MODs & MODers' Pic of the Week:

This week pic is Marco Bergman's Achilles.

While still a Work In Progress, the quality of this MOD is amazing.

Here is a screen shot for you while we are waiting for its release:

AchillesPOTW.jpg

So much talent can only be rewarded by some feedback.

Thank you then for your hard work and dedication Marco...

So you understood?!

:D

When I first contributed to CM Outpost, I considered it to be the best CM site around.

The only thing which was lacking in my view was a vertical reviewing of a complete range of MODs.

That's what I pioneered when I did the Hetzers.

Since then I have said to many MODers that the apparent demise of CM Outpost and its comparison shots, plus the AWOLness of Old Dog's CM Central and its sneak previews was a serious blow to the MODing Community and a missing tool for the MODs Sluts.

That's what I aim to provide to the best of my meager abilities.

Reviews.

Sneaks.

Stupid French jokes...

And since it's called MODs AND MODers, and in order to give it a MODer's Touch, there are and will be articles about MODing.

That's all.

Now go tell MARCO how nice his work is.

I am just the one posting the pics here...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Well, PawBroon, what about it?<hr></blockquote>

It's Manx's idea and tool.

He isn't AWOL nor has he dropped the gloves.

Best guesstimate is that either the work load at CMHQ is overwhelming (he should start from scratch and do as his previous site was really) or that Real Life has intruded.

That list was one of the many, and I mean MANY, things that made Manx's site a jewel CM site amongst his peer and far superior to any "Officially Sponsored" sites.

So to keep it short, if that list is to fall years behind in overhaul, I'll take over.

But quite frankly I trust Manx and it wouldn't surprise me that CMHQ strikes back with a vengeance.

If not now, then at least CMBB will do that to it.

So far CMHQ has become a FTP site.

A common Hard Disk.

People post direct links to folder, skipping what ever work the guys there have put in the site.

MODs are hosted without so much of a pic or a description.

But still, I think it to be temporary.

MODs & MODers is to be a catalogue of MODs that are and of those that will.

So far the only links are to sites, not files.

If I was to link directly to files or to manage such a list against Manx's willingness, then it would devoid my site of its purpose.

To be a Complementary tool.

I do not believe in stepping on other people's toes.

In a near future, because I'm working fast on it, all MODs would have been reviewed.

That's like a list really.

It will be presented like a summary or a list anyway (Sorted by MODs and by MODers).

Manx would host them and direct MOD Sluts to where they would be while I would have simply provided a visual aid to know what's in that said list.

Said it on an above post, I want to give back to the Community a set of tools which were taken away from them.

Not take over the whole CM Sites business.

Glad you are having Faith in me.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: PawBroon ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeyD:

Not to be unkind, but wrong rear engine deck.<hr></blockquote>

I'll pass along the comment.

That's why those are called Work In Progress.

If you have info or pics be sure to send them to Marco or to me so that I could forward them.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeyD:

Not to be unkind, but wrong rear engine deck.<hr></blockquote>

According to "British and American Tanks of World War II" by Chamberlain & Ellis, p140-141, Achilles Ic was based on a M10, and Achilles IIc on a M10A1. Mod shown depicts Achilles IIc as per above information. ( I do have M10 engine deck too, by the way.)

Can you provide any definiite information that the reference above is incorrect?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

According to "British and American Tanks of World War II" by Chamberlain & Ellis, p140-141, Achilles Ic was based on a M10, and Achilles IIc on a M10A1. Mod shown depicts Achilles IIc as per above information. ( I do have M10 engine deck too, by the way.)

Can you provide any definiite information that the reference above is incorrect?<hr></blockquote>

Nice comics smile.gif I like the one where the guy is escaping out the window. Reminds me of Calvin & Hobbes I used to read.