Allied Normandy TD?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andreas le Ungullible saw through it :D

Buq-Buq - was right that it was a Yugoslavian conversion

Original piccie

Credit for the deception goes to a "...brigade mechanic named Vlajko suggested that they use the captured weapons to upgrade the Stuarts. The upgrades simply removed the turrets and added supports for the guns as well as some armor to protect the crew. The tank destroyer version with the Pak 40 lasted throughout the campaign and were encountered by New Zealand troops in the contested city of Trieste at the end of the war."

Well grog spotted with the girls as they came from this wedding pic which served also as the backgound: http://www.beneden.com/wedding/france/normandy/

The German cross was a subtle distraction - Nought wrong Mr Emrys' eyes

TC and standing squaddie from here

_38427745_theoffice_150.jpg

MadMatt or Ricky Gervais? ;)

Andreas le Ungullible saw through it :D

Buq-Buq - was right that it was a Yugoslavian conversion

Original piccie

Credit for the deception goes to a "...brigade mechanic named Vlajko suggested that they use the captured weapons to upgrade the Stuarts. The upgrades simply removed the turrets and added supports for the guns as well as some armor to protect the crew. The tank destroyer version with the Pak 40 lasted throughout the campaign and were encountered by New Zealand troops in the contested city of Trieste at the end of the war."

Well grog spotted with the girls as they came from this wedding pic which served also as the backgound: http://www.beneden.com/wedding/france/normandy/

The German cross was a subtle distraction - Nought wrong Mr Emrys' eyes

TC and standing squaddie from here

_38427745_theoffice_150.jpg

MadMatt or Ricky Gervais? ;)

No, not an M8. For one thing now bow window/hatches for the driver! I think I see an angled hull, which would make it M3A3. Its certainly got M3A3 grouser stowage.

This definitely isn't U.S., either. I don't think the M3A1 Stuart behind it ever made it into Europe in U.S. service. I'd vote Yugoslavia, myself!

No, not an M8. For one thing now bow window/hatches for the driver! I think I see an angled hull, which would make it M3A3. Its certainly got M3A3 grouser stowage.

This definitely isn't U.S., either. I don't think the M3A1 Stuart behind it ever made it into Europe in U.S. service. I'd vote Yugoslavia, myself!