Tankfest 2002 (link to AAR Site added)

If so, please email me. There are seven of us going, and we could have a get-together over sandwiches alround smile.gif

Also, your chance to see not one, but two beta-testers in the flesh, and hear us answer your questions about CMBB with 'I could tell you, but then I would have to ask that Tiger driver to run you down.' :D

Tank Museum Bovington

Tankfest Bovington AAR

[ July 02, 2002, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Andreas ]

smile.gif

I shall bring my fleece and a flask of tea and a blanket..

smile.gif

See ya on Sunday....

Hmmm I wonder if I have enough chains to strap you onto the Tiger until you talk.

Remember there are only two of you and if the other chap stays stum you will be on your own with some fanatics who want to know more.

:D

Cheers

H

Originally posted by Holien:

Remember there are only two of you and if the other chap stays stum you will be on your own with some fanatics who want to know more.

I made sure to be the registered driver on the rental car, and being law-abiding citizens, they would not get home without me. One hopes...

Originally posted by Andreas:

If so, please email me. There are seven of us going, and we could have a get-together over sandwiches alround smile.gif

Also, your chance to see not one, but two beta-testers in the flesh, and hear us answer your questions about CMBB with 'I could tell you, but then I would have to ask that Tiger driver to run you down.' :D

Tank Museum Bovington

Email me if you are going, to co-ordinate. Remember, being an anorak is only fun if you are amongst other anoraks.

Sorry, wrong side of "the pond", and all. But if anyone has a chance, don't forget us modders. Some nice detail photos of appropriate tanks would be quite nice. smile.gif

Gordon

I won't be going. Just thought I'd mention that. :D I do have a request however. It would be nice for you to take some pictures for the modders. It would only help them to help us by maybe getting more ideas for mods and all so that would be great but I personally would greatly appreciate any pictures you guys could take of any pretty girls you happen to see. Thanks. :D Oh and - you lucky guys.

Nice to see you all again and I am happy to say the beta testers said nothing at all about the new game.

They are now minus quite a few finger nails but they held out under intense torture.

;)

The Tiger was not running but there was plenty to see and do and they had some great tanks up and running. I have photos but no place to host them.

E-mail me if you want them sent through so they can be hosted somewhere.

H

We were careful to try and take some pictures that might interest CM now (and in the future). Plus we've pictures of the Big Cat herself. I'll develop the film tomorrow so we can post them here in the next few days if I can find a scanner.

If anyone wants to see Germanboy being 'camp', you'll know where to come :D .

I hope the sun burn didn't get you to badly Justin. I stalked the streets of London this morning terrifying people with my boiled lobster like complexion smile.gif

It was a great weekend from beginning to end tanks and a fabulous group of people to share the experience with!

And thank you Andreas, your cheerful hospitality was the real foundation for making this a truly memorable experience smile.gif

I'll leave my film for development tomorrow, hoping for a few good shots of, perhaps, the matilda I "rushing" by or the Comet negotiating the sharp edge

The whole forum takes on another dimension when you meet your fellow CM:ers and realize they are even more, eh, what that word, eh, ah never mind, you know what I mean, in real life smile.gif

Hope to be back sooner rather than later!

Now, time for bed!

M.

Originally posted by Mattias:

And thank you Andreas, your cheerful hospitality was the real foundation for making this a truly memorable experience smile.gif

I swear, I have no idea what this boiled Suede is talking about, and deny everything. Shurely the words 'cheerful' and 'hospitality' in conjunction with my name must be shome mishtake.

Was good to see you all, and we should repeat this next time, when hopefully they will have fixed the Maybach.

Highpoint of the day - seeing a Crusader being historically correct, and breaking down in front of us. Absolute highpoint - seeing the T34/85 running over the knife-edge!

It was good to meet a bunch of fellow CM'ers and put faces to some of the forum 'sigs'.

I didn't, however, expect the "cooked-face" syndrome - was it really that sunny? Or was one of those Russian tanks nuclear powered?

Looking forward to kicking-off a few PBEMs in the near future.