The clock is ticking but PL Wont be hosting the Peng Challenge Thread....

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by YK2:

Not if I can help it.....

Ok listen up you lot.

Me and Persephone have hijacked the MBT.

So make sure you have a shower and wipe your boots before entering.

Oh, okay, a chick thread.

I have to decide on a color for painting my guest room/reading room. I've got a green chair and a green day bed, and a small rug with tones of olive and tan in it. I was going to go for a very light olive color for the walls. Too much green? Should I go with a tan instead?

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Ok listen up you lot.

I have to decide on a color for painting my guest room/reading room. I've got a green chair and a green day bed, and a small rug with tones of olive and tan in it. I was going to go for a very light olive color for the walls. Too much green? Should I go with a tan instead?</font>

I have to decide on a color for painting my guest room/reading room. I've got a green chair and a green day bed, and a small rug with tones of olive and tan in it. I was going to go for a very light olive color for the walls. Too much green? Should I go with a tan instead?

dalem, does this mean you've dropped the purple pimp decor? No more lava lamp? No more waterbed? No more flashing disco lights?

Papa

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

dalem, does this mean you've dropped the purple pimp decor? No more lava lamp? No more waterbed? No more flashing disco lights?

Papa</font>

Originally posted by pathfinder:

Musk? Skonk musk mebbe?

*pathy runs away VERY quickly*

Don' know what smells worse...da pool, this thread or mah socks ...

Arghhhhhhh Smelly Socks you've tainted the smell of my freshly brewed coffee...

Now be a good lad and close the door on the way OUT

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Sweet Emma. You have brilliantly illustrated the truism "If it ain't Scottish, its crap!"

Well done.

Peng

Now that's more like the kinda thing one likes to hear while drinking coffee.

I must confess... although I did start this new incarnation of the MBT it's the Bard who was responsible for the rules I posted.

So............

"If it's too good to be true then it ain't Scottish"

Should I go with a tan instead?

Sounds pretty good to me.

Remember to use plenty sun screen though as...

"Red and Green should never be seen"

Any oirish out there should understand that one.

Yes, you should go with a tan or a very pale beige. Maybe put up a paper border near the ceiling that has tan and/or olive in it to help tie the room together. And for draperies (Always call them draperies. Remember "drape" is a verb.). just get some fabric with tan and/or olive in it, then go to a craft store and buy some small rings made out of grape vine. Use those to hang the fabric from at the tops of the windows and it's a darling little artistic touch for your room.

Then you can flounce around in it to your little hearts content. having some of your little friends over where you can give each other makeovers and sit up all night eating Smores and playing Mystery Date.

See? This is what happens when it becomes a chick thread. Not pretty.

I recently painted my living room ceiling banana yellow and the walls a kind of battleship grey. This produced a curious phenomenon in a member of the fairer sex, who whirled round in astonishment until complete befuddlement set in. at this point she collapsed on to my sheepskin rug, writhing around and giggling uncontrollably.

So, anyway, I’ve had to stop inviting my mother round for the moment, but I mention it here in case this is the effect you were after.

Of course, if any Ladies of the Pool wish to pop round for a cup of tea and a crumpet they’re more than welcome. My door is always open and my rug is always groomed.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Yes, you should go with a tan or a very pale beige. Maybe put up a paper border near the ceiling that has tan and/or olive in it to help tie the room together. And for draperies (Always call them draperies. Remember "drape" is a verb.). just get some fabric with tan and/or olive in it, then go to a craft store and buy some small rings made out of grape vine. Use those to hang the fabric from at the tops of the windows and it's a darling little artistic touch for your room.

Then you can flounce around in it to your little hearts content. having some of your little friends over where you can give each other makeovers and sit up all night eating Smores and playing Mystery Date.

See? This is what happens when it becomes a chick thread. Not pretty.

Well, the smores part was pretty cool.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Ok listen up you lot.

I have to decide on a color for painting my guest room/reading room. I've got a green chair and a green day bed, and a small rug with tones of olive and tan in it. I was going to go for a very light olive color for the walls. Too much green? Should I go with a tan instead?</font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

I have to decide on a color for painting my guest room/reading room. I've got a green chair and a green day bed, and a small rug with tones of olive and tan in it. I was going to go for a very light olive color for the walls. Too much green? Should I go with a tan instead?Dalem, I think you should go with bright Orange. Let me know if you need any more advice.

Persephone

Oh yeah, Orange, green, olive and tan. Toss in some paisley curtains just to round out the look...maybe some canary yellow throw pillows.

That'll look like the dog's breakfast.