How to stop downsampling on Macintosh Computers

Some mac users experiance downsampling. For those of you with a radeon card I have a solution! Beside the finder pulldown menu you should have and ATi menu, if not you will have to activate it by holding option-c during your next restart. Once you have this meny activating you will see the Graphics Acceleration bar checked off. Just scroll down, select it and it will uncheck. Start CMAK and voila! No more downsampling. It's as simple as that.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Anybody know if there is something like this for nVidia cards? Personally, I think the Radeon crowd is getting far too much good news lately. I think their cards ought to melt down soon...

:mad:

Michael

Something like what? I have an nVidia and I know everything. :mad:

Kitty

at the risk of being pilloried...

I just tried the fix and didnt notice any positive difference

I know a restart is not needed

because turning off the feature in the menu

immediately has a negative effect

on how graphics are displayed in the OS

please post if anyone has better results !!!

I'll qualify my statements by admitting that on large maps with lots of trees and buildings and stuff some downsampling occurs, but it doesn't seem to be as extreme as with the graphics acceleration turned on.

I used to see the effects of downsampling on all but the tiniest itty-bittyest maps. Not any more. smile.gif

Shadow 1st Hussars

Thank you for the advice.

I turned off ATI Graphics Acceleration and can see no differences. Saved a few close up screen shots (in CMAK only so far), Esc out of the game to compare them. I honsetly can not see any change with ATI Graphics Acceleration on or off.

Could you please describe your Mac system and the model Radeon video card you are using?

Could you please describe what is downsampled on your Mac?

I am not questioning your suggestion.

I am wondering how what Radeon products this anti downsampling tip applies to.

If others could point me in the correct direction (description of down sampled artifacts on the Mac) I would appreciate this.

My Mac:

Power PC 8500 (Sonnet 400MHz accelerator)

576MB ram

ATI Radeon Mac Edition 32MB PCI video card.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Dawg Bonz:

Shadow 1st Hussars

Thank you for the advice.

I turned off ATI Graphics Acceleration and can see no differences. Saved a few close up screen shots (in CMAK only so far), Esc out of the game to compare them. I honsetly can not see any change with ATI Graphics Acceleration on or off.

Could you please describe your Mac system and the model Radeon video card you are using?

Could you please describe what is downsampled on your Mac?

I am not questioning your suggestion.

I am wondering how what Radeon products this anti downsampling tip applies to.

If others could point me in the correct direction (description of down sampled artifacts on the Mac) I would appreciate this.

My Mac:

Power PC 8500 (Sonnet 400MHz accelerator)

576MB ram

ATI Radeon Mac Edition 32MB PCI video card.

Thanks,

G4 400Mhz Mac

768MB ram

Radeon 7500 Mac edition

The downsampling occurs mainly on tanks and on infantry unifoms.