• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

{snipped the heresy)

You, sir, are a...

Look at that I'm being treated like a honorary knight, though honour has nothing to do with it,… sir 37mm …I like it </font>

Oh, no you don't Shaw! You don't get to come in here with your fake Kinko's document that still reeks of Crayolas and try to pull the old flim-flam-wham-bam-thankee-maam-toe-jam on ME! Or my Squire for that matter!

I think we all know who has the cold nose around here. Or maybe I'm thinking about cold feet... clay feet... ?

Something.

The lad has abided by ALL the rules in the Peng Challenge Thread (My CessPool tis of thee...) He has been gracious to the Ladies, has used both wit and vitriol in his posts, has confounded those more slow than he (and don't think for a moment I'm not looking directly at YOU, Joe), has submitted an AAR that veritably sang to the heavens above, successfully completed a Quest given to him by none other than Seanachai (He's an Olde One, in case you've forgotten) and is even now working on his mandatory 5 battles against other members of the MBT!

So you'll not be floating one of your patented Joe Shaw air muffins THIS way!

I'll have you know that I am THIS CLOSE to putting him up for Kaniggethood RIGHT NOW! (You couldn't see, but I was holding my thumb and first finger really, really close together)

So just BACK OFF! Because I know where you live and I can be there in a little over a thrice.

And I'll be wearing squeaky shoes...

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Oh, no you don't Shaw! You don't get to come in here with your fake Kinko's document that still reeks of Crayolas and try to pull the old flim-flam-wham-bam-thankee-maam-toe-jam on ME! Or my Squire for that matter!

I think we all know who has the cold nose around here. Or maybe I'm thinking about cold feet... clay feet... ?

Something.

The lad has abided by ALL the rules in the Peng Challenge Thread (My CessPool tis of thee...) He has been gracious to the Ladies, has used both wit and vitriol in his posts, has confounded those more slow than he (and don't think for a moment I'm not looking directly at YOU, Joe), has submitted an AAR that veritably sang to the heavens above, successfully completed a Quest given to him by none other than Seanachai (He's an Olde One, in case you've forgotten) and is even now working on his mandatory 5 battles against other members of the MBT!

So you'll not be floating one of your patented Joe Shaw air muffins THIS way!

I'll have you know that I am THIS CLOSE to putting him up for Kaniggethood RIGHT NOW! (You couldn't see, but I was holding my thumb and first finger really, really close together)

So just BACK OFF! Because I know where you live and I can be there in a little over a thrice.

And I'll be wearing squeaky shoes...

Oh good heavens Boo my dear friend I am DISTRAUGHT!

I have NO idea how that membership card could have had that happen to it. Certainly I can think of NO good reason for cancelling his membership and am perfectly AGHAST at the outcome.

I want you to know that I am PERSONALLY looking into the matter and you may be ASSURED that I will be taking SWIFT and CERTAIN ACTION to rectify the problem. The miscreants will be PUNISHED of that you may be sure.

In the meantime, of course, young 37mm (spelt but not bolded) will not be able to use his membership card since it's been so defaced and until a full and complete investigation is complete we certainly can't provide him with the privleges and benefits normally accorded a Squire in good standing since, well you can see by his card, he's not ... currently in good standing that is.

BUT I ASSURE you that my office will leave no stone unturned in our efforts.

Joe

Tut, tut, Joseph! I'm sure my Squire will not even miss the privledges... such as they are.

It's too bad, really. And after all the trouble he'd gone through orchestrating the First Annual Huzzah for the Justicariat Masquerade Ball and Stenographers Talent Show A- Go-Go.

But, I guess there's nothing to be done then, is there.

So sad... all that Lagavulin single malt whisky will just have to go back to the store, along with the several cases of shrimp coctail, prime rib, imported ale and what-nots.

I just hope he can get the deposits back on the Stenographer's thongs...

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

The document is genuine. The Justicar, after all, would never falsify an official document, nor would an Olde One lie

Originally posted by Lars:

Proving that CM can still be a challenge, my esteemed opponent just pulled off a brilliant maneuver and decimated my entire Stuart platoon and bagged a Sherman to boot. All in one turn.

