Peng, I Challenge you to a breathalyzer test

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

That long, protruding thing in the bottom photo is not a Yeknod, but a tree branch that violated the sanctity of the office of She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Wow, it looks like that tree branch just missed the door to Seanachai's guest room!</font>

[serious]To all the well-wishers . . .

Thank you for the good thoughts and wishes, but I really need to make something clear: I was not in an accident of any sort, involving or not involving a forest creature.

I know this disappoints Lars who longs for the death of these furry friends as some people long for the return of their loved ones from overseas.

I simply used the description as a way of pointing out how life can throw obstacles at you at times when all looks good, and can do so in such a way as to make avoiding the problem difficult and messy at best.

When that happens, one must simply marvel at the universe, and strongly consider taking Seanachai up on his offer of brown-bag booze (Boone's Farm, anyone?) next to a nude statute under a bridge in Souix City.

That is all.[/serious]

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Thank you for the good thoughts and wishes, but I really need to make something clear: I was not in an accident of any sort, involving or not involving a forest creature.

I know this disappoints Lars who longs for the death of these furry friends as some people long for the return of their loved ones from overseas.

You always were a disappointment, MrSpkr.

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:

MrSpkr

You owe me a turn, you loon.

I hope your defenders suffer from hayfever.

-Buzzsaw

Pillock. I sent you a turn last night. What more do you want?

At least, however, you are a rather consistent turn sending Pillock, unlikd the other 99% of my PBEM opponents WHO ALL OWE ME A TURN!**

Steve

Pillock. I sent you a turn last night. What more do you want?

Steve

That you send it to the right email address the first time. Is that too much to ask?

Since I've been given the "honor" of playtesting your module, I'm trying to keep the turn rate up. Best if we finish it before CM3 comes out. Must say, however, that the scenario is a real snoozer so far.

MrSpkr, your problem dear sir (or rather the ONE problem that we choose to discuss THIS time, with the plethora available we could do one a page and still be at it come Easter) is that you are IN Texas but not OF Texas.

You must find the TRUE TEXAN in your soul, commune with the defenders of the Alamo, have a drink with Judge Roy Bean (and say hello to my great grand pappy while you're at it, he'll be the tall skinny Irishman in the corner, answers to Simon Shaw though I'd recommend you just call him MISTER Shaw), float the Pecos, tip your hat to the lads who won Texan independence at San Jacinto and perhaps even take a stroll along the decks of the U.S.S. Texas while you're there.

You'll be the better man for it.

As for the rest of you lot, I'll be home tomorrow sometime but have work and may not get turns out ... no whining this time damnit, act like men for a change.

Joe

At least, however, you are a rather consistent turn sending Pillock, unlikd the other 99% of my PBEM opponents WHO ALL OWE ME A TURN!**

Steve

I sent mine last night, but I don't really think you'll want to see it. I can't imagine the shame you must feel as my Italian wave rolls over your line of dug in defenders.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...have a drink with Judge Roy Bean (and say hello to my great grand pappy while you're at it, he'll be the tall skinny Irishman in the corner, answers to Simon Shaw though I'd recommend you just call him MISTER Shaw)...

Was that the guy who was cleaning out the chamberpots in the movie?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Drum your fingers during other people’s presentations.

Now sod off.

[serious]To all the well-wishers . . .

A huge sigh of relief went up around the world, knowing that no forest creatures had actually been harmed in the making of MrSkr's allegory.

When that happens, one must simply marvel at the universe, and strongly consider taking Seanachai up on his offer of brown-bag booze (Boone's Farm, anyone?) next to a nude statute under a bridge in Souix City.

Steve

It's Sioux Falls, but one way of saying 'nowhere at all' is as good as another, I suppose.

That bottle is waiting for both of us, MrSpkr. But please, we will be drinking something better than Boone's Farm. I have my standards, you know.

OK, look, maybe I was a little pissed yesterday. I wound up( unintentionally) insulting an Israeli, whining like a little girl about variable turn ending, and then got a royal spanking by Steve himself for questioning how quickly my pixellated pansies get tired. Oy vay.

You should've seen the pathetic emails I sent to OGSF. He had to explain Guderian's doctrine to me, if you can believe that. I'm going to lay low today, I think. Unless that Hortlund chap shows up, but I think I finally heard the "Bzzt" against the bright-blue-light with that one.

The only good thing is that Fair Delaney checked out Red Tide Rising from the library for me, so in a few minutes I get to step outside, burn one, and start that fine book, which I haven't read since the Wall came down.