V1.02 on the distant horizon, Here is the first feature/change...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

I havn't been following this argument, so maybe this has already been discussed, but: What about increasing the size of the attacking forces instead of adding turns?

I like the big QB's, but the problem with adding more points is that both sides start to run out of ammo. I did a 5000pt Assault as the Soviet which included three platoons of ISU-152's, all of which ran out of HE ammo. At least the T-34's have good ammo. For the Germans, the StuG's also have problems in larger QB's.

cheers,

-gabe-

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

I havn't been following this argument, so maybe this has already been discussed, but: What about increasing the size of the attacking forces instead of adding turns?

I like the big QB's, but the problem with adding more points is that both sides start to run out of ammo. I did a 5000pt Assault as the Soviet which included three platoons of ISU-152's, all of which ran out of HE ammo. At least the T-34's have good ammo. For the Germans, the StuG's also have problems in larger QB's.

cheers,

-gabe-

How about increasing the ammo load for infantry? In CMBB, ammo is used up faster than it was for CMBO and yet we need more turns to complete a battle. This obviously makes for a lot of infantry squads who run out of ammo early. Not fun.

[ December 03, 2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

How about increasing the ammo load for infantry? In CMBB, ammo is used up faster than it was for CMBO and yet we need more turns to complete a battle. This obviously makes for a lot of infantry squads who run out of ammo early. Not fun.

[ December 03, 2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

I want an OOB at-a-glance screen to see my unit statuses. Yeah, yeah, I read Steve's comment that it's not in there because real-life commanders wouldn't have access to such detailed info on their units. However -- and realize I'm not as well-read in WW2 commander strategy as some of you -- but I don't think these commanders could hit CTRL-G and see the status of their units either, so where's the conflict here?

tongue.gif

Not necessarily. And besides, I'd have to buy an entire company's worth of reserves to replace the front line soldiers when they run dry.

The default turn length in CMBB will be adjusted to 40 turns. This obviously signifies that more turns are needed to complete a full game and still have things like flanking involved in battles. No way infantry teams right now will last anywhere near 40 turns.

Plus, aren't squads firing at a faster rate in up-close battles? Not sure if that's just MG's or not but I've noticed my men seem to blow out their supply a lot faster in CMBB than they did in CMBO.

I want an OOB at-a-glance screen to see my unit statuses. Yeah, yeah, I read Steve's comment that it's not in there because real-life commanders wouldn't have access to such detailed info on their units. However -- and realize I'm not as well-read in WW2 commander strategy as some of you -- but I don't think these commanders could hit CTRL-G and see the status of their units either, so where's the conflict here?

tongue.gif

Not necessarily. And besides, I'd have to buy an entire company's worth of reserves to replace the front line soldiers when they run dry.

The default turn length in CMBB will be adjusted to 40 turns. This obviously signifies that more turns are needed to complete a full game and still have things like flanking involved in battles. No way infantry teams right now will last anywhere near 40 turns.

Plus, aren't squads firing at a faster rate in up-close battles? Not sure if that's just MG's or not but I've noticed my men seem to blow out their supply a lot faster in CMBB than they did in CMBO.

Please consider the following:

Remove the "hard" switch from turning to panning when moving the mouse down the edge of the screen. Add a transition zone, where panning and turning are happening at the same time, at a rate relative to the vertical cursor position!!

Regards,

Thomm

Please consider the following:

Remove the "hard" switch from turning to panning when moving the mouse down the edge of the screen. Add a transition zone, where panning and turning are happening at the same time, at a rate relative to the vertical cursor position!!

Regards,

Thomm