Of course, it wasn't any of you lot, but there you go.

Was it Kerchberger?

Originally posted by Noba:

Humphrey was hopelessly overated.

You modelled yourself on him, didn't you?

Noba.

No, you idiot. I've modeled my entire life on Captain Renault, the Claude Rains character.

You can only count to two when you've mittens on, right? Not that any of you Aussies are ever manly enough to live in a climate that calls for mittens.

Originally posted by 37mm:

• Six pages of nicety, hugs & sing-along’s hardly Pengish is it?

When you finally arrive, you little lackwit, you'll realize that hate is the sincerest form of a hug, and vice versa.

Do you think I would bother hating those who're not significant to me?

Most of you don't raise a ripple on either my intellect, nor my emotions. The day I hate you, lad, will be the day you've arrived. Until then, don't presume to understand hatred.

Ponce about making angry faces at the other new arrivals, but leave 'hatred' to your betters. After all, 'hatred is simply love with it's back turned'.

You've yet to reach the level of 'annoying with a right good will'. Hatred is quite beyond you.

The Gout makes me angry. And fretful. And bored.

Not as bored as most of you lot make me, but certainly it diminishes my enjoyment of the world. So I'm not going up North this weekend. Partly because putting a shoe on hurts (almost as much as reading some of the tedium posted in the name of 'taunting' here hurts), but mainly because you lot need direction.

I was chatting with Moriarity tonight, and he said something very interesting. He told me that the depth to which I hated you all was a measure of my concern for you all.

Okay, he didn't actually say that at all. I inferred it from his various other interesting statements. On the best day most of you insects have, you couldn't be as interesting as Moriarity. And I don't say that to build him up, but rather, to denigrate you as you so rightly deserve.

So, since you're no more capable of weighing in on the side of righteousness and truth than a duck-billed platypus is of writing the Great American Novel, I shall simply proceed as it amuses me to proceed.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Humphrey was hopelessly overated.

You modelled yourself on him, didn't you?

Noba.

No, you idiot. I've modeled my entire life on Captain Renault, the Claude Rains character.

You can only count to two when you've mittens on, right? Not that any of you Aussies are ever manly enough to live in a climate that calls for mittens. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

You can only count to two when you've mittens on, right? Not that any of you Aussies are ever manly enough to live in a climate that calls for mittens.

Damn straight. Even if was freezing cold we wouldn't commit ourselves to wearing mittens.

Mittens is a such an obviously pommie sounding word! *shudders*

btw I can count to 4 with gloves and shoes on.

What's more I could count to 5 and do a great elephant impersonation at the same time if I turn my trouser pockets out....but only after a few drinks.

Mace

Originally posted by Noba:

Move to Australia.

No. I don't wish to bring down the 'tone' of the place.

Do you lot know what my Christmas Eve ritual was, for many, many years? I used to settle into bed, and read Tolkien's 'Farmer Giles of Ham' all the way through.

I didn't do it this year. I don't know why.

I think I will do it on New Year's Eve, instead.

To all those of you idjits that have children, I wish for them to have a new, and good year to grow up in. Perhaps it's hearing about how many children perished on the rim of the Indian Ocean this past week. I was talking with my friend tonight, the Mum of Small Emma, and she was going on about 'and the water comes, and you've got your child in one arm, and you're holding on to something with the other, and your child is swept away.' And then she started to cry.

I had to go off to the bathroom for a long time.

Mind, I was merely blowing my nose. I'm not tender-hearted, or anything. I've been ill.

Damn gout. Makes me all edgy, and irritable.

[ December 30, 2004, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Well, sod that all for a lark. Here's a singsong for all you lot. I like it. It's my New Year's wish and song for all of your miserable arses...

Here's tae yir ain kith and kin

here's tae your sisters and brothers

those wi' the bonnie blue e'en

and the hundreds and thousands of others

of them that are happy and glad

and those who would never say never

rarely downcast and sad

may you prosper forever and ever

Here's tae the lads o' the fair

and their lassies that rove in the morning

here's tae the gullible pair

never listening nor heeding the warning