System Requirements?

I have a 700 MHz machine, 128 MB RAM. If I'm wasting my time waiting, tell me now...

Well, you should be able to run CMBB on that. Although you might want to keep battles to below 1250 points as my 750 struggles with more stuff than that.

If you have any kind of graphics card, that will make life easier. RAM is still pi$$ cheap so if you pick up another 128 (Or a 256 stick) that will make the world of difference.

If you have trouble finding someone willing to play small scale battles, let me know... I like <1000 point battles.

I've got a PIII 700mhz w/256MB of RAM and a 64MB NVidia GeForce 3 card. I don't have any problems running CMBB; HUGE battles sometimes take a bit of time to load though.

If you have a decent vid card, and get a bit more RAM, CMAK will probably run fine on your machine. I also keep my system pretty clean, so my system resources aren't hogged by unused programs running in the background.

CMAK is a bit harder on the video card than CMBB, mainly because of dust and some higher poly-count models. Dust will be especially hard on the high-ram TNT card holders, they never could do transparencies no matter how much vram they had.

Still, it ran quite nicely on a Celeron 800mhz w/384mb RAM & a GeForce 2MX, while that celeron was running SQL Server, IIS, Roger Wilco Base Station & MySQL.

So, in summary, biggest variable really is the video card. Machine speed does not come into play until one gets to larger battles and even then it is just a matter of a blue bar taking longer or shorter. Best advice is to play the demo, if you dont like how it works, you will not like how CMAK works.

WWB

PS: And, just for better computing experience in general, I would highly reccomend more RAM. It is dirt cheap these days.

[ October 23, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: WWB ]

• 2 weeks later...

STILL no Mac OSX support??

Great Zeus - Apple released the THIRD major evolution of OSX recently (Panther). New Macs aren't even capable of running the old OS9 any more. (Who is Battlefront expecting to sell the Mac version to?) OS9 was declared dead by Apple YEARS ago.

Still no CMBB sale from me yet as I wait for Battlefront to get serious about Mac development and there won't be a CMAK sale from me either - not when it will only run on an OS that was ended by it's creator (Apple) two years ago!

Its called an old game engine. BFC is going to make CMX2 OSX compatable, but it would take far to long to do so with the current one. Get a nice cheap sceond hand Mac and stop wining. Anyway its the guys at Apple that chose to get ride of RAVE that you should blame not BFC. When BFC asked Apple if they would continue to support RAVE before OSX came out they said yes and then changed their minds.

[ November 05, 2003, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

I have a P3/550, 256Mb RAM, 32Mb video card and CMBB runs reasonably well on that. Battles tend to be slow when the battle size goes much above 1500 points, at least when the damage setting is high, but I tend to avoid large battles anyway.

I'm not happy to hear that CMAK is harder on the graphics card, but I guess that's an inevitable development.

Hey dudes, I'm running a mac with a measley 300mhz with a 16 meg video card and am having loads of fun running the Beta, smoke, dust, and all!!!! ...okay, admittedly with a little downsampling.

My point is you'd have to have a REALLY low end machine ...or the wrong type video card ...or running mac OSX, to be scared off by CMAK.

[ November 05, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Hey dudes, I'm running a mac with a measley 300mhz with a 16 meg video card and am having loads of fun running the Beta, smoke, dust, and all!!!! ...okay, admittedly with a little downsampling.

Music to my ears. I can forestall going over to the dark side for a little while longer.