Any interest in CMBO mods any more?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanks a lot, personally I would love to see additional MODs come out for CMBO. I dont think that there will be much interest in them for the next few months after CMBB, but once we all play that enough, I will return to the western front to play every once and awhile. And I dont think that I am going to be the only one going back that way after CMBB has been played 24/7 for 3 months.

Chad Harrison

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Ed,

When can I move into one of those? Oh, wait, those are CMBO mods aren't they? I thought you were previewing houses you wanted to sell! :eek: ;)

Seirously though, they look great. I know you modders are gonna attack CMBB when it hits our HDs, but I hope CMBO dosen't get forgotten.

Thanks Keith. I'll let you stay in the barn. ;)

To modify a quote from Field of Dreams, "If they come, I will build it".

CMBB mods ; yes !

CMBO mods ; no .

As I've had the pleasure of playing CMBO for these past two + years, now it's time for CMBB to hit my screen. Based on what I've read about CMBB, and to take to account all the secret bits that no-one has told us about, I'm pretty sure I'm finding it hard to come back to BO ever again...

Let me think. Is there any more interest in CMBO mods this close to CMBB's release? I'd ask you a question first. Does a bear dump in the woods? Of course there is interest in more mods. Always have always will be. Just because CMBB is out and we are all playing it that's no reason why many more new people won't be buying CMBO and playing it. I truely believe that the western front is the most interesting of the two fronts and as CMBB gets introduced and more people find out about it more people will be turned on to CMBO. Anyway, that's what I think and that's why I think BFC should concentrate on the engine rewrite and revisit the western front. I bet most people don't even know that there was any fighting any place else but the western front or at least have any idea or care. Call me silly if you want but that's me - silly. Now as far as the mods Tanks a Lot, best looking building so far. You are out doing yourself! Yes, I vote finish them and get them out here. Or please for the love of god email them to me but I would think there is a big demand for them and should be released. Well that is unless you have a mean streak. ;) Excellent looking!

TANK! Tank ya rascal ya, where the devil you gonna put these. I gotta have em. Beautiful, exceptional, purely artist stuff. There's even a poster on one of that lil frenchy feller.

Where, when, how, speak o master of mods...

[ August 24, 2002, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

I love mods. I even take the time to convert each one to CMM format, so I can view them outside of the game, and to show them off to people.

Please post a link to any you do, those are great.

Also tools4you, do you have the links to the armor and the terrain that its featured in? Those trees are mighty nice. The PZ is really slick, but I am not a big fan of mono at all, only reason I am didn't mention the other one.

Anyhow, the game is still on sale, CMBB is not out, and I know a bunch of people that have brushed off the dust and loaded CMBO back up. I DL'ed another 100 mods the night I re-installed mine. I am sure others are the same. A key reason I am such a big fan of CMBO is the mod community, so keep up the good work!

Wow! thanks for all the responses guys. smile.gif I wasn't expecting it. I'll have to find someone to host them.

Those are my trees in the background of tools4fools pics. So I'll forgive him for hijacking my thread. ;)

Nice looking tanks btw.

Originally posted by Juju:

Stunning, Ed, stunning. The brick building looks just like the buildings we got here.

I'm can't wait to see what you'll do to CMBB!

Thanks Juju. If it looks like a building from your country, it's because you sent me the brick texture and pictures of Dutch buildings to get started.