Boots & Tracks - A Fond Farewell to our Fearless Leader, SuperTed

From the Boots and Tracks site's latest update:

SuperTed:

Finally, I am going to be stepping down as team leader of Boots & Tracks, effective August 1.

It should be noted that this is a Boots and Tracks exclusive thing - he isn't leaving the community or his position as CMHQ guy or anything like that, but it still has significant meaning to those of us on the team.

I wanted to use this space to thank Ted for all the time and effort he's put into the team during his time as Team Captain. Ted is a stand-up guy, amazingly reliable and hardworking, and an all around good dude. He has had a positive impact on all involved in the team, and his presence will be sorely missed.

Thanks, man. You kick ass.

Scott

SuperTed, be sure to hand out the wine to the rest of the B/T crew when you receive it ... ;) (send as a "thank you" for B/T's RoW II scenarios)

We don't want you to retire drunk buddy... :D

[ July 31, 2002, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Ted's a great guy, never seen very many other people who have worked as hard as he has. Running Newbies tournament, doing the News at CMHQ, and running B&T up till tomorrow. Well, all I can say is thank you, Ted for all your hard work, so we can be informed, and have tons of great scenarios to play.

SuperTed, along with Kinch and Wild Bill from Boots & Tracks almost did more to get the Scenario Database refined, filled out and up and running on B&T than I did. SuperTed was a hard driving ruthless take no prisoners type, but unfortunately for everyone involved I survived anyways. tongue.gif And for the last time Ted...I do NOT have an accent.

My thanks to all of them again, and the best of luck to Scott in your new role.

Harv

I said it privately, and I'll say it on the Forum:

Thanks for leading the team, Ted, and for inviting me to be a member.

And a hearty welcome to our new leader! Scott has big shoes to fill, but I think he'll lead B&T in the same fine fashion that WB and Ted have. smile.gif