What spec machines are people playing CM with now?

1600xp, 400mb ram , gainward geforce2 pro 64mg,

19" display,soundblaster 1024 live,win98 se,

When i put antialiaising then sometimes game fonts go bloory ? I used new ones detonator3 drivers.So i had to shoot down all antialiaising grap.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iMac Rev C, (I think), 333 mhz 96mb RAM, OS 9.1

I pray it will be alright for CMBB, cause I don't have cash and my folks will never update a computer in their entire lives. They think my little iMac will last 1000 years and still be top market. HAHAHAHAH, yeah right, even now....

okay I'll shut up tongue.gif

Hey Diceman I noticed you are using the same video card that I use. Diamond Viper 770 TNT2. I was wondering what you think of this card? The reason I ask is that it is a rather old one according to my local computer guy and he's kind of talking me into getting a newer one. Since I have no knowledge of other cards to evaluate it to I was just wonderings what you thought? It seems to get the job done however and unless these's a big improvement by upgrading to a newer one I may upgrade something else and not waste the money on this. Any advice or opinions?

900Mhz AMD Duron Processor, 128Mb RAM, Windows ME OS, 30Gb IDE Hard Drive, S3 Graphics Inc. ProSavage Display Adapter thingy :confused: , Hitachi DVD/CD Rom Drive. Seems to work ok on these specs, hope CM:BB will too :D

Oh, I forgot, I have NO 3D Graphics card!(Not that I know of anyway) :rolleyes:

[ July 07, 2002, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: athkatla ]

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Hey Diceman I noticed you are using the same video card that I use. Diamond Viper 770 TNT2. I was wondering what you think of this card? The reason I ask is that it is a rather old one according to my local computer guy and he's kind of talking me into getting a newer one. Since I have no knowledge of other cards to evaluate it to I was just wonderings what you thought? It seems to get the job done however and unless these's a big improvement by upgrading to a newer one I may upgrade something else and not waste the money on this. Any advice or opinions?

Depends on your motherboard. If you can take advantage of 4X AGP then it might be worth an upgrade. My motherboard can only handle 2X AGP so I see no reason to upgrade since the card is already more than the AGP slot can take advantage of already.

Are you running direct X 7 or higher, and if so are you getting keybug check errors when the card memory is maxed out? I just reformatted my hard drive, and I'm still getting these errors, and I suspect it’s the drivers on the card causing the problem, in spite of the fact I have the latest ones (which are still old in computer gadget time).

Pentium 4 Northwood B at 2.82GHz on an Abit IT7 MAX legacy-free motherboard, 512MB of Corsair XMS3000 RAM at the full 663MHz bus speed, a Gainward Golden Sample Ti4600 GeForce 4 (AGP4X w/ 128MB aperature), and two ATA/133 80GB WD HDD's w/8MB-cache, RAID-striped as one 147GB drive. Oh yeah, and a LinkSys LNE100TX 200Mbps FDX network card, all in a keen brushed aluminum Lian Li case which my wife bought me. And a partridge in a pear tree. Hey, you asked.

I'm pretty sure I could run about eleven copies of CMBO simultaneously.

On SiSoft Sandra it out-performs RAMBUS memory bandwidth by about 200MB/sec (around 2.7GB/sec), and I have one of the higher 3DMark scores (about 12,500). Not bad for about $1800 total, sure beats what one of those places like Dell would give you for that much money.

Of course, one of my old 500MHz P3s runs CMBO pretty well, too, and these days it's worth maybe $400... maybe. :D

Originally posted by Diceman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lcm1947:

Depends on your motherboard. If you can take advantage of 4X AGP then it might be worth an upgrade. My motherboard can only handle 2X AGP so I see no reason to upgrade since the card is already more than the AGP slot can take advantage of already.

Are you running direct X 7 or higher, and if so are you getting keybug check errors when the card memory is maxed out? I just reformatted my hard drive, and I'm still getting these errors, and I suspect it’s the drivers on the card causing the problem, in spite of the fact I have the latest ones (which are still old in computer gadget time).</font>

Boy I think I screwed that above quote up. Anyway to answer your question Diceman. Yes I have direct X 7 and no I am not having any problems with it. As far as motherboard I haven't the slightest idea what it is but I do have a 850 MHz AMD processor with 192 Ram. Only 20 Meg. hard drive. Thanks for the reply.

900MHZ kit machine AMD Athlon processor - 256 MB RAM - 64MB Radeon video card - Altec Lansing Speaker system - 19" Sony Trinitron Flat monitor - 50X CD-ROM drive. No problems at all running CM:BO full of mods. Almost every vehicle, terrain, building, and even skyscapes are modded.

Hope that this is enough to run CM:BB, but if it isn't I will definitely drop the money down to buy a system that has enough horsepower to do it.

Sorry about that Cos!

Actually, the 42" Sony is a flat screen HDTV with a couple of VGA connectors, as well as an RGB set of connectors. It was computer ready and its what convinced me to spill the bucks for it, not being too much a TV watcher. Now my 21" NEC gets no use at all.

The only problem with it is it causes neck ache when reading email smile.gif

Plus, at $8,000 a piece, they are not going like hot cakes. Lets hope idiots like me help the price to push even further down, in a year or two.

Originally posted by JMcGuire:

Pentium 4 Northwood B at 2.82GHz on an Abit IT7 MAX legacy-free motherboard, 512MB of Corsair XMS3000 RAM at the full 663MHz bus speed, a Gainward Golden Sample Ti4600 GeForce 4 (AGP4X w/ 128MB aperature), and two ATA/133 80GB WD HDD's w/8MB-cache, RAID-striped as one 147GB drive. Oh yeah, and a LinkSys LNE100TX 200Mbps FDX network card, all in a keen brushed aluminum Lian Li case which my wife bought me. And a partridge in a pear tree. Hey, you asked.

I'm not sure I wanted to know this...

What a beast you have there, CM:BB will look great on your kit !

I've the following:

1400 TB running at 1050 (heat issue here :( )

256 Mb RAM

Geforce 2 GTS 32 Mb

SB Live ! Player 5.1 with headphones

Win XP home

17 " display

30 Gb HD

...and of 'course my dearest 256 ADSL ! :D

My current financial situation being as it is, I'm not looking into updating in the distant future...Should I win the lottery, I'd like to swap both my display and GF 2 into something more classy, but I propably manage with CM BB, so why bother ? smile.gif I won't be playing other games after it's released, thats for sure ! :D

Hey PE, I had a heat issue on my 1.4 T-Bird, causing the computer to shut down at 150' (CMBO was the only game that caused this)

Anyhow, I bought a new Heatsink/fan and another case fan, used the Arctic Silver, and NO MORE HEAT PROBLEMS!!! Get a new heatsink. Even the really good ones are only 15-20 dollars.

Incidentally, the computer guy told me that this particular processor is the hottest one ever made :eek:

Hewlett-Packard 6645C

566 mhz Celeron

14.2 GB hard drive

191 MB RAM (PC100)

default 12MB Shared VRAM

default soundcard

17" normal KDS Visual Sensations monitor

Altec Lansing speakers (18 watt woofer)

The VRAM pretty much forces me to use low-res terrain/smoke/etc. (fine), and I can still use hi-res AFV, uniforms, etc., which is good. Someday I'm going to override the (PCI-only!) video, and put in a PCI GeForce II-MMX 64MB, and then I should be CM:BB capable.

[ July 07, 2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]