like me . All you grognards can stop reading now smile.gif

No hard and fast rules, just Fun. If it aint Fun, it aint Gamey.

-------

[ December 23, 2002, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: laxx ]

Name: Fool the Turn One Off-Board-Artillery Gamey Tactic

Setting: Some of the scenarios eg. Totenkopf. You against the AI which has a Turn One off-board artillery.

How to Use it:

In turn zero, after positioning all your units, Hide all of them except one which will act as a decoy. This unit should be an armour unit. Position this decoy somewhere away from your other units but viewable from the AI.

What happens is that the AI will spot this unit and rain in the turn one artillery (which cannot be repositioned later). Of coss during turn one, you should order your unit to move as far away from the incoming artillery.

Conclusion: Save your units, waste the AI's ammo.

Name: Know thy Enemy Gamey Tactic

Setting: Against AI.

How to use it : Save every turn in your game. And press the Surrender Icon after saving, at the After Action Report screen, there is "Look at Map" button. Click on it to see where you enemy is, how big the force etc. Go to main menu, load the saved game and continue.

Conclusion : you get to know where your enemy is and plan accordingly.

[ December 23, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: laxx ]

Tell Me,

Are you one of those people who download invincibility and level skip cheats 5 minutes after installing a new game??

What's the point in playing CM:BB if your going to "Surrender" and then "Look at Map" to see where everyone is...defeats the whole purpose of the game..you'd be better spending your time indoctrinating recon doctrine and tactics....sigh!!! :rolleyes:

Name: Kill the Tankette Tactic

Setting: German (you) against Russian. Your opponent has T-60 or T-70 or Ba-64 Armored cars

How to use the tactic : Buy veteran sharpshooters. Position as near to the enemy as possible. Snipe the AFVs when unhatched, once the TC is shot, the AFV will stop moving. The T-60/T-70 and BA-64 each has only 1 driver and 1 Tank Commander. Without the TC, the tank is basically disabled.

*note: sharpshooters doan come cheap. They are twice the price of a Anti-tank rifle, but they are worth it as a really good sharpshooter will kill off the tc with only one shot.

MG-42: Now Now, no moralizing.

And no, there is no "god" mode in CMBB, just gamey tactics.

I use the "Know Thy Enemy" tactic to Learn, but hey, This is supposed to be a fun thread.

[ December 23, 2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: laxx ]

Originally posted by laxx:

Buy veteran sharpshooters. Position as near to the enemy as possible. Snipe the AFVs when unhatched, once the TC is shot, the AFV will stop moving. The T-60/T-70 and BA-64 each has only 1 driver and 1 Tank Commander. Without the TC, the tank is basically disabled.

I don't think using sharpshooters to kill TCs falls into the category of 'gamey' or 'didn't happen in real life', the Germans used the tactic with some success in Normandy, I doubt they failed to use it elsewhere.

Name: AI variation tactic

Setting: Against AI.

How to use it : The AI has about 3 or 4 variations in tactics each time you re-run a saved game. So if you do not like the outcome of a particular turn, reload the earlier turn and run it again. It will repeat after several reruns.

Eg. If your Panzer II gets killed by the T-26 in turn 2, and you really need your Panzer II in the large scheme of things then Reload the End Turn 1 saved game and run again, your Panzer II may not be killed this time round, instead the T-26 could be the victim this time.

Assumption : I assume you save your games regularly.

[ December 23, 2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: laxx ]

Name: Win the battle in max 4 turns

Setting: Only for fun against A.I.

How to use it: make a scenario, you are the attacker. AI is defending a small village.

Use a small map.

Buy for your force ONLY the heaviest rocket artillery available, nothing else.

In turn 1, unleash all your rockets on the village.

After all ammo is spend, SURRENDER !

Now you will have a total victory ! :Dtongue.gif :cool:

This is ONLY for fun, not serious tactic offcourse !

Monty

Name: Field day for tankhunter teams.

How to use it:

Make a map with HEAVY FORESTS, and i mean HEAVY

Now make a QB with for the AI armored force, and for you infantery.

Load the map and buy a LOT of tank hunter teams or panzerschreck teams if available.

Go and bust some tanks

The enemy tanks are stuck in the setupzone so you know where they are :Dtongue.gif :cool:

Monty

posted December 23, 2002 10:41 AM Profile for Monty Email Monty Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Name: Win the battle in max 4 turns

Setting: Only for fun against A.I.

How to use it: make a scenario, you are the attacker. AI is defending a small village.

Use a small map.

Buy for your force ONLY the heaviest rocket artillery available, nothing else.

In turn 1, unleash all your rockets on the village.

After all ammo is spend, SURRENDER !

Now you will have a total victory ! [big Grin] [Razz] [Cool]

ROFL!

Originally posted by Hans:

gamey trick against humans?

If you need more AT mines to close some gaps place some AP mines amongst them. A human player seeing the "dreaded sign" in a location for an AT will assume it is and not go their. Same for AP.

That wouldn't work against me. :D

How about tank hunter teams as scouts? That's probably gamey, but I'm not a grog so I don't know for sure.

Treeburst155 out.