Nolloff vs Determinant

John Kettler vs Londoner

Panther Commander vs Brent Pollack

Dangerous Dave vs Walpurgis Night

Larsen vs Nidan1

31 out of 180 total (17%)

[ March 21, 2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

shock trooper,

I verified I had the right turn, zipped it, and sent it to you. Just got it back--bounced. Judging from the below, I think it's something to do with your antispam software. Have removed our E-mail addresses but left everything else intact.

Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net

Arrival-Date: 20 Mar 2004 6:48:05 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <address removed by JK>

Action: failed

Status: 5.1.0 MAIL FROM: <address removed by JK> 550 REPLY:

550_5.7.1_Mail_from_216.148.227.85_refused_by_blackhole_site_spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net._Contact_your_ISP.

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other address status

Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:48:12 -0000

Ace Pilot,

Check your E-mail.

Regards,

John Kettler

shock trooper,

I verified I had the right turn, zipped it, and sent it to you. Just got it back--bounced. Judging from the below, I think it's something to do with your antispam software. Have removed our E-mail addresses but left everything else intact.

550_5.7.1_Mail_from_216.148.227.85_refused_by_blackhole_site_spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net._Contact_your_ISP.

Ace Pilot,

Check your E-mail.

Regards,

John Kettler

shock trooper,

Ace Pilot,

Check your E-mail.

Regards,

John Kettler

I have no idea what blackhole antispam is. I do know it is not on my computer. Redo my profile and email address, maybe that is corrupted or has been changed somehow. I don't understand why you were able to email me with that txt. file but can't send an email with an attachment. Also try sending me a normal email to see if that goes through. I'll check my side again.

I have no idea what blackhole antispam is. I do know it is not on my computer. Redo my profile and email address, maybe that is corrupted or has been changed somehow. I don't understand why you were able to email me with that txt. file but can't send an email with an attachment. Also try sending me a normal email to see if that goes through. I'll check my side again.

Blackhole or "open relay" spam protection work using databases on the Internet which store IP addresses of computers which have been known to send spam.

John's sending ISP has been identified as such a spam-sending machine, made it into the database and is hence locked from sending any mail to receiving sites using this database.

John needs to call tech support of his ISP. His ISP needs to contact the maintainers of this database to explain what happened why. Usually an ISP is taken off these blacklists when they make any kind of direct contact and explain why past spam may have happened and what they changed to prevent it for the future.

If John's ISP refuses to do that John needs a new ISP, more and more sites use database-driven spamfilters like these.

Blackhole or "open relay" spam protection work using databases on the Internet which store IP addresses of computers which have been known to send spam.

John's sending ISP has been identified as such a spam-sending machine, made it into the database and is hence locked from sending any mail to receiving sites using this database.

John needs to call tech support of his ISP. His ISP needs to contact the maintainers of this database to explain what happened why. Usually an ISP is taken off these blacklists when they make any kind of direct contact and explain why past spam may have happened and what they changed to prevent it for the future.

If John's ISP refuses to do that John needs a new ISP, more and more sites use database-driven spamfilters like these.

Okay, finally getting around to sending in my first ever ROW game result. According to the ROW www site:

"Game Report email needs to have the subject, "Game Report". The body of the email must contain the following information:

Tourney Number (1-3), Scenario Title, Your username on this forum, the side you played, your score, your opponent's username and his score."

If I've got a handle on this, the tourney number is actually 4 (for ROW IV)...or is this actuall y supposed to be the Round Number? Also, I'm guessing that the score you report is the percentage, not the actual raw total.

Okay, finally getting around to sending in my first ever ROW game result. According to the ROW www site:

"Game Report email needs to have the subject, "Game Report". The body of the email must contain the following information:

Tourney Number (1-3), Scenario Title, Your username on this forum, the side you played, your score, your opponent's username and his score."

If I've got a handle on this, the tourney number is actually 4 (for ROW IV)...or is this actuall y supposed to be the Round Number? Also, I'm guessing that the score you report is the percentage, not the actual raw total.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

An example:

ROW IV - South of Vevi

King (axis) - 65

Fish (allied) - 35

That's interesting, I thought the super sophisticated scoring system you used, had a better plan than just 65-35. Is there more to it than that or is that it? :confused:

Panther Commander