Anyone else pumped up this week for CM:BB

Tiger

Tiger, Wacky, & Gunner,

"Anyone else pumped up this week for CM:BB?" Absolutely, not! :eek:

I am in 'quiet' anticipation of the shipping of CMBB. If I get too excited, I might raise my blood pressure level. That is certainly OK, I exercise a lot. :rolleyes:

However, I have waited for a couple of years, so a few days more of wait is no big deal. :D

Now that you come to think of it, I'm bouncing off of my chair with anticipation. tongue.gif :eek:

Cheers, Richard tongue.gif

[ September 15, 2002, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: PiggDogg ]

Originally posted by zukkov:

with all the pre orders i'm sure have been placed, makes me wonder how many games they can ship per day...

It's not as hard as you might think. They could probably ship a thousand or so a day. It depends on the manpower at the shipping location. I used to pick up (when I worked for Airborne Express) from world known business, Insect Lore. They would fill sometimes one and a half of our vans with packages that took quite a bit of care in preping for shipment. We're talking five to eight-hundred packages! And they were a pretty small operation (25 employees). CMBB basicly is just tossing a book and a disk into a cardboard envelope. I think they will probably ship a lot in the first two days.

And no, I'm not excited. I'M GOING FREAKING NUTS!! :eek:

What kind of wussy distro center is that. I have ran 10,000+ person mailings before in a day. Given the addresses are in a DB and the labels are computer generated, you can get tens of thousands in a day. Real question is limits on pickups and shipping from said locations.

WWB

God, if we could just catch a break and it would ship two days early, I'd have it by the weekend. As it is, I imagine it will be Sept. 25. I feel bad for you guys in Europe though. Its gonna suck for you guys when we're over here going on and on about it and y'all are sitting there drooling. Chin up guys.

I personally, no help, have packed , shipped, and prepared over 1,500 personalized shipping orders for schools in 1 day. I started at 7 and left at 4:30pm and I was done.

One of my secretaries quit...so I had to take over so things got out on time. If BFC can't do that much in 1 day...I'd be shocked...especially since shipping labels are simple with mail merges, etc.

I'd imagine that a good printer, plenty of labels, and about 3 people could do almost 5,000 in one day if they worked on it straight for 8 hours.

I'm pretty excited about it..really looking forward to the double-blind pbem match mania and designing a few scenarios. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing all the surprises BFC has probably hidden from us so far..I think the demo was probably minimal in terrain and buildings for a reason.

Ahh, but isn't BTS using a "Fulfillment House" for the shipment?

You know, the same guys that send you the rebate check *10* freakin' weeks after you mail in the rebate card on your new printer! :eek:

Seriously, I certainly hope that a few thousand go out Friday, possibility of a wonderful Monday that way, and Monday's are otherwise no fun at all. smile.gif

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I just hope Canada Customs doesn't screw us Canadian customers around. Make us pay whopping duty charges.

Shouldn't. When I ordered CMBO it was duty free since the customs sticker said the package contained $5 worth of software. Funny, that's about $80 (CAN) less than I paid for it. :D I guess for customs' sake, they only declare the actual cost of the CD and manual.

My CM-playing friend and I played golf today. We really haven't been talking about the release that much. I've been afraid to mention it too much, fearing, of course, that I will jinx the deal. We only made it to the third hole before I quietly say, "So, if the 20th is a Thursday..." and he just starts laughing. Then the flurry of predictions ensues. "If it ships on the 20th, then maybe Monday", "It'll be at least Wednesday", "How are they shipping it? UPS? USPS?".

I'm now going back to a "reverse psychology"-type theory: pretend you don't care and trick it. I used to do the same thing waiting for Christmas day as a kid. "I'm not getting anything good anyway.....I don't care about presents.....It's almost Christmas? Oh, I hadn't noticed...."

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

And the GIC demo on 9/27, full game on 10/15 :D It is a good time to be a wargamer!

Dont let Madmatt see that post . . . smile.gif

I figure that I wont be seeing the game in my mailbox until thursday or friday of next week. But, I catch myself having day dreams quite often of what I am going to do first in CMBB. Happy times.

Chad