V1.02 on the distant horizon, Here is the first feature/change...

Steve says:

"The default 30 turn recomendation for QBs is just a number we plucked out of the air in CMBO. It

worked fairly well, but I agree it should be bumpped up even though players can judge for themselves

what it should be. I asked Charles to boost it to 40 for 1.02."

read Steve's comments on v1.02 here smile.gif

Just thought I would update the rest of the board that may not be interested in following 11 pages of "debate" on CMBB Infantry Modeling ;)

posted for entertainment value only

your milage may vary

-tom w

[ November 22, 2002, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve says:

"The default 30 turn recomendation for QBs is just a number we plucked out of the air in CMBO. It

worked fairly well, but I agree it should be bumpped up even though players can judge for themselves

what it should be. I asked Charles to boost it to 40 for 1.02."

read Steve's comments on v1.02 here smile.gif

Just thought I would update the rest of the board that may not be interested in following 11 pages of "debate" on CMBB Infantry Modeling ;)

posted for entertainment value only

your milage may vary

-tom w

[ November 22, 2002, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

That feature blows me out of the water.

Especially if I'm bored while waiting for this %&^%&& HP to build before I can go home to make auto-sneak-exhaustion tests.

Um...

since I don't (edit oops smile.gif ) know you personally...

And I can't really be sure from your post....

Can I ask if that was a sarcastic post?

smile.gif

-tom w

[ November 22, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

That feature blows me out of the water.

Especially if I'm bored while waiting for this %&^%&& HP to build before I can go home to make auto-sneak-exhaustion tests.

Um...

since I don't (edit oops smile.gif ) know you personally...

And I can't really be sure from your post....

Can I ask if that was a sarcastic post?

smile.gif

-tom w

[ November 22, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

2 bug fixes/changes I would like to have for Biltong's Campaign Rule purposes. They might even be in the patch - don't know - haven't downloaded it yet.

Note: these problems won't affect anyone except BCR players

1) The Temperature setting in the QB generator does not 'remember' the last entry like all the others - Since BCR players use the QB twice in a row (reusing the 1st settings) they have to remember to go and check this setting which changes randomly.

2) I only checked this once - I might be wrong:

When setting the friendly map edges in the map generator(say N/S) the forces still seem to be placed West/East?

Need this to be able to use the same map for different Battle Types

As I said - no big deal for no-one except BCR players, so if it goes to the bottom of the list, we shall suffer in silence.. :rolleyes:

2 bug fixes/changes I would like to have for Biltong's Campaign Rule purposes. They might even be in the patch - don't know - haven't downloaded it yet.

Note: these problems won't affect anyone except BCR players

1) The Temperature setting in the QB generator does not 'remember' the last entry like all the others - Since BCR players use the QB twice in a row (reusing the 1st settings) they have to remember to go and check this setting which changes randomly.

2) I only checked this once - I might be wrong:

When setting the friendly map edges in the map generator(say N/S) the forces still seem to be placed West/East?

Need this to be able to use the same map for different Battle Types

As I said - no big deal for no-one except BCR players, so if it goes to the bottom of the list, we shall suffer in silence.. :rolleyes:

My 2 wishes:

1) In 1.01 the highest possible quick battle turn count was increased to 120. Could it be possible to reduce the lower limit from current 20 to 10 or at least to 15?

This would be very useful if you want to play quick battles as if there were reinforcements: several short battles in a row, using the same map and troops from the previous end-of-battle save file. Ie. instead of one QB of 30 turns, you could play 2 x 15 turns.

2) Could the ShowCoveredArcs (SHIFT-X) setting remembered between games, like TreeCoverage (SHIFT-T) setting works now?

My 2 wishes:

1) In 1.01 the highest possible quick battle turn count was increased to 120. Could it be possible to reduce the lower limit from current 20 to 10 or at least to 15?

This would be very useful if you want to play quick battles as if there were reinforcements: several short battles in a row, using the same map and troops from the previous end-of-battle save file. Ie. instead of one QB of 30 turns, you could play 2 x 15 turns.

2) Could the ShowCoveredArcs (SHIFT-X) setting remembered between games, like TreeCoverage (SHIFT-T) setting works now?