Allied Normandy TD?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chassis is an M8 HMC. You can see where they cut off the front of the turret. The gun looks like a PAK 40, has its muzzle brake and is the right size etc. I'd say some enterprising cavalryman traded in his stubby 75mm for a captured German one for AT work.

The chassis is an M8 HMC. You can see where they cut off the front of the turret. The gun looks like a PAK 40, has its muzzle brake and is the right size etc. I'd say some enterprising cavalryman traded in his stubby 75mm for a captured German one for AT work.

Yeah, I think that I'd have to agree with Andreas here . . . although by the looks of it, the Major should be demoted. His work isn't that good here.

The idea prolly comes from the Yugoslavian "PaK40 on M3A3" conversions that they did.

Jason: wouldn't this be based on an M5 light tank, rather than a M8 HMC? The bow machine gun mount and lack of drivers' and co-drivers' vision flaps points towards the M5, I think . . .

Mark

Yeah, I think that I'd have to agree with Andreas here . . . although by the looks of it, the Major should be demoted. His work isn't that good here.

The idea prolly comes from the Yugoslavian "PaK40 on M3A3" conversions that they did.

Jason: wouldn't this be based on an M5 light tank, rather than a M8 HMC? The bow machine gun mount and lack of drivers' and co-drivers' vision flaps points towards the M5, I think . . .

Mark

Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JasonC:

No, they really couldn't. Not a lot of Hellcats floating around in June.

And what makes you think this photo is taken in June? </font>

Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JasonC:

No, they really couldn't. Not a lot of Hellcats floating around in June.

And what makes you think this photo is taken in June? </font>

Why do the three women all look like they have moustaches? And somehow they don't look very much like the French women of that time and place to me. I might also point out to the assembled guests the faintly visible German cross below the star on the side of the vehicle. Something awfully fishy about that pic.

Michael

Why do the three women all look like they have moustaches? And somehow they don't look very much like the French women of that time and place to me. I might also point out to the assembled guests the faintly visible German cross below the star on the side of the vehicle. Something awfully fishy about that pic.

Michael