CM Outpost Getting CPR

I've paid the $$ and arranged for web space for at least a year and have decided to administer CPR to CM Outpost and continue the mod reviews.

CM Outpost was originally moved overseas to UK and mastered by DraGoon, who did a bang up job. I've been absent for awhile, but I noted on my return that the moved site is no longer available. Now that folks have my working e-mail, I've received requests to bring it back.

I've decide to bring CM Outpost back to the status of when I passed it on to DraGoon. It means I won't have his reviews, but I'll catch up with my own opinions on some of the mods.

There were several reasons why I decided to hand CM Outpost over, some real life related, some CM community related. But the main purpose of CM Outpost was to praise the work of some of the best Modders out there and show it all off.

PawBroon of "MODs & MODers" has done a wonderful job of continued comparison and praising those wonderful people who donate their time and talent to CM.

More of a good thing doesn't hurt. I have continued my playing of CM for the last two years and always find myself pausing to admire the great Mods that have been provided to the CM community. We are a lucky bunch, for having CMBO and for having so many outstanding Mods.

Mod authors need to have their work presented on the Web and praise be noted. The old comparisons and descriptions still need to be seen by those new to CM.

BUT (you knew there had to be a 'but'), the old days of updates two or three times a week will not be resumed. And please, this time no email asking why I hadn't made an update in a couple of days! I won't burn out this time. Besides the old Mods I reviewed, any new comparisons will only include...

1) Vehicles

2) Complete Terrain Mods

3) Possibly Buildings

4) Hi-Res and Quality Mods

This will reduce the stream of requests I got for Mod comparisons and save space. I know, it makes me seem a little arrogant in deciding what is "quality" and what is not. Just send email and we will discuss it and please, I appreciate every Mod author out there. Its all good, its just an attempt to give me time to play CM and enjoy other enjoyable life events.

OH YEA! I've got space, I've got all the CM Outpost pages from my old PC to my new one, and I'm just waiting for my account activation and new domain name (cmoutpost.net). I should have it up this weekend some time. I'll announce and if the domain name is not ready, provide the IP address.

No matter how tired I get of it, I promise it will at least be around for a year, but I plan longer.

Thanks to all those who sent email asking for me to do this. After downloading some new outstanding Mods that I had missed out on, I felt obligated to do something for the outstanding CM Mod community. Praise be to the Modders!

SuperTed, I’ll definitely send an update to CMHQ. I hope someone there (you?) will put CM

Outpost back on the CM Webring, or just send an email for me to reapply.

Gordon, glad to be back. By the way, CMMOS is a jewel. Very impressive and hats off to all involved. Boy, makes those Allied tank options a breeze. Thank goodness. And loved the snowed German vehicles. You know I got those!

Thanks everyone for the welcome back for CM Outpost. Will be putting best effort to go on duty this weekend, barring any technical difficulties with the web hosting site.