Few are as truly challenged as Peng

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamey Update:

Lets see....Im losing to:

Noba, Boo Radley, Speedy, Vadr, Lars, Malakovski, Nestor and Stikkypixie. Joe never responds to turns, and I think I'm holding my own against Berli, a typical round of battles for me. I'm sure my luck will change soon. The only one I was truly beating was Hortlund , but as usual he is among the missing.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Gamey Update:

... {snipped on account of how MY name wasn't mentioned} ...

Joe never responds to turns, ... {snipped ... see above} ...

How DARE you Sir, How DARE you say that about me.

Why I was just contemplating thinking about perhaps considering sending you a turn ... well, actually I was contemplating opening CMAK and playing the turn so I could send it but it's essentially the same.

Now I'm seriously considering NOT even CONTEMPLATING the possibility, that's how upset I am.

If turns don't go out it will be on YOUR head Nidan1 ... it'll roll off the pointy bit of course but it'll be there for a while.

And the rest of the lads will curse your name ... well, they'll do that in the normal course of events I imagine, I know I do, but this time they'll be specific about it ...

Damn You Nidan1, they'll shout, Damn you for upsetting Joe and now we won't get our turns and it's all on your head ... or it was till it rolled off anyway, how do you keep your hair combed with that point like that anyway?

Oh, I'm wroth now Nidan1 ... I'm wroth.

AND I'm on the road again early Monday through Thursday so you'll have all that time to think about the error of your ways ... and how to comb your hair so as to hide the point I suppose. have you considered the Martin Short approach?

10043221.jpg

Joe

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Fantasy Island? I hear the dwarf guy killed himself. Maybe they'll bring it back. For your sake, I hope so. =|

Kitty, I am embarrassed to admit that I won't be able to wear white for our wedding. </font>

Some things never change... but then there are some dim pinpoints of light. Berli posted (even if it was hippie music), and some street urchin obviously stole Seanachai's Thesarus and reduced his posts to the odd 20 words or so. A blessing for us all. And Kitty seems to be back... Hope springs eternal.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

dalem.jpg

I did an image search for dalem on Google and this is what I got. Is there something you need to tell us, dalem?

Those glasses make me look older than I am. </font>

So I'm driving to work this morning, following behind some plumber's or contractor's van, when they roll over a piece of particle board, 2 maybe 2.5 feet square. The van kicks the particle board right up into the air, where it meets the front end of my car at around 65-70MPH, immediately turning the particle board into splinters.

It was really kind of impressive, I mean this thing just disintegrated. But, remembering what a chunk of foam did to the shuttle last year, I was really afraid to look at the front of my car.

And did I mention the rage? I came real (and I mean REAL) close to ramming my car into the rear of the van. I figured the front end of my car was wrecked anyhow. But, thankfully, I didn't.

Got to work expecting...I don't know...smashed headlights, my cheapo plastic bumper shredded. Wires hanging down, but all I could find from the accident was a small scratch about 3/4" long by 1/2" wide.

And a splinter lodged between the hood and the fender.

I figure the particle board was laying on the highway during the rainstorm we had early this morning and it soaked up a lot of water making it softer than it normally would be.

Got off pretty easy.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

...all I could find from the accident was a small scratch about 3/4" long by 1/2" wide.

And a splinter lodged between the hood and the fender.

Got off pretty easy.

Darn. Do you know how long it took for me to stage that incident?

Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

Steve

Just think of all the times in life where something happened to you, that could have been catastrophic or deadly, but turned out benign for no particular reason.....life is a game of inches...we are all lucky to be still breathing.

Speedy: Anything less than 70 mph and further away than 2 car lengths is not a typical rush hour for around here.

MrSpkr: Or should I say "Wiley Coyote"? Once again, your absolute ineptitude is paraded before the public.

Some thing's never change.

Nidan: Some more so than others. How's it go? "God looks after fools, drunkards and the cataclysmically stoned"

And sometimes clueless photographers in Akron (Say it with PRIDE!), Ohio.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Damn You Nidan1, they'll shout, Damn you for upsetting Joe and now we won't get our turns and it's all on your head ... or it was till it rolled off anyway, how do you keep your hair combed with that point like that anyway?

No Joe , I think they'll praise me, no they'll shout my name on high... thank you Nidan, they will say....thank you for finally exposing that no turn sending, knuckle dragging Justicar for what he truly is...a no turn sending, knuckle dragging Justicar.

Thats what they will say, Joe , for they have known it all along, but did not have the words to say it.

Hurricane?

What Hurricane?

OH, the one that has left me without power in my home for

<big><big><big>THREE FECKIN DAYS</big></big></big>

Not to mention the fence is down, the trees are limbless, and the pool has more lumber in it than the local hardware store.

Thank Gawd for work, where the drinks are cold and the food is hot instead of the other way around.

I may work late today, unless my wife calls to say that the power is back on.

Oh, in case you haven't heard:

IT'S FECKIN HOT IN FLORIDA IN AUGUST

PS-No turns for awhile. Just pretend I'm Joe Shaw and you'll probably not even notice.

Glad to hear you pulled through Boggsy. Not that I had any real doubts. You're just too unbelievably annoying to be gotten rid of that easy.

Lars: Yes, you beat me with your gamey Panther and your gamey flanking maneuvers and your gamey gaminess. The possibility of you going into the editor and fixing it so you would win no matter what has not slipped my attention either.

On a similar note, I trounced dalem 98-2 in "Cat and Mouse".

Always a good time.

(BTW, that was 98-2, in case I forgot to mention it. 98-2.)